Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Fanboy_

macrumors member
May 20, 2021
I actually live in Indianapolis which is like 2 hrs away from Louisville so Iā€™m assuming mine will be traveling via ups truck haha
Same here. Last year the ups truck departed around 4 in the morning. By 9 it was out for delivery. I am guessing it to repeat this year.

Reactions: maxrest and Wolfs

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Full scans are populated in UPS now. Looks like some delay getting government clearance in China over their Holiday for Wave 2B. I see my hold request on 9/11, too. Import scan in Louisville must have doubled as their "Arrived" scan. Almost 24 hours elapsed between departed AK and import scan in KY, for a 6 hour (-ish) trip.
Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 21.17.58.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 21.17.23.png

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Full scans are populated in UPS now. Looks like some delay getting government clearance in China over their Holiday for Wave 2B. I see my hold request on 9/11, too. Import scan in Louisville must have doubled as their "Arrived" scan. Almost 24 hours elapsed between departed AK and import scan in KY, for a 6 hour (-ish) trip.
View attachment 2065524 View attachment 2065523
You are right! Yes! UPS does see my Hold for Pickup Request! Thank god!!!

1663302355273.png

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Just realized this will be my 17th new iPhone. I've had every year's new phone, including both the iPhone 8+ and iPhone X in 2017. I used the 8+ from launch day until I got my X for its November launch day.

That first iPhone in 2007 was so small and so cute! Unbelievable to use it the first week i had it on a road trip and being able to checking traffic maps, weather, and email, and playing music from it like an iPod. And my 13 Pro Max is such a brute with amazing capabilities and extraordinary cameras. So excited for my new 14 Pro Max as it fixes several of the small niggles that the 13 missed, like the 2x telephoto- so many photos were between the 1x and the 3x, and I missed that intermediate option.

I'm looking forward to the fun of the Island and how it masters that space instead of being limited by it.

Good night all, probably see you with some Quick Start photos on launch morning, which is now "today" instead of later this week!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Because I am tech illiterate, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, etc dumb this down for me if you would, please. I turn my phone on, update it, then activate and do the transfer?
So there are actually two issues the article is confusing, but basically:

1. Turn on, move forward until you get to Connect to Wi-Fi.

2. If youā€™re on a private Wi-Fi network, skip this step and go to 3. If you're on an open Wi-Fi network, tap "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes", then go back to the previous step, and Connect to Wi-Fi.

3. Complete setup, get to Homescreen.

4. Update to 16.0.1.

5. Reset iPhone from Settings.

6. Upon reboot, repeat 2. if needed, then complete setup and migration/transfer.

Clear as mud. Someone please correct me if I wrong.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Well I actually ordered from Verizon not apple. If Iā€™m not wrong I thing it came from Verizon warehouse in coatsville Pennsylvania. Then the Irgun was Philadelphia. Just thought I would ask here because there was more traffic here
Oh, makes total sense. Yeah-I wouldn't worry if I were you. Its all on Verizon.
So there are actually two issues the article is confusing, but basically:

1. Turn on, move forward until you get to Connect to Wi-Fi.

2. If youā€™re on a private Wi-Fi network, skip this step and go to 3. If you're on an open Wi-Fi network, tap "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes", then go back to the previous step, and Connect to Wi-Fi.

3. Complete setup, get to Homescreen.

4. Update to 16.0.1.

5. Reset iPhone from Settings.

6. Upon reboot, repeat 2. if needed, then complete setup and migration/transfer.

Clear as mud. Someone please correct me if I wrong.
I love you for this! Thank you so much for translating to plain English šŸ’œ

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Just realized this will be my 17th new iPhone. I've had every year's new phone, including both the iPhone 8+ and iPhone X in 2017. I used the 8+ from launch day until I got my X for its November launch day.

That first iPhone in 2007 was so small and so cute! Unbelievable to use it the first week i had it on a road trip and being able to checking traffic maps, weather, and email, and playing music from it like an iPod. And my 13 Pro Max is such a brute with amazing capabilities and extraordinary cameras. So excited for my new 14 Pro Max as it fixes several of the small niggles that the 13 missed, like the 2x telephoto- so many photos were between the 1x and the 3x, and I missed that intermediate option.

I'm looking forward to the fun of the Island and how it masters that space instead of being limited by it.

Good night all, probably see you with some Quick Start photos on launch morning, which is now "today" instead of later this week!
The only one that I missed was the first one. I thought, ā€œwho wants an all-screen phone thatā€™s going to be covered with fingerprint smudges?ā€ šŸ˜‚

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

Goodnight, and sweet iPhone dreams!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.