Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
My head hurts at this point.
Lol yeah it’s confusing. Basically it’s just an extra tapping step we have to do during setup. When it asks to connect to Wi-Fi, select the Mac option instead, then go back to the selections and select Wi-Fi, and it’ll work. And this issue is only if you’re on an open Wi-Fi, anyway.

heatherburks

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2019
1D098589-E540-4936-B78D-BB29019AB51F.jpeg
NC phones just checked into Greensboro after a LONG car ride 🙌

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
I was thinking the same at first but actually I think they’re saying we just have to tap that option, hit back, then try Wi-Fi again and all should be good. It’s just a navigation bug.
Really good info to have before starting the process that doesn't work and then wondering what is going on!

To be fully prepared for any issues i have a 16.0.1 ipsw file ready to go to restore the new phone to the updated 14 Pro Max iOS.

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
View attachment 2065498

Just a little FYI for those of you who placed a hold at CC request in and never saw it mentioned on your tracking; I just checked my tracking and it’s finally showing the hold I requested (3 times, hopefully they don’t charge me 3 times otherwise I’ll be asking for some refunds tomorrow). 👍🏻
Thanks for the heads up; appeared for me as well!

Reactions: Wolfs

applesed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Just great, my phone has been sitting in Louisville all day but at least it still showed a 9-16 delivery date…until now. It now states “the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”.
Doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Lol yeah it’s confusing. Basically it’s just an extra tapping step we have to do during setup. When it asks to connect to Wi-Fi, select the Mac option instead, then go back to the selections and select Wi-Fi, and it’ll work. And this issue is only if you’re on an open Wi-Fi, anyway.
Because I am tech illiterate, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, etc dumb this down for me if you would, please. I turn my phone on, update it, then activate and do the transfer?

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
Go to flightaware.com and search by SDF as your origin, then the airport that is (hopefully) near your hub. You can also browse flights leaving SDF. That’s how I found two flights leaving early Friday to my local hub.
I actually live in Indianapolis which is like 2 hrs away from Louisville so I’m assuming mine will be traveling via ups truck haha

Sleix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Sacramento, CA
Tomorrow it’s: “today is the day” message, and you can play “Let’s go crazy”.
Dearly beloved,
we are gathered today here to get through this thing called life...
electric word life, it means forever, and that's a mighty long time,
but I'm here to tell you there's something else...

The Apple world...a world of never ending happiness, you can always see the sun, day...or night.. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.