Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
E899485F-D4AF-46BE-B1DB-24E2AFFA6ACA.png

Any hour now it should be at the local CC and I truly hope they honor my hold request once it’s scanned in locally… 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
That makes me nervous because I don’t think I even know how to do that. I haven’t touched iTunes on my pc in a year
It’s pretty easy. If you already have iTunes on PC, you’ll need to update it to the latest version either using the check for update or download it directly from Apple. Then, connect your device to PC, do a backup (recommend encrypted backup to save data on old iPhone referred in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220 in case you want to restore that backup to new iPhone) and “Check for update” which will fetch the latest signed iOS. This may take awhile depends on your internet connection because it will grab for full IPSW file than the delta update file, enter iPhone password when prompted to proceed and iTunes takes care of the rest. Disconnect when iPhone boots into Lock Screen.

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Found my photos from getting my iPhone last year. My order was delayed by the Apple Card issue, but my wife's did arrive a few days earlier and I was able to use it until my phone arrived later in the week.

Here are a few of my photos, one of me in front of the CC, and the other was the phone to phone transfer.

As I mentioned a few hundred pages ago, I used computer backup to iPhone for a number of years, then switched to the iCloud restore, and now i use the Quick Start phone to phone as the quickest and easiest to do. The new iPhone will provide instructions after booting and it is easy to follow. I recommend doing all backups available- I still back up to my computer and to iCloud immediately before booting the new phone.

Looking forward to doing this again tomorrow morning!

Good luck everyone!

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
It’s pretty easy. If you already have iTunes on PC, you’ll need to update it to the latest version either using the check for update or download it directly from Apple. Then, connect your device to PC, do a backup (recommend encrypted backup to save data on old iPhone referred in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220 in case you want to restore that backup to new iPhone) and “Check for update” which will fetch the latest signed iOS. This may take awhile depends on your internet connection because it will grab for full IPSW file than the delta update file, enter iPhone password when prompted to proceed and iTunes takes care of the rest. Disconnect when iPhone boots into Lock Screen.
You would enjoy the glazed look in my eyes right now. LOL um ok I’m going to go turn on my old computer and in 15 mins when it wakes up I’ll do a backup. I saw someone mention though that this sometimes glitch is on open WiFi so is it really a fear for us at home?

pnorwood54

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
The way I read the article it says with the iPhone 14 just do the new update before you activate the phone and then it should activate

Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.