Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Catchmyvibeee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
IF ONLY I could go right now 🫠

Attachments

• BB3DE76F-F8B8-4E47-B15B-C9DD515CEAFE.png
    BB3DE76F-F8B8-4E47-B15B-C9DD515CEAFE.png
    479.1 KB · Views: 72

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
The trade-in kit is now showing up in my UPS account too - arrives on Saturday.
Mine hasn’t shown up yet.
My phone did leave Phoenix a couple hours ago so that’s good. It’s lonely not having any of you to travel with, but I’m sure I’ll have to fight for a parking place in the morning

pnorwood54

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
oh no! looks like the advise to connect to Mac was spot on!

"...In a memo seen by MacRumors, Apple says that "there is a known issue for iOS 16 that may impact device activations on open Wi-Fi networks." To resolve the issue, Apple says customers should select "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes" in the initial iOS onboarding process when prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network and then return to the previous screen and try again on Wi-Fi until the activation goes through successfully..."
it says just do sys. update before activating

Reactions: Wolfs
I don't have a new address. My old account is using the same address, so I couldn't add my address to my new account because it's tied to the old one. They recommended deleting the old account and because I wasn't thinking about it I said okay. The first tech told me it would only take 24 hours and so it wasn't a big deal to me. She said she would call me the next day to confirm the account deletion. The next day she didn't call at all. So I called back. The next tech said it would take 7 days ... and I asked if the other tech lied to me and he said yes. So I have conflicting information between two techs. And the second tech was insanely rude. When I thought about it ... I was like ... wait a minute ... why didn't he just ask me to change my email on the account? So I called back ... and it was the same rude tech. And I asked if he could cancel the deletion and just change the account email so I could change the password. He said he couldn't cancel the deletion process once it went through. I asked him if he couldn't do it, then connect me to someone above him. So he did. Only to realize that after being connected that their higher up support was closed on the weekends. So then I call back Monday for the 4th time. And nobody would connect me to higher up tech support. So I asked if they could just give me the tracking number because I can see the last 4 of the tracking number using the reference number. I told them my address and number and the person was rude telling me he couldn't give that information to me for security purposes. Which is nonsense because I've retrieved that information before by verifying my home address and everything. And then he rudely told me to contact Apple for the tracking number. So I hung up and got in contact with Apple ... and all Apple did was direct me to my Apple order status page. So I'm quite done with UPS tech support. I'm just going to wait for tomorrow when I get my tracking number and then next year I won't have this issue because I'll have a working My Choice account.

This has been a magical experience.

200.gif
Everyone needs to read this post 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻@Shh Struggle was real and @Shh stayed STRONG!

No departure scan here. Still sitting in Louisville for tomorrow delivery in Houston. Looks like only UPS flight would be UPS772 @ 3:10 am 😳😬
Definitely catching that late night super early morning flight. It will depart. That’s intense!!!

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
oh no! looks like the advise to connect to Mac was spot on!

"...In a memo seen by MacRumors, Apple says that "there is a known issue for iOS 16 that may impact device activations on open Wi-Fi networks." To resolve the issue, Apple says customers should select "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes" in the initial iOS onboarding process when prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network and then return to the previous screen and try again on Wi-Fi until the activation goes through successfully..."
That makes me nervous because I don’t think I even know how to do that. I haven’t touched iTunes on my pc in a year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.