Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

iamcaseyf

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2015
05307CEE-4786-4A0D-AA1F-A75068193D33.png
EAA2B8BF-1300-4F9A-B393-A66D3166C060.png

Interesting. I hit UPS on Twitter cause why not. They said it was “unloaded in KY today” so either their tracking is effed or it fell out of the container and rolled down the runway until someone found it in the grass.

dcrumbaugh

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2011
Interesting, it seems like mine's now on its way to Buffalo from Windsor Locks, CT. Almost about to land according to flightaware.com
LOL I was watching it come in on final and if it hadn’t made that hard R turn over West Seneca it would have flown over my house in Elmwood Village.

Reactions: Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Well everyone! It was another AWESOME year tracking with all of you, we are at the final leg and tomorrow morning we will start getting our beautiful phones, of course ill be on here posting pictures early AM as I have pick up at 8 am, but anyways, happy iPhone eve everyone and like always, till next year!!!! Thanks everyone! Hope everyone enjoys there iphone!
Happy iPhone Christmas to you, @Kinggi!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
So as my phone is near and soon hear tomorrow some more specific questions:

1) My backup for new phone is 15.61 in finder
2) I then am testing release version of 16.x now
3) Last year I unpaired watch and did quick start between phones seemed to work fine
4) I wonder when I unpair watch and it makes backup if I need to have the latest 16..x on the 14 ProMax? To do quick start
5) Or will I need to backup my 13 now with 16.x latest release, watch unpaired and hence backup and update new phone to the latest 16 and restore from backup

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
oh no! looks like the advise to connect to Mac was spot on!

"...In a memo seen by MacRumors, Apple says that "there is a known issue for iOS 16 that may impact device activations on open Wi-Fi networks." To resolve the issue, Apple says customers should select "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes" in the initial iOS onboarding process when prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network and then return to the previous screen and try again on Wi-Fi until the activation goes through successfully..."
WT ever-loving F Tim Apple? We pay big bucks every year for you to have your 💩 together!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.