Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
You missed it :( dang man. You like to do things your way only huh?
giphy.gif

Wilsonsthes

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2022
oh no! looks like the advise to connect to Mac was spot on!

"...In a memo seen by MacRumors, Apple says that "there is a known issue for iOS 16 that may impact device activations on open Wi-Fi networks." To resolve the issue, Apple says customers should select "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes" in the initial iOS onboarding process when prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network and then return to the previous screen and try again on Wi-Fi until the activation goes through successfully..."
So this is not a problem if I use my home wifi right? My home network is not open

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Can anyone tell me how I can about changing my delivery to a local ups store. I registered with my choice, free version, when I click on change delivery, it says an attempted delivery needs to be made first, then I can enter an info number to change the delivery. Do I need to pay the 19.99 to change delivery before an attempt. Thanks for any help.
OK, for anybody else interested, I called UPS, had to be transferred to the international department, they were able to switch the delivery to a local UPS store, at no charge. They said it will still arrive tomorrow. Their hours are until 1 AM to take phone calls.

Kinggi

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2020
Well everyone! It was another AWESOME year tracking with all of you, we are at the final leg and tomorrow morning we will start getting our beautiful phones, of course ill be on here posting pictures early AM as I have pick up at 8 am, but anyways, happy iPhone eve everyone and like always, till next year!!!! Thanks everyone! Hope everyone enjoys there iphone!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Currently watching the original presentation of the first iPhone on YouTube... man, Steve Jobs was the best presenter EVER.

Legendary post! Get inspired! 💕 Just far iPhone has come. It's only going to get better and better.

You just had to bring the feels

View attachment 2065371

The sound of the crowd when he unveils the smooth scrolling for cover flow and iTunes is really a fun reminder of how primitive UI's used to be. I try to explain it to my kid, and he's like - yeah yeah yeah, you had to morse code your neighbors when you were younger, I know.

People love to make fun of Apple but they really did change the game with iOS in a big, big way.

I was in San Francisco when he passed away for a conference. Went to Apple Store in the night and there were flowers like I had never seen before. Literally brought tears to my eyes. RIP SJ. You made this happen.

An iPod, a phone, and an internet communicator. An iPod, a phone… are you getting it? These are not three separate devices...

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I suppose you could try to visit the Apple Store but they might be preoccupied…

At every in-store pick I have done for the iPhone, I am also baffled by people who willingly pick iPhone launch day or launch weekend as the time to come into the Apple Store for minor issues and take up the Genius Bar times for new iPhone set ups and pick ups.

Like in 2019, when I picked up my 11 pro max lanch day, some guy came with his entire iMac set up for a minor Strach on hi screen. Then was complaining about the huge line of people and it taking too long 😂.

Well everyone! It was another AWESOME year tracking with all of you, we are at the final leg and tomorrow morning we will start getting our beautiful phones, of course ill be on here posting pictures early AM as I have pick up at 8 am, but anyways, happy iPhone eve everyone and like always, till next year!!!! Thanks everyone! Hope everyone enjoys there iphone!
Thank you! It was great having you around. Thank you for waiting on me to post this thread. Please stop by here tomorrow. It's a big day for us. You are one of the real ones! Go beyond, go iPhone!

Btw, be ready to pre-order the iPhone 15 with me next year. To be exact… in September… I see Periscope camera 👁️

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
I'm so sorry. I hope you get it all sorted out.

Always go with Apple.com. Hope you can join us for iPhone 15 Pre-Order thread.
Unfortunately it wasn’t just T-Mobile site T-Mobile itself crashed so even when you went through apple you couldn’t process the order because the system stated that the account didn’t exist until hours and hours later when T-Mobile finally came back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.