Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

blurryautopilot

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Mine departed at 3:34pm for Landover, MD. My X and 12 Pro Max traveled by truck instead of plane which I think it’s going again. It’s a 8 hour 52 minute ride, so I should get a destination scan sometime early in the morning.

Good to know. I was wondering why nothing after departure from KY. Makes sense. This is my first launch day iPhone success and I am excited.

man02195

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
I checked. It's an 8+ hour drive from SDF to Raleigh. UPS would rather drive here than take the SDF>RDU flight that left an hour later? That seems...inefficient.
Cost per mile is way way less, load it with all the other online purchases

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
1663295537137.jpeg

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Currently watching the original presentation of the first iPhone on YouTube... man, Steve Jobs was the best presenter EVER.

I watched it last weekend. Steve Jobs was an excellent presenter. If my memory serves me correctly he also had his apple email public and would sometimes reply to fans/ customers who wrote him.

I do remember an infamous time during the iPhone 4 antenna gate and Steve laying the smack down on a troll in a nice way 😂.

Don't know if Tim Cook's apple email is public or allows for apple fans to write him. Though I assume he does as in the Apple Watch presentation this year there seems to be someone reading letters/ emails they received:

Timenprayer

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
I feel the same as a fellow Ohioan! Wish we could track semis lol.
This is me, also. Last year, came by truck into Columbus and arrived just after the Customer Center opened at 9:30. I went in at 9:30 to pick it up, was told they didn’t have it and went sadly back out to my car. As I went to leave, I got a notice on my phone that it had scanned into Columbus just then and I went back inside. The grumpy UPS worker indicated “they’d have to check” and about 15 minutes later, he returns with my phone.

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Neither my watch or phone have left Louisville yet. looks like I’ll either be making a later cut truck or uPS1444.
When getting your watch's tracking information, were you able to find it by using your phone number as the reference for tracking?

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Was anyone not successful using their phone number in the "track by reference" tool? It doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried the order number as well, but nothing :/
A lot of us have randomized reference numbers, I am one of them. Are you a September 16th delivery? Did you not get an email from Apple?

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
View attachment 2065381
oh no! looks like the advise to connect to Mac was spot on!

"...In a memo seen by MacRumors, Apple says that "there is a known issue for iOS 16 that may impact device activations on open Wi-Fi networks." To resolve the issue, Apple says customers should select "Connect to Mac or to a PC with iTunes" in the initial iOS onboarding process when prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network and then return to the previous screen and try again on Wi-Fi until the activation goes through successfully..."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.