Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Do you guys think OCD will kick in. Now we have to make sure our iPhone faces downn at all times to turn off Always on Display???

1663307214410.png

Reactions: Brad7

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
My 14 Pro Max Deep Purple 1tb now out for delivery on UPS truck, Gaithersburg, MD. Won’t actually be delivered until about 6:30 pm this evening, darn. I’m in Rockville, MD.

I’m in Temple Hills, MD and still haven’t received my arrived at destination scan for Largo, MD. I’m having mine held at the hub.

Nah! Cancel vacay….it’s iPhone day!! You gotta be unpairing the AW, backing up old phone, updating / restoring new phone, re-pair AW…and then vacay 😂😂
View attachment 2065609
Tell @Shh about it. It's double the work when you have two iPhones to set. Vacation what?? No way!

• Haha
Reactions: julit0 and Brad7

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
Are you going to set you iPhone up as new? I still can't believe you are going to make us wait till Monday to see you unboxing. What's up with that dude!
Yes, I'm setting it up as new. I'm probably going to restore it with a fresh IPSW download of whatever the updated version of iOS 16 is for the phone.

Sorry for making you wait. I don't have a choice. lol

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
FE5BF319-46EF-4E47-B89B-7A81E9BBFD76.jpeg
I'm in an area that is sometimes serviced by UPS air and sometimes by truck for overnight packages out of Louisville. UPS1356 isn't scheduled until 4:34am EST, so it looks like our phones are currently southbound on I-65. That's just a little nerve-racking. 😳😄

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Yes, I'm setting it up as new. I'm probably going to restore it with a fresh IPSW download of whatever the updated version of iOS 16 is for the phone.

Sorry for making you wait. I don't have a choice. lol
This may have come up before but what's the difference between IPSW and OTA when it's a brand new phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.