Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Has anyone’s hold for pickup at CC ever not go through?? I held mine for pickup when I got tracking, it shows it on the UPS app. My tracking shows out for delivery. I don’t pay anything since I have the premium so it’s not that.
I've noticed some have that Out for Delivery and then it updated to the other one where it says it's ready for pick up.

For mine it went from Arrival to my local UPS CC Hub and I don't have the out for delivery but I have the "As per request blah blah blah have 5 days to pick it up". I even got a text and email that it's ready for pick up.

Reactions: alexcue

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I chatted with UPS chat and the person told me that the packages just reached destination hub and they will be ready for will call pickup today. Asked me to be patient. What 's that mean ? lol.

app still shows "out for delivery" which I think is to the local CC.

I’m waiting until the hub opens at 10am and I’m going up there.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
The IPSW is the entire operating system and firmware for the phone. It's basically wiping the phone clean with a fresh install of the OS and the firmware. If you are using the IPSW to update, it's the same thing ... the entire OS. Whereas OTA is Over the Air and is just sort of a patch. It's not the full OS, which makes it considerably smaller in file size. I find I have less issues with bugs when I use IPSWs over OTA. It's also much faster to update than OTA. I get all my IPSWs from here:

Their links come directly from Apple's servers.
Hmmm never tried this method

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Happy iPhone Day! For several years I worked around the corner from the UPS CC in Austin and on iPhone day I'd go to the CC at 8am to pick up my phone joined in line with others doing the same. The amount of UPS trucks rolling out at 8am on iPhone day was always awesome to watch while in line. Those trucks make a lot of people's iPhone Day Friday's just a little more special :)

We got lucky
Holy smokes!!! A great find. We got so lucky!!!

451CB58B-1A75-499E-9DD1-9EB62BDFEDD3.jpeg

yohjiman

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
wow, I requested for CC hold without realizing the center opens at 5pm EST??

will help to read more carefully next time.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I've noticed some have that Out for Delivery and then it updated to the other one where it says it's ready for pick up.

For mine it went from Arrival to my local UPS CC Hub and I don't have the out for delivery but I have the "As per request blah blah blah have 5 days to pick it up". I even got a text and email that it's ready for pick up.
Yeah I’ll wait and see I guess. This is my first time so I have a feeling they are in separate hubs, so they have to deliver it to the CC to pick up.

Reactions: julit0

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yeah I’ll wait and see I guess. This is my first time so I have a feeling they are in separate hubs, so they have to deliver it to the CC to pick up.
Yea I heard that is also a possibility that if you there is a separate it might go for a short drive?

dmdcash

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2017
Interesting it’s tomorrow pickup but that’s ok and that’s what I did. Noticed the model I wanted is already running out of stock but Purple is still everywhere.

I also ordered from two stores to hedge my bets. Hoping it will be easy to cancel an order and my phone due in two weeks.

Keep the island warm for me today and have lots of fun. I will be here cheering you on.
Everything in Cincy was for today, and now it looks like it is all tomorrow, so they already sold their allottment for today I guess?

Marcus02

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
Just a heads up I’m in Las Vegas not sure if that matters but I had a delivery date for Oct 10-17 With Apple. I checked online today and was able to cancel my order and place a new order for pick up today! i Would check your nearby stores online to see if it says for pickup today first then cancel your order and place a new one!

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
My phone was “out for delivery” at 3:45 am this morning. Ups my choice estimates the delivery time to be between 2 and 5 pm

How accurate are those estimated delivery windows?
Really really just depends on their volume for the day and what happens as the delivery truck is delivering. My estimates are always off by a few hours (later in the day), but for others it could be fairly accurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.