Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Mountaindla

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2016
7AC71B4E-F5BA-4959-BA6A-18006D59042F.jpeg
683CA0C1-8773-4B23-845F-9878022F6715.jpeg

The Silver Surfer has arrived!

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Can’t really count on deliveit’s times anymore since my watch was like 9:45 to 12:45pm and my phone from 9:30 to 1:30pm and no deliveries yet

Reactions: Wolfs

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
They let you print a delivery release and sign it and put it on your door For free.
And I regret not doing store pickup from the get go. Will never trust UPS with my phone again. They lost my wife's and mine is delay until Monday with no chance of being able to just go there and pick it up. So In-Store pickup on release day for the win. I was able to get an order in this morning for a same day pickup to replace the two phones that I don't see ever making it to my house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.11.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.11.57 PM.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.12.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.12.33 PM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.13.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.13.01 PM.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 65

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
My setup/transfer experience:
- Started smoothly, transfer of number from old iPhone (t-mobile) failed
---- Additional detail: prior phone was iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Continued setup
- Quick iOS16 hotfix popped up so I installed that
- Phone asked to transfer number again
- Failed again
- Finished downloading key stuff from latest icloud backup
- Card transfers to wallet done
- Apple watch pointing to new phone done
- email passwords re-entered
- Phone asked to transfer number again
- *** This time it worked! ***
- Now just downloading all my apps to finish things up

So, if t-mobile had a problem it was either patched in that quick iOS fix or is just volume-related and as the crunch of people trying to do this eases up more and more will probably succeed like I did.

Overall not bad at all and I'm topping off it's first charge to 100% as I type this.

Have fun and good luck to those getting their phones today and those eagerly waiting for a (hopefully sooner rather than later) future date.

UPDATE: just got a text message from t-mobile confirming number transfer went through
Thanks for the update. You may have already mentioned it but was you 13 Pro Max esim as well?

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Some observations from the Apple Store I went to today (Victoria Gardens)

Ordered the iPhone this morning for a pickup tomorrow. There was no option for today. It then said ready for pickup and I called the Apple Store Website support number and they told me to head over whenever. So, knowing how there would be some innocent misinformation I packed gadgetry, patience, some logic, and kindness.

There were maybe 30 people in line when I got there at 8am that had not ordered devices yet. The other lines were minimal, and it was very well run.

I was told I should have not shown up today (kindly) but also told I could wait a few hours to see what happens, so I did just that.

By 8:30 no one was in line, and I continued to sit off to the side and an Apple person asked if they could help me. Once I mentioned I was in a time out because my pickup day is tomorrow, they let me right in because no one was in line.

So. Every store will be different of course but if you have a pickup window for tomorrow and the store is close, and you feel like waiting it out you might be able to get your iPhone today. But, if the line was packed when I was there they would not have let me in and rightfully so.

When I left every iPhone offered today was still in stock and there was no one in line. They think the lines will get worse as the day goes on.

My Ultra order is not due till the second week of October so I might try this again next week.

Super nice Apple people today. I hope their day goes smoothly and the people they interact with kind.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Nah, just go home. I’m sure you have sick time. We’re so afraid of using our earned time off in this world we live in, and we shouldn’t. Go home, enjoy your phone and smoke a fatty.
I do have sick time, but there’s a lot of stuff to be done at work and I’m being a responsible employee - adulting sure does suck sometimes! My job actually encourages the use of paid time off and provides a ton of other perks, like flex schedules, but there’s stuff that I really need to wrap up. It’ll just make me crave the iPhone that much more!

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Christmas Miracle!

No my PM14 Pro Max 1TB Space Black is not here.

But...

Randomly this morning I checked Order Status & saw Preparing to Ship. Wallet charge of $1,694.94 appeared 9/16 at 831 AM.

Since Apple expedited shipping, I was told I would have it within 2-3 days of leaving warehouse.

Hopefully I receive it before next Friday the 23rd when my AWU arrives.

Honestly did not expect this so soon as my initial deliver date estimate was Sep 28 - Oct 3
My 256GB space black pro max was slated for Sep 27-30. It still says that, but I also woke up to it preparing to ship. Yayyyyy!!!!

I want mine to show up before next Friday because my new AirPods Pro should get here, but I'm still waiting for my Apple Watch Ultra to slide forward from its sep 30 to oct 7 delivery dates! If everything showed up on the same day I would wet myself during the perfect storm of Apple-ness.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
I have to step out for some time. Reluctantly pre-authorized for delivery and put a note at the door for UPS guy to leave the package in front. I have a ring camera and relatively safe neighborhood.
I found out if you have my choice and you say release item when you signed up then you dont need the form

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Finally done transferring and setting up everything on the new 14PM. Only had a slight hiccup. It didn't want to transfer my eSIM over so I had to chat with Verizon to complete that step. Otherwise is was smooth sailing.

Regarding the new Deep Purple color, all the early hands on videos were in those brightly lit areas of Steve Jobs Theater really made the purple look nice and kinda look like it shifted from purple to blue in the light. But now that I have the Deep Purple in my hands, I honestly wish I had gone with my original choice of Silver because I really wanted to try a lighter color this year. If the iPhone 15 PM has USB-C and comes in Silver it will make it an instant upgrade for me. Otherwise I'll probably hold onto this for two years.
Did you unpair and repair your watch? Or were you able to transfer it over through iCloud? I've researched this (probably too much) and am getting mixed messages on whether it's better to unpair before the old phone back-up and starting the transfer, or just go ahead with the transfer and unpair later, if necessary.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I am so in love with the flagship color this year. I’m so happy with my choice.

I will call this “Ube-by island” lol

03273820-1E95-4C70-900B-0C733574B35D.jpeg

with frosted clear case from totallee. ⬇️

CD2443D2-6771-4725-A79E-565FBE07DC84.jpeg

If you’re wondering what does ube means?

Ube or Ube halaya or halayang ube is a Philippine dessert made from boiled and mashed purple yam. Ube halaya is the main base in ube/purple yam flavored-pastries and ice cream. It can also be incorporated in other desserts such as halo-halo.

A10A31CE-3B6E-4316-AB34-E39B84E5B0B5.jpeg

FF3A8D48-1056-4034-82DB-F1795ECF18E3.jpeg
20CD579A-5D60-4C47-9CDF-92756C9A02B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.