Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
My setup/transfer experience:
- Started smoothly, transfer of number from old iPhone (t-mobile) failed
---- Additional detail: prior phone was iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Continued setup
- Quick iOS16 hotfix popped up so I installed that
- Phone asked to transfer number again
- Failed again
- Finished downloading key stuff from latest icloud backup
- Card transfers to wallet done
- Apple watch pointing to new phone done
- email passwords re-entered
- Phone asked to transfer number again
- *** This time it worked! ***
- Now just downloading all my apps to finish things up

So, if t-mobile had a problem it was either patched in that quick iOS fix or is just volume-related and as the crunch of people trying to do this eases up more and more will probably succeed like I did.

Overall not bad at all and I'm topping off it's first charge to 100% as I type this.

Have fun and good luck to those getting their phones today and those eagerly waiting for a (hopefully sooner rather than later) future date.

UPDATE: just got a text message from t-mobile confirming number transfer went through

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Yup! I keep trying to tell people 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lots of dudes out there just can't let themselves have a purple phone. I get it. But it definitely is the best color.
I prefer darker colors. My attire tends to be monotones of darker shades. Straight black, for me, from a fashion/aethetic pov, is a bit... obvious? Overdone? Thus, I tend to favor dark navy and greys, shades in that realm - basically, darks that aren't black. From what I have seen, this purple appears to completely fit that mold. Looks amazing! While I still ended up preordering Space Black, I am super digging the purple. Well done Apple.

importraverxx

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Finally!! And I'm the only one here lol was expecting a party. Where Ont CC people at 😂

Screenshot_20220916_100403_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I prefer darker colors. My attire tends to be monotones of darker shades. Straight black, for me, from a fashion/aethetic pov, is a bit... obvious? Overdone? Thus, I tend to favor dark navy and greys, shades in that realm - basically, darks that aren't black. From what I have seen, this purple appears to completely fit that mold. Looks amazing! While I still ended up preordering Space Black, I am super digging the purple. Well done Apple.
I hear that! Black is actually my FAVORITE color. But when I mean black...I mean BLACK lol. Not Charcoal and some black.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Yup! I keep trying to tell people 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lots of dudes out there just can't let themselves have a purple phone. I get it. But it definitely is the best color.
Oh I'm very much a dude and would have no problem sporting that deep purple. I just chose the space black as I thought I'd get tired of the purple. I think it looks fantastic in all the pictures.

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Christmas Miracle!

No my PM14 Pro Max 1TB Space Black is not here.

But...

Randomly this morning I checked Order Status & saw Preparing to Ship. Wallet charge of $1,694.94 appeared 9/16 at 831 AM.

Since Apple expedited shipping, I was told I would have it within 2-3 days of leaving warehouse.

Hopefully I receive it before next Friday the 23rd when my AWU arrives.

Honestly did not expect this so soon as my initial deliver date estimate was Sep 28 - Oct 3

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
HAPPY IPHONE 14 DAY FRIENDS

I just received my exciting email that my Silver 14 Pro will be available for pick up at the Apple Store. LOL.

I know it's fun and super exciting to track these beauties but this year I'm pretty grateful I didn't have it shipped to me. I couldn't afford to have the phone held at the Hub this year anyway and if they REQUIRE a signature I would have been screwed between work and home deliveries. Did Apple/UPS allow folks to waive the signature or was it even required at all? If they did require a signature on delivery, did they allow for it to be waived for FREE?
They let you print a delivery release and sign it and put it on your door For free.

Kat1661

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2019
Posted a few hours back about picking up today instead of tomorrow at one of my local Apple stores. I did go and they did let me get it without much fuss at all. was out of there in less than 30 minutes. I also did not have to activate it at the store.
I will do that as well as i have another thing to pick up in the apple store today. Thanks you for letting me know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.