Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HueBon

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2018
I have two watches, a starlight Alpine Loop S, and a Green Alpine Loop M, same as the rest of you ship by September 23. My Apple Cash got charged on the 9th but then I got it back a few days ago. Verizon told me I would get charged once shipped. I also ordered the AirPods Pro 2 from Verizon and that one says estimated to deliver on the 23rd unlike the watches that say ship by sept 23. Mine also says backordered while the AirPods said preordered. Weird.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I pre-ordered on 9/9 at about 9:00 AM over the phone with my Verizon business account representative. I had to because the Verizon website kept hanging when I tried to do it via the internet. I ordered the Starlight because my rep said it had the earliest possible delivery which was 9/23. As of now, the order is in pending status (I can't actually see that but both my rep and CS say so) and my rep keeps saying it will ship on or before 9/23. Also if when I try and order a watch now it says I can not because there is already a pending order. So, I think I'm good to go.

Last edited:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m so confused. I checked my confirmation email and it said backordered. When I check the app for the status, it say estimated to deliver by 9/23. I don’t know which one to believe. My order was submitted at 6:43am on 9/9.

141b1bc1fe3424d0906408a3ad67dd79.png

9b444dd43e8a3adc7ef8035aa7892b07.png

EDIT: I remember when I used to preorder through T-Mobile years back, I would sometimes see a backordered message until my phone shipped and I received it on launch day. I don’t know if Verizon do anything like this or not.

Reactions: decypher44

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
FYI...I just searched and read Reddit about Verizon Ultra Watch orders placed on the 9th. They are all saying the same things we are saying.

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Just spoke to a rep online. As expected, they just repeated back to me what I told them. They just confirmed that they don’t know. Seriously. Ugh.

Time to practice patience.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Do they Ship Fed Ex or UPS now at Verizon? Meaning like phones last week for people. My accessories usually come UPS

DMApple

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I’m so confused. I checked my confirmation email and it said backordered. When I check the app for the status, it say estimated to deliver by 9/23. I don’t know which one to believe. My order was submitted at 6:43am on 9/9.

141b1bc1fe3424d0906408a3ad67dd79.png

9b444dd43e8a3adc7ef8035aa7892b07.png

EDIT: I remember when I used to preorder through T-Mobile years back, I would sometimes see a backordered message until my phone shipped and I received it on launch day. I don’t know if Verizon do anything like this or not.
I'd say this is really good news, and the first "movement" we've seen with Verizon! You said you ordered at 6:43am. What time-zone?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Do they Ship Fed Ex or UPS now at Verizon? Meaning like phones last week for people. My accessories usually come UPS

This is my first preorder through Verizon, so that’s a great question. I hope UPS so that I can have more control over my delivery vs FedEx. I work on Friday, and majority of the time, FedEx will leave a note if there is a signature required. For some packages, they won’t even let you have them sent to another location if you aren’t going to be home.

wx9kvh

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
Wisconsin
This is my first preorder through Verizon, so that’s a great question. I hope UPS so that I can have more control over my delivery vs FedEx. I work on Friday, and majority of the time, FedEx will leave a note if there is a signature required. For some packages, they won’t even let you have them sent to another location if you aren’t going to be home.
Packages are coming via UPS this time around. Last year it was FedEx. Signature is required and they have it set so that they will not deliver it anywhere but your house, I tried to set my phone up to be delivered to a UPS Ship Point and it wouldn’t let me.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I just talked again with Verizon. The rep assured me my watch is shipping Friday and specifically stated mine is shipping via FedEx. Rep sounded very confident. Nothing left to do but patiently wait like Job (Biblical Job not Steve)

Last edited:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Packages are coming via UPS this time around. Last year it was FedEx. Signature is required and they have it set so that they will not deliver it anywhere but your house, I tried to set my phone up to be delivered to a UPS Ship Point and it wouldn’t let me.

I’ve never had any issues having a package diverted with UPS, so hopefully Verizon allow me to have it diverted to a UPS store. As soon as I get a tracking number, I’m going to try to request it with my premium membership.

Reactions: wx9kvh

jpw16

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
Phoenix AZ
I’ve never had any issues having a package diverted with UPS, so hopefully Verizon allow me to have it diverted to a UPS store. As soon as I get a tracking number, I’m going to try to request it with my premium membership.
Let us know if you can. I’ve never been able to reroute a shipment from Verizon with UPS that requires a signature even with a premium membership

lthomas926

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
I just held my 14PM from Verizon last Friday for pick up at the local customer service center. The only issue I had was when I processed the request; it was not showing on the tracking like it usually does. UPS chat assured me they saw the hold request. I continued doing it, and when it finally populated, there were like 3-4 on there.

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 5.55.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 5.54.56 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.