Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
So, besides the original 1984 "hello", Apple/Steve Jobs used "hello again" to introduce the original iMac at the 1998 Apple event. Then we have the smokey colors of the Apple logo sort of merging with each other. Very interesting.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Just a reminder of the state of affairs.

image.jpeg

Reactions: mrxak and m4v3r1ck

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
The Apple Event. October 27th 2016.

Tim Cook, "How about having to use a computer with a built-in display, and then using another computer that's fast and also using a third computer that has a touch screen. [He repeats this twice.] GET IT! It's an iMac, a Mac Pro and an iPad all in one and it runs under a full OS". It's the new iMacTouchPro and it will be Apple's desktop computer for far into the future.

Complete silence.

Someone whispers from off stage. "Tim. Microsoft came out with something exactly like that yesterday".

Tim Cook. "Oh! Hey, how about those cool Apple Watch bands". Mutters to himself. "God I miss Steve".

aaronhead14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
5 more days until you get disappointed for the 90th time....

Seriously people, stop doing any favors for Apple and just switch.

These ***holes will never listen.

I'm curious to know why you're browsing the Mac Pro forums if you're not guilty of doing the same thing. Seems like you're waiting too, or you're at least curious. Not sure there's any other reason you'd be here.

tomvos

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
In the Nexus.
5 more days until you get disappointed for the 90th time....

Seriously people, stop doing any favors for Apple and just switch.

These ***holes will never listen.

So you are asking people to switch to the side where words like ***holes are used to characterize people? One more reason to stay.

Socket

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
it would be nice also a magic keyboard with the lcd touch bar...or a magic trackpad with the functions of a graphic table with the apple pencil, what do you think?

Reactions: ActionableMango

AndreeOnline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2014
Zürich
OK, so let's say Apple DOES in fact reveal the new Mac Pro during the event! High fives all around!

The elephant in the room is this: we've become used to think about 'Mac Pro' in terms of upgraded 4.1s or 5.1s with 12 cores and dual graphics for relatively cheap. Anyone can buy and upgrade the cheese graters.

If Apple launches a new Mac Pro, a similar config will cost $8995. Are you still clapping then?

Make sure 'you' (not directed at anyone special) have realistic expectations before getting too excited.

--AG--

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
It's already to late. Apple have since the switch from the classic Pro demonstrated that they are no company for professional users. Professional users want to; be able to make successive upgrades more regularly than every third year, have multiple CPUs and GPUs, more (internal) storage, the option of having nvidia (cuda). The pricing of the current MP was perhaps ok when introduced but is now ridiculous. If the future can be extrapolated from the past, no professional user will choose Apple. If Apple on the other hand will put up a roadmap, a strategy for the pro segment and infrastructure around its products perhaps they will attract pro users again. I guess (hope) Apple realizes that they need users developing software for their products... even if it isn't showing at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: NostromoUK

kennyisalive

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016
I'm curious to know why you're browsing the Mac Pro forums if you're not guilty of doing the same thing. Seems like you're waiting too, or you're at least curious. Not sure there's any other reason you'd be here.
Because i want people to switch so the design/av industry moves further away from this platform that constantly disrespects its professional users. If that happens, apple will be forced to innovate again or, in the most reasonable scenario, leaves the pro market altogether which would save everyone's time...

Reactions: aaronhead14

PhiLLoW

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2014
OK, so let's say Apple DOES in fact reveal the new Mac Pro during the event! High fives all around!

The elephant in the room is this: we've become used to think about 'Mac Pro' in terms of upgraded 4.1s or 5.1s with 12 cores and dual graphics for relatively cheap. Anyone can buy and upgrade the cheese graters.

If Apple launches a new Mac Pro, a similar config will cost $8995. Are you still clapping then?

Make sure 'you' (not directed at anyone special) have realistic expectations before getting too excited.

yeah it's always the same. Just read a thread on reddit today where someone demanded dual highend Nvidia GPUs , KabyLake Xeons ( not out yet... ) and other stuff which makes absolutely no sense. OFC the whole thing should be below 2000 dollars...

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Even if the nnMP isn't coming until November, as Macworld seems to think, Apple really needs to announce it at least at this event, or there will be even more of a mass exodus than there has been already.
What's interesting is that someone from MacBook Pro subfirum discovered Polaris 10 and 11 gpu support....from Mac OS 10.12.1

Reactions: aaronhead14

Jaho101

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2007

They should do what HP did, and release an i7 Mac Pro on the lower end, but have 6+ or 8+ core variants remain Xeons. That way they can return to that G5 range of pricing they used to have, while still providing hardcore machines for those that need them.

ekwipt

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2008
Totally the i7 MacPro would still be as professional, some people don't even need ECC memory, I'd rather see overclocked memory in there.

All Broadwell-E chips available
64gb 3200mhz memory
Seperate graphics card box with Nvidia and ATI gamer cards available - Mac editions of course :)
Thunderbolt 3

Keep the price low-ish and keep people upgrading everyone few years

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Totally the i7 MacPro would still be as professional, some people don't even need ECC memory, I'd rather see overclocked memory in there.

All Broadwell-E chips available
64gb 3200mhz memory
Seperate graphics card box with Nvidia and ATI gamer cards available - Mac editions of course :)
Thunderbolt 3

Keep the price low-ish and keep people upgrading everyone few years

This looks like a Mac gaming Pro, but not a usual Mac Pro.

But...that's exactly what I want, haha.

Reactions: pat500000

deadlystriker

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
I was so disappointed when Tim said, thank you for coming.

Was expecting more, like where is the Mac Pro?!

Guess its really dead

Reactions: Ezlivin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.