Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
I'm on iOS 11.4 on my iPhone X and battery life has been great. I restored my phone using iTunes and set it up as new. Clean phone. Works like new.

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
I have similar problem on my 6s Plus. And it wasn't just the battery life, it was the general sluggishness of the phone. and it has been there ever since I updated iOS 11. I also had a new battery installed only a few months ago. And it is less then 100 cycles at the moment, so it is not my battery issues.

Finally I couldn't stand how crappy my iPhone was, went to my mate house with 100M internet connection, did a few iCloud Backup ( Why a few? count yourself lucky if you haven't experience a corrupted iCloud Backup ), and I wiped my whole iPhone clean and restore from iCloud.

Now everything is good. Battery and performance. At least to a point I could stand it for longer may be another year if it needs to be. My only problem is iOS 11 in general, seems to have iPhone X and iPhone 8 in mind and you can definitely tell the 2GB Memory in iPhone 6s is causing a bit a problem. I am hoping iOS 12 with Swift 4.1 and later Swift 5 will fix the remaining issues.

My friends also had Battery Problem with iOS 11.4, and she has an iPhone X, so this cant be a battery issues. I told her to wipe and restore from iCloud, so far her comment was " It is better, but it still doesn't seems to be as good as when I had it first ". So I think there are definitely something about Battery in iOS 11.4

LennyFL

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
My wife's and my phone will go from 100% to 5-10% with all apps closed and the screen off overnight since the 11.4 update. I called tech support last week I went to the apple store today and they had us do a hard reset. They said they haven't' heard about any problems with battery life since 11.4. I told them to check the Mac Rumors iPhone forum.

We'll see tonight.

Last edited:

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
My wife's and my phone will go from 100% to 5-10% with all apps closed and the screen off overnight since the 11.4 update. I called tech support last week I went to the apple store today and they had us do a hard reset. They said they haven't' heard about any problems with battery life since 11.4. I told them to check the Mac Rumors iPhone forum.

We'll see tonight.

There's only one solution. Restore your phone and set it up as new. I did it and if worked. I've never had battery issues because I always restore and set it up as new whenever there's a major update.

It works. Guaranteed!

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I set up my 6s as new and even went so far as to not install any apps. And it still drained overnight. It's weird though because I have the same behavior everyday and it drains down about 2 out of 3 days, not every day. Battery always shows the same usage patterns on all 3 days. I'm baffled.

LennyFL

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Well we setup my wife's iPhone 6s as new. Actually, the apple store did. We only added a couple of apps and none are set to use background refresh.

Went to bed at 98% and at 5:30 it was 7%.

We have another appointment at the apple store Saturday.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
I’m still very off-and-on with this problem. For some reason, it seems to happen on Saturday nights more than any other day. Last night my phone as at 100%. By morning it was completely dead, which was a first, normally it’s at least at 20%. It is a most perplexing issue, for sure. Before last night, I hadn’t had the problem in over a week.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
Hmmmm....just woke up to a 4% charge and it was 70% less than 8 hours ago. This hasn't happened in a couple of weeks. The only unusual thing I did yesterday was download a few albums from Apple Music.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
People should check if 11.4.1 solves the issue. I am seeing mixed opinions.
Hard to form a meaningful opinion just yet given that the update has only been out just for a half a day basically. (And that's on top of many not experiencing these type of issues with 11.4, and even some that have been have been seeing things inconsistently too.)

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Feeling good here now I’ve got 11.4.1 and ny 7 128s battery life (and stability) feels like it did under 11.3.

I restored from a back up about 2 weeks ago to try and fix this (to no avail), so maybe that’s something that anyone who is still having issues could try to see if it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.