Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
I'm curious if any members here who got the Apple Watch Gold and Rose Gold edition still have theirs and if it's even used by them

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I just want the box that that watch came in. I've looked around forever for one but was never able to find it.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
I just want the box that that watch came in. I've looked around forever for one but was never able to find it.

i would love the rose grey box! ugh but the ppl who bought them would never sell them i guess

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm curious if any members here who got the Apple Watch Gold and Rose Gold edition still have theirs and if it's even used by them

There is one member who does. I believe he was from Thailand, he displayed photos of the Gold edition. I don’t recall their username, but they do frequent the Apple Watch forum from time to time.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Follow up question, has anyone seen one in the wild? I am really only around people well heeled enough to own one in airports and can say I have never seen one.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
Follow up question, has anyone seen one in the wild? I am really only around people well heeled enough to own one in airports and can say I have never seen one.

No i dont even see gold plated ones, might have seen it once but it could have been a fancy case

Reactions: Plett

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I haven’t, but I imagine with the gold stainless now available, it will make it even difficult for some to distinguish the 18k v.s. Gold Stainless, which obviously the gold stainless being the more ubiquitous Model.

Reactions: Plett

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I can guarantee you that anyone that can afford that watch couldn't give a monkey's about what you thought of their posts :D
I’d actually argue the opposite: anyone who spend that much on an Apple Watch is EXACTLY the type of person who desperately cares what random strangers think of them—hence the useless extravagance.

Last edited:

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I’d actually argue the opposite: anyone who spend that much on an Apple Watch is EXACTLY the type of person who desperately cares what random strangers think of them—hence the useless extravagance.

will, I think it's clear that you're the sort of person who cares about random strangers, because you're deeply judgemental and seemingly uptight.

It's natural that you think other people are too.

I'm sorry. I just don't think wealthy people care about your opinion.

Who knows, maybe they do. Go ask the next guy who see coming out of his Panamera if he gives a toss about you and get back to us with his reply :D

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
will, I think it's clear that you're the sort of person who cares about random strangers, because you're deeply judgemental and seemingly uptight.

It's natural that you think other people are too.

I'm sorry. I just don't think wealthy people care about your opinion.

Who knows, maybe they do. Go ask the next guy who see coming out of his Panamera if he gives a toss about you and get back to us with his reply :D
Astute psychoanalysis, but perhaps you’re projecting juuuuuuuuust a bit. ;)

Oh, and I asked the bloke in the Panamera and he told me to tell you that isn’t an even remotely apt comparison to the topic at hand. :rolleyes:

The gal with all of her plastic bits driving the G Wagon got all in a fuss though.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It Doesn’t matter what the Apple Watch Edition cost today or back then, it doesn’t change what it is, it’s a smart watch, it’s not a high-end mechanical watch that may hold or even gain value. The Apple Watch Edition watch for those who Purchased it, obviously have the expendable means to do so, really not that big of a deal.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
  • Angry
Reactions: jaymc

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
Seems like timing of this thread has summoned forth the very infrequent appearance of an authentic Apple Watch Edition. This posting on eBay is loaded with what would now be considered misinformation (including the original listing price), but someone is obviously fishing. Maybe a pawn shop or estate sale?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-18K-S...CH-ORIGINAL-16-000-00-NOT-PLATED/123873574566

oh wow!

i feel like people would buy at the 6k range if they were huge apple fans tbh because it is a piece of the history

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.