Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Anyone manage to find / order a decent case for the 2024 M4 iPad Pro that isn't the Apple Smart Folio?
Am based in the UK and I ordered a few on amazon (ESR) and they're all going.back as they are way too bulky or feel like cheap garbage.
Why do I get the feeling that Apple are just going to make me shell out for the Smart Folio?!

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012

I have the the current version of this case for my iPad Pro and according to the information below the description a versions of this for new iPad Pro is coming. It’s extremely thin a minimal. However I have owned several iPad cases from a company called Pad and Quill and Burton is the new version of this company. Pan and Quill was by far the best cases I have ever owned.

Last edited:

grouch92

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Good to know! I have the blue one with red trim arriving tomorrow. I've never had one of their cases, but they look nice.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I will be getting Zugu case for iPad but it not released yet and it is highly rated and on here too. This will be my first Zugu case. I have emailed them last night and they replied this morning saying they are waiting to get iPads first and see if compatible with current case and if not then they will make new case and release in USA June/July then Europe shortly after.

So at moment I be borrowing tablet sleeve from Dad and find cheap temp case somewhere when more available (choices limited at moment) and get cheap case until Zugu case released.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
There is a trifold smart cover with shell back by ProCase on Amazon, pretty much the standard cheapo unit without pencil pocket but it looks like they sold out of black and only have blue available.

Here’s the same with black available from Cobak: https://www.amazon.com/CoBak-Released-Protective-Feature-Tablet/dp/B0CYCHL4TH/

It does not fully surround all the sides with cutouts, there are some gaps but the corners are covered with what’s being implied as some cushioning material.

I prefer full edge protection and no pencil provision, so will wait. The Otterbox at Apple dot com looks interesting but it’s more than I pay for a case. More options will pop up on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabotsonline

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I will be getting Zugu case for iPad but it not released yet and it is highly rated and on here too. This will be my first Zugu case. I have emailed them last night and they replied this morning saying they are waiting to get iPads first and see if compatible with current case and if not then they will make new case and release in USA June/July then Europe shortly after.

So at moment I be borrowing tablet sleeve from Dad and find cheap temp case somewhere when more available (choices limited at moment) and get cheap case until Zugu case released.

I have a Zulu case on my iPad mini and love it. It’s durable, well made and it has multiple positions.

Reactions: AggieJoe71

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
The TORRO looks really nice. I bought an ESR but might return it now.

kae0003

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
World
I ordered the Logitech combo and Otterbox case from Apple to try. I wanted a nice case with a Microsoft Surface like kickstand on the back. I hate bulky cases you have to hold that take up a lot of space when using the stand mode, and I hate anything that uses the screen cover as a triangle stand to pick up trash and rub against the screen when closed. Both of these I have in hand and are nice, plus you can take the covers off and have a case protection when you want to be compact around the house, but still have the kickstand for propping it up. Everyone has a different use case though, so buy what works for you.

OtterBox Statement Series Studio Case for iPad Pro 11-inch (M4) - Blue

Logitech Combo Touch Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 11-inch (M4)

dreamwife

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Cupertino, California
I ordered the Logitech combo and Otterbox case from Apple to try. I wanted a nice case with a Microsoft Surface like kickstand on the back. I hate bulky cases you have to hold that take up a lot of space when using the stand mode, and I hate anything that uses the screen cover as a triangle stand to pick up trash and rub against the screen when closed. Both of these I have in hand and are nice, plus you can take the covers off and have a case protection when you want to be compact around the house, but still have the kickstand for propping it up. Everyone has a different use case though, so buy what works for you.

If you could only choose one of these cases - which would you pick? These are the 2 I am going back and forth between.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA

KethanTX

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2024

I agree with you. The Torro is nice but takes up too much space. I like the Logitech but it's expensive, although cheaper than the Apple Magic Keyboard. I think maybe the Otterbox Statement Series Studio. The weird thing is it isn't available directly from Otterbox but it's available from Apple and it's also cheaper from Apple.

kae0003

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
World
If you could only choose one of these cases - which would you pick? These are the 2 I am going back and forth between.
My iPad is an around the house device mostly for media consumption and Lightroom editing, so my use case may be different. I think it comes down to do you want a keyboard or not. The screen cover isn’t really useful to me on the otterbox, so I like the Logitech more in that sense as I would use it sometimes probably. However, the pencil pop out storage is better on the otterbox Rather than just an open cutout. The stand is more solid on the otterbox it seems, but that’s just guessing based on empty cases. The Logitech weight is a lot more with the keyboard, so I would really never use it other than specific use cases.

The feeling of both cases is very similar. It’s a grippy silicon style material and both feel nice. I like the blue over the black, but that’s a small thing. I’m just going to have to see how they compare with the actual iPad. Is the keyboard worth an additional $140 is the question. I don’t think either should cost as much as they do, but it is what it is.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Urban Armor Gear has some pencil friendly cases available for preorder:

Speck has a folio case for the new iPads:

Spigen has a decent assortment of Pro 13” cases and screen protectors:

Last edited:

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Urban Armor Gear has some pencil friendly cases available for preorder:

Speck has a folio case for the new iPads:

Spigen has a decent assortment of Pro 13” cases and screen protectors:

Rugged armor pro looks quality

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
There is a trifold smart cover with shell back by ProCase on Amazon, pretty much the standard cheapo unit without pencil pocket but it looks like they sold out of black and only have blue available.

Here’s the same with black available from Cobak: https://www.amazon.com/CoBak-Released-Protective-Feature-Tablet/dp/B0CYCHL4TH/

It does not fully surround all the sides with cutouts, there are some gaps but the corners are covered with what’s being implied as some cushioning material.

I prefer full edge protection and no pencil provision, so will wait. The Otterbox at Apple dot com looks interesting but it’s more than I pay for a case. More options will pop up on Amazon.

The ProCase one was sold out in black so bought the Cobak one as that's exactly what I'm looking for - the original smart cover/case but with no extra pencil pocket so thank you for that!

I'd honestly prefer if a company made a smart case that covered every single side and was slim, though I'm not sure if it will happen.

Reactions: asleep

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Rugged armor pro looks quality
In the past some here have have been happy with their iPhone cases and their iPad cases, too.

The ProCase one was sold out in black so bought the Cobak one as that's exactly what I'm looking for - the original smart cover/case but with no extra pencil pocket so thank you for that!

I'd honestly prefer if a company made a smart case that covered every single side and was slim, though I'm not sure if it will happen.
I’m sure it’s the same case, and I agree on coverage on all sides… that’s what I’m waiting for. Something will turn up eventually that covers the edges with appropriate cutouts with no pencil provision and is cheap.

• Love
Reactions: secretanchitman

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Temporarily out of stock at $69.95, OtterBox Symmetry Series 360 Case for iPad Pro 11-inch (M4) - Thunderstorm (Black)

If the charge port is on the right side when the landscape camera/Face ID is at the top, then it appears the hinge side for the attached smart cover tri-fold flap would be on the bottom..?? holding it in the new normal landscape mode with Face ID camera on top? Not on the top side. 🫤

522F16E7-F80B-4FC1-A53D-86B2E1947C33.jpeg

Or am I confused here?

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Temporarily out of stock at $69.95, OtterBox Symmetry Series 360 Case for iPad Pro 11-inch (M4) - Thunderstorm (Black)

All of the cases have been out of stock on Otterbox's site. For me on the Apple website it says I can get one delivered or pick up in mid June.

IF you open the Apple store app though, for me it let me order one for pickup today. So maybe give the app a try.

Also, as far as it being "out of stock", the pages themselves do say that Availability is "coming soon".

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
IF you open the Apple store app though, for me it let me order one for pickup today. So maybe give the app a try.
Apple has Otterbox Statement cases for the M4 iPad Pro.

They’re a lot more money than I’ll spend on a case.

I would never be interested in any case where the hinge side of the smart cover part of it is on the bottom edge when holding it properly for the new landscape side located camera to be at the top. When you pick it up the cover falls down.
70CBF3AB-56ED-41EC-ABAC-FBAC127EFCC9.jpeg

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I would never be interested in any case where the hinge side of the smart cover part of it is on the bottom edge when holding it properly for the new landscape side located camera to be at the top. When you pick it up the cover falls down. View attachment 2377102

I didn't imagine that would be an issue with a detachable cover. When the cover falls down, you just remove it. As opposed to trying to flop it over the "top" where the pencil is. 🤨

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I didn't imagine that would be an issue with a detachable cover. When the cover falls down, you just remove it. As opposed to trying to flop it over the "top" where the pencil is. 🤨
And yet the Otterbox Symmetry 360 cover (pictured above) is not detachable.
D1B3FBED-1B35-4CD4-B040-6A29ED56D01B.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.