Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
UPDATE: On 11/10 i went on the apple store chat and spoke to someone. He told me that the only update he had was that they extended it for another 48 hours which would mean that on 11/12 they would have an update. He guaranteed this by end of day on 11/12. By 11pm on 11/12 i had not received any email/call from Apple with an update so i called them. Spoke to this lady who tells me that i should NEVER have been told 48 hours. I immediately got upset. She said the standard is 4 business days which would make the 4th business day on 11/14 for an update. I told her i felt lied to and she said she totally understood my frustration and transferred me to an apple store manager named James. He told me the same thing that he totally understands how i feel and he's gonna be taking control of the situation and is going to escalate it so that it can get urgent attention. He also said Apple is probably hoping that UPS finds the phone and can still deliver it to me since it was so close to my home before it got "lost" hence the delay. I told him i am not waiting forever for them to maybe find my phone and that I want a replacement. He sent me his direct contact details and said he would contact me when he gets back in office on 11/15 but i should hopefully get contacted on 11/14 since it is the 4th business day with an update on if UPS found the phone or if Apple is going to send me a replacement.

I got no update on 11/14 so on 11/15 at 3:30pm i called James. Got no answer. Called back to the normal customer service number and requested to speak to a manager. The guy gave me attitude as to why i would be requesting a manager and i explained that i was already dealing with one so i want to speak to another one. He eventually transferred me to Chris. Chris confirms that James didn't come into work today and so pulls up my information. He then asks me if i called UPS already. I said of course i did! He then looks at the date and then tells me he doesn't see why Apple is taking so long with this case as it could've been dealt with already. So i immediately got upset and told him how Apple's customer service is deplorable and i feel like no one cares:mad::mad::mad:. He told me that James escalated the case with the same people that we were waiting on the update from (which is what he was supposed to do) BUT they haven't even read his email yet. I told him i need an answer right now because this is horrible news. He said that he would escalate it to his supervisor (who he was chatting with while on the phone with me) and have him look at it and then escalate it (this form of escalation is higher than the one James did). He said he would call me at 5pm with an update before he leaves the office. He said if i didn't hear from him at 5pm then he didn't get an update yet and would call me the following day.

At 4:50pm i got a call from a Texas number. It was Chris. He said he had good news which was that his supervisor got the case escalated and they have put in to send me a replacement and that i should now see it listed under my current order status online. He said because it was ordered the same way all phones are ordered, the system generated an automatic shipping time period of 3- 4 weeks and a Delivery date of Dec 14- 21 via 2-3 day expedited service but i must not pay any mind to that because his supervisor marked the order as a replacement which means as soon as one is released from the factory, my order would be attached to it and take precedence over the other normal orders so once it actually gets in the 'preparing for shipment' status i would see the delivery dates change dramatically. He said he's hoping for movement by tomorrow so he will call me tomorrow (11/17) at noon to follow up.

The waiting game continues...:(

Your update was what I figured...hemming and hawing indeed.

Reactions: wireless-toyz09

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Just to give you a bit of hope I had a phone replaced once and my shipping time said 4-5 weeks in my order status and a day or two later it was preparing for shipment and it was in my hands in a few days.
Wow! That would be so awesome if that happens with me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I had to get my 7+ replaced and it was sent out on a Tuesday and I had it held at the FedEx hub that Wednesday. It took less than 24 hours to receive my phone.

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
I had to get my 7+ replaced and it was sent out on a Tuesday and I had it held at the FedEx hub that Wednesday. It took less than 24 hours to receive my phone.
Wow! Was this iPhone shipped from CHINA? Because he told me my replacement would ship from overseas.

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
What color and memory 7+? JB is the one they're having a hard time producing, so the op's probably will be straight from factory, as opposed to from other store or warehouse.

ireadblitz

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
This happened to me with my Tmobile order for my 7+ MB 128g about 3 weeks ago. After it shipped from Tmobile I submitted a request via my "myChoice UPS" account for UPS to hold my package at their hub so I could pick it up there since no one would be home at the time of the attempted delivery. They said it was fine. Fast forward to the day it was supposed to arrive at the UPS hub and i get a call from UPS saying my package had been lost and that i should contact the shipper (tmobile) for them to file a claim with UPS. I did this and was told by tmobile that they will begin the investigation and that i should hear back within 7-10 business days. Since i had already been waiting for my phone for almost a month i refused to accept that waiting period so they put a block on that IMEI # of the phone that was lost and refunded me my money back and placed an order for another one then and there. I ended up receiving my iphone 2 days later (free overnight shipping courtesy of tmobile). Tmobile has always been great for me in terms of customer service luckily. Oh and i just got an email about a week that UPS ended up finding the package hahaha. They attempted to deliver it to me but tmobile told me to simply reject the delivery and tell UPS to return the package to sender.

Hope your situation gets resolved sooner rather than later. Best of luck

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, it's a terrible feeling. I ordered my Apple Watch from Target and UPS left the box on my porch (without attempting to get a signature) and rang the door bell. I grabbed the box as they were driving away l and found it opened with the Apple Watch box empty. In the end it took about a month to get a replacement :( I'm glad to hear Apple is handling the situation much quicker than Target did.

Squirreladd

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2016
I used to work for a tel-co in America. I can tell you it happens more then you think. We used to joke they had "Christmas ears" when it got really bad.

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, it's a terrible feeling. I ordered my Apple Watch from Target and UPS left the box on my porch (without attempting to get a signature) and rang the door bell. I grabbed the box as they were driving away l and found it opened with the Apple Watch box empty. In the end it took about a month to get a replacement :( I'm glad to hear Apple is handling the situation much quicker than Target did.
Wow. That sucks.
[doublepost=1479386279][/doublepost]UPDATE: Replacement phone has shipped! :). Scheduled Delivery date: 11/21 by end of day. I'm wondering if i should chnage it to have it held at the UPS location from now:confused:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Wow. That sucks.
[doublepost=1479386279][/doublepost]UPDATE: Replacement phone has shipped! :). Scheduled Delivery date: 11/21 by end of day. I'm wondering if i should chnage it to have it held at the UPS location from now:confused:

I do that now for every package containing anything from Best Buy, Apple or T-Mobile.

alexo

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2016
well something alike happened to me, i bought a Black iphone 7plus 128GB a month ago through apple store online, after 3 weeks of procesing items it finally was shipped from china and sent to my home in austin TX, they tried to deliver last Thurdsday but i wasnt home, so as i wasnt gonna be home also on friday i changed the delivery to be picked up on a ups store....

i went into the ups system i changed the delivery, a few minutes later the delivery change was approved by ups and exactlly 3 minutes after that pumm a message appear in the ups system stating that apple requested the package to be delivered back to them, then from that moment (nov 11th) hell broke loose i called ups a million times they didnt do ****, i called apple 20 times called to 3 different supervisors and it didnt made a difference at all, now they allready refunded the amex cc, its like if it was in auto pilot once the process started i was allready completelly screwed, it didnt matter what i did, or how many times i called nothing changed.

apple telled me they didnt request the shipment to go back, they dont have a clue why that happened, and the options they gave me was hey why dont you go online and buy another one, and i say yeahhh sure GREAT help and just wait for another month when i have allready been waiting for two months (simfree version), or just track the website to see if some phone pops up on the austin apple stores!!

i was like WTF!! that ME solving the issue not apple, if i had the guy infront me i would have punch him in the face, so i was seeing that no matter what i did this process continued in auto pilot, so 3 days ago i bought a new one through apple store online, of course delivery dates on the 15th of december, they told me they expedited that order hahahaha, by now i dont believe anything at all, so in my opinion and my experience apple haves the worst customer service in the world, i just really hope that they send that phone like tomorrow cause i need it next week cause i allready sold my old iphone6, sad sad situation...

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
well something alike happened to me, i bought a Black iphone 7plus 128GB a month ago through apple store online, after 3 weeks of procesing items it finally was shipped from china and sent to my home in austin TX, they tried to deliver last Thurdsday but i wasnt home, so as i wasnt gonna be home also on friday i changed the delivery to be picked up on a ups store....

i went into the ups system i changed the delivery, a few minutes later the delivery change was approved by ups and exactlly 3 minutes after that pumm a message appear in the ups system stating that apple requested the package to be delivered back to them, then from that moment (nov 11th) hell broke loose i called ups a million times they didnt do ****, i called apple 20 times called to 3 different supervisors and it didnt made a difference at all, now they allready refunded the amex cc, its like if it was in auto pilot once the process started i was allready completelly screwed, it didnt matter what i did, or how many times i called nothing changed.

apple telled me they didnt request the shipment to go back, they dont have a clue why that happened, and the options they gave me was hey why dont you go online and buy another one, and i say yeahhh sure GREAT help and just wait for another month when i have allready been waiting for two months (simfree version), or just track the website to see if some phone pops up on the austin apple stores!!

i was like WTF!! that ME solving the issue not apple, if i had the guy infront me i would have punch him in the face, so i was seeing that no matter what i did this process continued in auto pilot, so 3 days ago i bought a new one through apple store online, of course delivery dates on the 15th of december, they told me they expedited that order hahahaha, by now i dont believe anything at all, so in my opinion and my experience apple haves the worst customer service in the world, i just really hope that they send that phone like tomorrow cause i need it next week cause i allready sold my old iphone6, sad sad situation...
wOw!! :eek::eek::eek: This is terrible!! I don't know what the deal with UPS is but maybe they should look into using a different shipping courier like FedEx. I hope you get your phone soon! ....as for me i will be sitting in the house on 11/21 awaiting my doorbell to ring:rolleyes:.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
wOw!! :eek::eek::eek: This is terrible!! I don't know what the deal with UPS is but maybe they should look into using a different shipping courier like FedEx. I hope you get your phone soon! ....as for me i will be sitting in the house on 11/21 awaiting my doorbell to ring:rolleyes:.
For me Apple always used FedEx when I ordered stuff through them and every time they use Fedex, I always request a hold for pick up.

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Update: on 11/21 i picked up the phone from UPS:D:D:D. Happiest moment in life.

When i tried to activate it, it kept throwing an error. After a few tries, it finally activated but i noticed the sim in my other phone did not deactivate. I called AT&T on 11/22 to have it properly activated and that's when they told me that the phone was marked as stolen so there was nothing that could be done. It was useless trying to explain that the "first phone was stolen" and that "i had the replacement phone" so on 11/23 i called apple to demand an explanation and they called me back and we went on a conference call with AT&T so that they can mark the lost/stolen phone's IMEI as lost and my current phone's IMEI as legit. This phone call took almost an hour but the issue was solved afterwards. I have service and the old sim card was deactivated.

Attachments

• IMG_4228.JPG
    IMG_4228.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Reactions: 3lionsbecks

Stacked

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
This actually happened to me too. I ordered my 7 to be delivered to my office (I work on a college campus).

Long story short fedex delivered it to some other department and it was signed for but I haven't been able to locate it. Apple's doing a shipping investigation but the person I spoke to basically told me it was delivered and signed for so it's my problem and not apple's. If fedex delivered it to the correct office then I shouldn't have to lose $1k with no phone.

If apple doesn't give me a replacement or issue a refund I'm thinking about calling Discover to issue a chargeback. Has anyone had any success or know about the repercussions of doing a chargeback?

Superrjamz54

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2015
This actually happened to me too. I ordered my 7 to be delivered to my office (I work on a college campus).

Long story short fedex delivered it to some other department and it was signed for but I haven't been able to locate it. Apple's doing a shipping investigation but the person I spoke to basically told me it was delivered and signed for so it's my problem and not apple's. If fedex delivered it to the correct office then I shouldn't have to lose $1k with no phone.

If apple doesn't give me a replacement or issue a refund I'm thinking about calling Discover to issue a chargeback. Has anyone had any success or know about the repercussions of doing a chargeback?
Apple is not responsible for FedEx delivering it to the wrong location. FedEx is though.

Reactions: Thor_1

Stacked

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Apple is not responsible for FedEx delivering it to the wrong location. FedEx is though.

But I paid apple for the phone not fedex. In my logic if the phone isn't found apple should issue me a refund and try and collect that money from fedex after. Why should I have to lose money over something I never received?

Superrjamz54

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2015
But I paid apple for the phone not fedex. In my logic if the phone isn't found apple should issue me a refund and try and collect that money from fedex after. Why should I have to lose money over something I never received?
Apple didn't deliver it nor are they responsible for FedEx screwing up. It's Fedex's fault not Apples

Stacked

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Apple didn't deliver it nor are they responsible for FedEx screwing up. It's Fedex's fault not Apples

Right. So Apple rightfully washes their hands of this and fedex is supposed to cut me a check for the phone; as if that's going to happen.

So what now lawyer up and head to court with fedex.

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009

If apple (well FedEx more than Apple) doesn't take responsibility for this mishap, i would definitely file a chargeback. I hope you get something resolved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.