Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Yes, it's very good low light performance - incredible to think that a camera can shoot at iso5000 or 6400! I'm still using ISO50 black and white film...

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Why thank you :)

The rivier is the Potomac a few miles north west of DC in the DC metro area called Great Falls National Park

Interesting looking river. The lighting is a bit flat and the compositions are a bit tight, but good effort. Just thought I'd balance out the 'drool' :)

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Interesting looking river. The lighting is a bit flat and the compositions are a bit tight, but good effort. Just thought I'd balance out the 'drool' :)

:) It wasn't a great day to be outdoors I'll have to be honest... I agree that they are a little tight... Still getting used to this full frame thing :)

Thanks

whoathere

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, IL
A friend of mine got his last Thursday. Obviously, I stopped by to take a look. It is amazing. The video is great, photo's are great. Overall, a good camera, which comes with it's price tag. One thing he showed me that I thought was cool, and being a novice, don't know if it's common or not, was the camera has an 'option' to zoom in real tight on something, so you can focus perfectly and then you just back out and then your subject is in perfect focus, no guessing. The lens is not doing the zooming, but the camera does. Maybe I didn't explain it well, but I thought it was neat.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
A friend of mine got his last Thursday. Obviously, I stopped by to take a look. It is amazing. The video is great, photo's are great. Overall, a good camera, which comes with it's price tag. One thing he showed me that I thought was cool, and being a novice, don't know if it's common or not, was the camera has an 'option' to zoom in real tight on something, so you can focus perfectly and then you just back out and then your subject is in perfect focus, no guessing. The lens is not doing the zooming, but the camera does. Maybe I didn't explain it well, but I thought it was neat.

Sounds like something out of a Cybershot.

The3nd

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
5diipu5.jpg

Just picked up a few hours ago at a Best Buy, I hate paying taxes but I hate waiting more. Plus got 4 year accidental protection....

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
My Rebel XT has been feeling a bit long in the tooth for a while now... I don't have nearly the money to buy a 5d Mark II but I've noticed a sudden surge in the number of used camera listings on eBay and craigslist for 5d Mark I's and 40D's, mostly because their Mark II's are arriving. Hopefully that will drive the price down on Mark I's and 40Ds so I can get a good price on a used one of those.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Interestingly enough, you can take photos while capturing video...
Wow, thats a cool feature. Lets hope its not a bug and a feature cause I always believe that some events are better in video but there are some scenes where photos will give a unique effect.

I wonder why Canon did not build a built-in-flash for the 5D while Nikon compact full frame has a built-in-flash.

lucidmedia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Wow, thats a cool feature. Lets hope its not a bug and a feature cause I always believe that some events are better in video but there are some scenes where photos will give a unique effect.

I wonder why Canon did not build a built-in-flash for the 5D while Nikon compact full frame has a built-in-flash.

its def. a feature. Fully documented in the manual.

As a professional camera, I don't see the use or need for a small, on the camera flash. I am glad they left if off.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT

It was not included on the first 5D either, or on the 1D series. When you get that level of professionalism, you use your own flash/lighting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.