Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psych.professor

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2019
DC-Baltimore Region
I use the 11 inch iPad Pro every week. Seems to be the perfect size (for me). I toggle back and forth between the Olive Tree App and Good Notes for writing just brief notes (helps me pay attention). I also use it to teach my Sunday school class. I had the 12.9 inch and that seemed to big for me.

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
I go to a big church here in Dallas. I‘be seen folks in our congregation using iPads all the time. But I’ve never seen anyone using a 12.9. I owned one briefly last year, and it was way too big to lug around the world. I refunded it as quick as I could and got something smaller.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
Our associate pastor uses an iPad while listening to the senior pastor...so I guess it’s kosher now.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
I’ve been using my iPad for years and years at church. My iPad and the Olivetree bible app Has been a perfect match for me. Now I’ve upgraded to the 12.9 iPad, more is better right? Well it’s been four days and now I’m thinking maybe this 12.9 is just too big an I’m jumping the shark. I may need to revert back to my old iPad for church. Now don’t get me wrong I love this 12.9 completely! But it just may not work for my situation.
Can anyone give their experience of using a 12.9 at church? Too bright, clumsy, privacy, drop prone?
When I was a teenager too many years ago to admit, the expression from those who thought they were cool was "when in doubt, whip it out". Not sure I could work up the courage with my 10.5 Pro with 12.9ers ready to pounce.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.