Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josevazrodrigues

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I dont think so, what happened to me was even if i fully charged the airpods the battery shown on the iPhone was not correct, it would take longer to update the battery percentage. Initially since they could be turned on, apple said it was an hardware problem and they had no other option than me paying for a full replacement since they were not reparable. But as they actually died i found out it was the battery, and on their website there was this battery replacement service, but i really had to dig into apple and force them saying it was on their website and they had to accept it. Because also on the agent store they hadnt that service listed, so i had to ask them to ask apple for the service.

What happens is in this battery replacement service they have to replace the hole right part of the airpods so you get a not just a new battery and it get more warranty as well.

SHates

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
One thing I have noticed recently is that in addition to the issues of connecting, my APMs also have difficulty disconnecting when I take them off. Or they'll disconnect, but I'll get constant "AirPod Max Connected" messages appearing on my iPhone.

SHates

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
I've tried a few things and have had zero issues over the past three days (I'm probably jinxing it by posting). I don't know which may have helped, but as it's working better than it has for a long time I'm not touching anything to narrow it down:

1. I took both pods off the headband (Using a sim removal tool) and gave the connections on the headband itself a good clean with alcohol wipes. I also reversed the side I put them back on.
2. I ran the battery all the way down and let them stand for a couple of days before charging.
3. Fiddled around with "Automatic Head Detection" and made sure it was enabled on all my devices.
4. Set all my devices to connect "When Last Connected to this X".

I had almost given up on them, considering it was at a point where taking them off for even a minute would require a restart. But I'm back to actually enjoying them these past few days.

Reactions: Forsaken_Pudding

raynor

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2020
I've tried a few things and have had zero issues over the past three days (I'm probably jinxing it by posting). I don't know which may have helped, but as it's working better than it has for a long time I'm not touching anything to narrow it down:

1. I took both pods off the headband (Using a sim removal tool) and gave the connections on the headband itself a good clean with alcohol wipes. I also reversed the side I put them back on.
2. I ran the battery all the way down and let them stand for a couple of days before charging.
3. Fiddled around with "Automatic Head Detection" and made sure it was enabled on all my devices.
4. Set all my devices to connect "When Last Connected to this X".

I had almost given up on them, considering it was at a point where taking them off for even a minute would require a restart. But I'm back to actually enjoying them these past few days.
is your APM still fine? #1 on that list seems like a bit of work but maybe worth it if it actually fixed your APMs?

Trying to find anyone who has been able to fix this issue

Forsaken_Pudding

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2024
is your APM still fine? #1 on that list seems like a bit of work but maybe worth it if it actually fixed your APMs?

Trying to find anyone who has been able to fix this issue
1 year ago I sent my APM's to Apple for repair (Different issue), long story short, they replaced the headband and some internal components.
Ever since I got them back I have had the issues reported in this thread, I gave up and stopped using them.

I came across this thread and I tried only step #1 and so far my APM's are working perfectly, step #1 was the only thing I had never tried.
Not sure why this worked but it did for me.
If you have tried everything but cleaning the contacts on the headband it is well worth a shot.

srgarcia

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2014
This advice from iPapa on this Apple forum post fixed the issues you all have been describing for me.

I was having to reset AirPods max constantly.
– After I took them off my head
– After I wanted to switch to a new device

The thing is, the reset wasn't working reliably either. The lights would respond almost at random to my button presses. At periods I couldn't get lights to respond at all, or the white light would show for 5 secs than disappear, etc. Eventually I could get them to reset mode. But then sometimes they wouldn't connect to devices. They wouldn't detect when they went on my head (no ANC starting, no response from the button, etc). The AirPods max splash screen would spin on my phone or the sound dropdown on my mac. And sometimes on my phone, I could get audio to play, but the ANC would be in the "off" mode and the noise cancellation button wouldn't have any effect or no sounds.

HERE'S WHAT FIXED IT

[IMG alt="iPapa"]https://discussions.apple.com/public/assets/avatars/SYSTEM_DEFAULT_AVATAR_EN_1215.png[/IMG]
iPapa
User level:Level 1

20 points
Aug 23, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Hunter_gg
Hey Hunter_gg,

I've had a similar issue and the way I got around it was... while plugged in press and hold both crown buttons. Keep the buttons pressed while the light first flashes amber and then approximately 10 seconds later it will flash white. Leave them plugged in while they reboot.

Unplug the headphones and put them in their little slip cover for about 5-10 seconds. Now, take them out next to your phone and they should appear as ready to connect. If they do not pair, leave them unplugged while you press and hold the two buttons until the amber light flashes.

I've had several pairs of Maxs' due to the condensation / head sensor issue. With every pair I've had the issue you described. That little Technology VooDoo above worked 100% of the time.

What I noticed after the issue was fixed, which might zero in on this being the solution for you. My devices stopped showing the "Moved to iPhone/iPad/Mac" dialog when they moved between devices. After following iPapa's solution, device switching, resetting, ANC, and those "Moved to" dialogs are all working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.