Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
I really don't care about hardware improvements to the iPad. My M1 is still way more than powerful enough for the software. I just want more capability, power and control at the OS level, WITHOUT shoe-horning macOS into it.

I want the iPad to stay an iPad (touch-centric).

The (relatively ancient) cursor/keyboard improvements already addressed one of the biggest shortcomings of iPadOS: text-editing.

So I'll be miffed if Apple decides to go the LAZY Microsoft/Windows route and slap macOS onto a touch-based tablet device.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Although there are no rumours suggesting it, I’m thinking we might see a new Apple TV and/or HomePod announced too.

Rumours last year was that there would be a new Apple TV in the first half of 2024, and the complement leaks of a HomePod with a top display (not the one with a 7” iPad strapped to the front) have been picking up recently. Tie that in with the SharePlay QR code stuff that appeared in one of the iOS 17.4 betas but then quickly disappeared again. Perfect feature to debut on a HomePod with a screen.

DMinTX

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Any Apple TV rumors out there? I am itching to pull the trigger on upgrading one of mine, but knowing my luck they will announce a new one as mine is being shipped if I buy now.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
Although there are no rumours suggesting it, I’m thinking we might see a new Apple TV and/or HomePod announced too.

Rumours last year was that there would be a new Apple TV in the first half of 2024, and the complement leaks of a HomePod with a top display (not the one with a 7” iPad strapped to the front) have been picking up recently. Tie that in with the SharePlay QR code stuff that appeared in one of the iOS 17.4 betas but then quickly disappeared again. Perfect feature to debut on a HomePod with a screen.
Home pod to go with AVP?

W£S

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2021
Was looking at the invite again and I see three “i”s on the right. Was trying to find the A on the left but couldn’t do so.

But I suspect that the pen can detect colours. When it touches the dot above, it changes in colour as it moved along.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Just realized Disney Q2 earning on the same day before the market opens, will there be any partnership?

heretiq

Contributor
Jan 31, 2014
Denver, CO

Apple has announced it will be holding a special event on Tuesday, May 7 at 7 a.m. Pacific Time (10 a.m. Eastern Time), with a live stream to be available on Apple.com and on YouTube as usual. The event invitation has a tagline of "Let Loose" and shows an artistic render of an Apple Pencil, suggesting that iPads will be a focus of the event.

The event invitation does not mention an in-person component, with Apple inviting the media to watch online alongside the general public.

During the event, Apple is expected to announce new iPad Pro and iPad Air models, along with updated Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard accessories.

Here is everything that has been rumored:
Apple has not released any new iPads since late 2022, so this event has been a long time coming. The event will take place just over a month before Apple's annual developers conference WWDC, which runs from June 10 through June 14.

Article Link: Apple Announces 'Let Loose' Event on May 7 Amid Rumors of New iPads
Has anyone been able to find this event on AppleTV — or know if it will be viewable on AppleTV like past Apple events? I’ve searched AppleTV and found past events but nothing about this upcoming event.

needsomecoffee

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2008
Seattle
Let your MacPad screen loose:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.