Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txscott

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2012
Still using my 2018 12.9" iPad Pro. Works for all my current needs. I use my 15" M2 MacBook Air mostly, use the iPad only for reading or when I am sitting in front of the TV (my attention span is so short I need two screens to keep my attention, very sad). I will hang on to the current iPad and carefully watch WWDC to see if there are iPadOS features that the 2018 model will not support, like on device AI. Then I may buy a new 12.9" iPad Air or perhaps a new Mini, whenever it releases, if I'm only going to use it while watching TV and reading.

Reactions: dmccombs

PeterKeller

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2021
Canada
Let's hope this is the WWDC that the iPad gets some more Mac like features, even if it would gain it just in Dock Mode... Would be already a win
Don't pre-buy one on that hope. I got the M1 iPad three years ago based on the fact that the hardware was so good, they "MUST" be planning on making the software better.

Nope.

Reactions: dmccombs

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
Could this possibly include international launch dates for the Vision Pro? The rumors said so and it would make sense to launch it in more countries before WWDC.

Reactions: JPloof

Dopestdude2

Suspended
Apr 19, 2022
So the Air is now the warmed-over previous Pro?

I'm not sure that makes the iPad line-up any less of a mess. What happens to the 9th-gen and 10th-gen, which are quite different? What happens to the mini? I thought for a while they would align the mini with the Air, but not any more.
The mini is more likely to be killed off than aligned with any other iPad at this point.

There’s probably good reason why there’s zero rumors on a new model.

JPloof

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
Could this possibly include international launch dates for the Vision Pro? The rumors said so and it would make sense to launch it in more countries before WWDC.
I hope so. Waiting patiently here in Canada. Maybe Let Loose also refers to international launch for Apple vision.

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Interesting image. So this new pencil, you squeeze it and virtual ink shoots out on the iPad screen, where AI instantly converts it into amaze grafitti artist style scenes that you pretend you did all by your lonesome (on social merdia)

Gotcha, can't wait !!

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

Halmahc

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2023
no, he said "dont expect" because Gurman knows better that Apple can change their minds
he said ipads on May with new pencil and keyboard when nobody else didnt...so this should be a lessons that he still is one of the most accurate. Dont be envy that he knows more than you do
I'm not questioning his credibility. I know he is the most accurate and reliable "leaker". Just that some people take his speculation as final say. They trust him more than necessary.

dbwie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I'm wondering if Apple is purposely having iPads one generation behind MacBooks to prevent overlap.
That seems plausible. The momentum in recent years seems to have shifted back to the Mac because of the M series processors. A new M4 MacBook vs. a new M4 iPad Pro is probably not a choice that Apple wants to put in front of us? I will be interested to see how Apple differentiates the iPad (especially the Pro model) from the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
It's a 2hr event. Apple has my attention.

Seems pretty long for just some small updates of essentially the same products (yeah smaller bezels, etc). Remember that Mac event last fall which was only 30 minutes. Especially the iPad Pro updates might be bigger than we thought.

It was also very weird that these iPads were reportedly delayed because of missing software. Seems like there's a pretty hefty update coming there as well just like when the cursor or the Pencil hover feature were introduced.

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

AlexESP

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2014
IMG_0614.jpeg

Logo on Apple’s homepage… “Pro” and “Air” 😉

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.