Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
Ended up with over 432K viewers livestream on YouTube. Could have been bigger but there are so many outlets for viewing "live".

What future tablet markets will demand I do not know, but the prices on these new models are low enough that this line should continue for another year.

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
iPad Pro + Magic Keyboard makes it the perfect successor to the MacBook 12... except for the fact it's gimped by iPadOS... if I had iPadOS + ability to run macOS apps (my case Xcode or Android Studio) it's my cafe/travel machine... it'll never happen... not expecting that @ WWDC (rather AI stuff)

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
It would be neato if they put Xcode on the iPad Pro since they love comparing the performance to the MB/Ps.

Reactions: Orange Bat

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Hmm piece increase but not as much as I thought it would be on the iPod Pro, M4 is good. Shame it’s still got the same restricted OS.

Reactions: Antoniosmalakia

Jaxjie

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2018
Every year, Tim Cook is curious about what people will do with these devices. But every year, they're the same devices..

Reactions: unobtainium

Osxguy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Keizer Oregon
Missing a link.. these just don’t excite me like they used too… and the price structure stays as stagnant as their OS…

Attachments

• IMG_4266.png
    IMG_4266.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 23

hybrid_x

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Teh Interwebz
Wow... so now there will be a two-generation buffer between Air and Pro iPads. That'll keep them well differentiated for years to come. Kind of wild that the Pro is now thinner than the Air, which kind of blows up the whole naming convention.

I'm disappointed that the Pencil Pro still doesn't have an eraser on the opposite end!

Curious... was this event streamed in spatial video for the Apple Vision Pro?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
No Mini?? Ridiculous. Extremely disappointing showing. Apple needs to inject some fresh life into this product line.

Mainyehc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
Lisbon, Portugal
Yeah, I would say this is not the biggest day for iPad since its introduction. Seems more like an evolution and the iPad finally getting tech it should've had for a while like OLED.
To be fair, screen-wise, it's the biggest jump since the Retina/third-generation iPad… Up until now, all iPads had LCD screens, and the jump from those to tandem OLED is as big as from non-Retina to Retina. These things can be used for colour grading, let that sink in. And they're not too expensive, which means a successor to the Pro XDR display shouldn't be too far off and not overly expensive (even if it's, say, 50% more expensive than the current model, the fact that it will have insane peak brightness – heck, make it a triple OLED deal if necessary – and not suffer from blooming will make it the best standalone display on the market, period).

Reactions: Pezimak

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
Not too bad increase in price of the iPad Pro! The 13 inch Air is like gen 1 iPad Pro. Not bad at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.