Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macos9rules

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
If you’re being so pedantic then no, v2 was Emagic Logic 2.0, not “Pro” and not “2”
I was not trying to be pedantic. I just think the article title is misleading. It should say "Apple Introduces Logic Pro for iPad 2..."

Reactions: ninecows

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
yeah, no. from press release:

Logic Pro for iPad 2 is available on May 13 as a free update for existing users, and available on the App Store for $4.99 (U.S.) per month or $49 (U.S.) per year
Oy, MacRumors should probably use that instead of…
Logic Pro is available for the new iPad models and the Mac, and it is set to come out on May 13. The software is free for existing users, and $200 for new users.
Because the iPad version is most decidedly not $200 for new users. Well, I mean in 4 years, yeah, but not all up front. :)

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
Or AI can help pros to work faster and more efficiently :)
I dont know. I’m not a Pro, but I struggle more with giving “Drummer” instructions and directions on how the groove should be than I would if it was a real session drummer. The real pro’s in that category will just nail it in take 1 or 2. A less pro will need a few more.

But of course if the “pro’s” you’re talking about just need some basic drums and don’t care about the details I guess it’s fine.

Looking forward to hear what the bass and keyboard “players” can offer.

Stem splitter and ChromaGlow are for Apple silicon Mac’s only apparently.

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
If you are a Youtuber, FCP and LP are excellent tools.
Sometimes it seems like these apps are more tailored towards YouTubers making videos showing their viewers what the apps can do, rather than making actual content like real music and movies.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: OS X Dude

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Expecting to see some more updates to the software in the near future.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
I was not trying to be pedantic. I just think the article title is misleading. It should say "Apple Introduces Logic Pro for iPad 2..."
Trust me, nobody interpreted Logic Pro 2 as Emagic Logic 2.0 for atari

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Or AI can help pros to work faster and more efficiently :)
As an aspiring "pro", practicing the drums and guitar help me work faster and more efficiently. So does working with math problems. I don't need AI to make my brain lazy.

MichaelDroste

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2017
Quad Cities
As an aspiring "pro", practicing the drums and guitar help me work faster and more efficiently. So does working with math problems. I don't need AI to make my brain lazy.
No need to get lazy - get more creative! Seriously - work better and faster - very happy with AI

statler

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Logic on iPad would be a lot better with some purpose-built accessories. Bring back the Akai Synthstation!

v3rlon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
Earth (usually)
I dont know. I’m not a Pro, but I struggle more with giving “Drummer” instructions and directions on how the groove should be than I would if it was a real session drummer. The real pro’s in that category will just nail it in take 1 or 2. A less pro will need a few more.

But of course if the “pro’s” you’re talking about just need some basic drums and don’t care about the details I guess it’s fine.

Looking forward to hear what the bass and keyboard “players” can offer.

Stem splitter and ChromaGlow are for Apple silicon Mac’s only apparently.
That only works if you have a real drummer on hand. I can talk to all the drummers in this room and not get anything. If I want to start putting a track down, I can get a lot done using that fake drummer until the real one shows up. It may just be a workflow thing, but I will take Kyle over a click track all day long and then some.
If you just want the idea so you can show someone, it is a world better than nothing.

Reactions: Bodhitree

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
That only works if you have a real drummer on hand. I can talk to all the drummers in this room and not get anything. If I want to start putting a track down, I can get a lot done using that fake drummer until the real one shows up. It may just be a workflow thing, but I will take Kyle over a click track all day long and then some.
If you just want the idea so you can show someone, it is a world better than nothing.
Don’t get me wrong. I use Logics drummer on most projects because there aren’t any real drummers available. But it lacks ways of giving it more instructions and change details. It’s too simplistic. I used jamstix back in my PC days and back in 2006-ish version 1 totally outperformed today’s LP Drummer. But jamstix has very poor support/compatibility for Mac.

_iCeb0x_

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2003
Strange that after all their efforts to never mention “AI” and always call it machine learning or some other derivative, it seems they’ve given in and are freely calling things “AI”
Maybe pressure from investors to get into the AI space.
I would keep a good distance from the term “AI” too, as it is now equivalent to “LLM-based chatbots”… which is not a really good example of AI anyway, at least not one with any real utility.

_iCeb0x_

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2003
AI is the future of music… not just jingles for everything…. Imagine sliders to choose various aspects of the composition… future is bright indeed… Suno is amazing….
Yea, just imagine morons dialing parameters in to create songs, without understanding a thing about music.

We should be praising technology that allow humans to spend less time on chores and have more time for the good things in life, like making art. But then, technologies enable people, that are otherwise unable to make art, to make it… and leaves us wit everything that makes us into tools.

And some people like this…

MichaelDroste

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2017
Quad Cities
Yea, just imagine morons dialing parameters in to create songs, without understanding a thing about music.

We should be praising technology that allow humans to spend less time on chores and have more time for the good things in life, like making art. But then, technologies enable people, that are otherwise unable to make art, to make it… and leaves us wit everything that makes us into tools.

And some people like this…
AI is here to stay… You can use it or choose not too… for me I need singers… to complete my songs - a pain spot for me…

I’ve waited for a singer for an entire year before they decided it was time to work…

I can’t afford $350 on up to hire a singer PER song….

With AI I’ve completed 30 songs that have been languishing in my hard drive

AI - to me - is wonderful

nathansz

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2017
If it was in the article I missed it

Are new logic features apple silicon only?

dozoy

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2024
Don’t get me wrong. I use Logics drummer on most projects because there aren’t any real drummers available. But it lacks ways of giving it more instructions and change details. It’s too simplistic. I used jamstix back in my PC days and back in 2006-ish version 1 totally outperformed today’s LP Drummer. But jamstix has very poor support/compatibility for Mac.
EZDrummer is very good. Lots of fun and very flexible if you need a drum track.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I don't care for AI Drummer and Bass player, as I can do that myself, thank you very much.

However, the Stem Splitter function could potentially be huge.
How many times I wish I could better mix a live stereo take. If this can help me doing that I'd be a very happy man.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
There have been many songs that did well on the charts with presets, even as far as utilizing little more than a rhythm that came built into some hardware. AI is similar to this, to me.

So, is today the May 13th that we’re supposed to be able to give it a try? :)

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
It’s out now. Reading the description, it reminds me of the old Music Memos (no longer on the App Store), which also had the ability to add accompaniment to your recorded audio. It also had a flexible tempo, as you played faster or slower, the instruments kept up. :)

And, if the stems technology is anything like what we hear live on Apple Music when vocals are removed, I’ve gotta think that an offline process has to provide even better results, right?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.