Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
I’ve been wanting to play with making music for a while now. I have to admit I’m fairly new in this space, and not really a musician yet, so I wonder what would be better, download GarageBand or get Logic? The new AI session players sound really useful…

SkweeBop

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2024
Just updated to Logic 11, and it has ruined Christmas. Takes more than five minutes to boot up on my M1 Mini. This is not ok.

Reactions: gank41

Schnitzel1979

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
Just updated to Logic 11, and it has ruined Christmas. Takes more than five minutes to boot up on my M1 Mini. This is not ok.
oh dear, that sounds not good, maybe a new update will fix this issue ?
has anyone installed it on a M3 and how long does it take to boot there ?

thanks !

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013

Any particular reason to make you think Logic is the problem?
I have the same setup and zero problems.

By the way, do you mean « boot up » (as in system boot up), or do you mean « load up » (as in Logic starting)?
If the problem is about Logic loading/opening up, then it is likely caused by an incompatible extension, plug-in, in which case the Plug-in Manager might be of help in finding the culprit.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I’ve been wanting to play with making music for a while now. I have to admit I’m fairly new in this space, and not really a musician yet, so I wonder what would be better, download GarageBand or get Logic? The new AI session players sound really useful…
Download GarageBand and give it a try. Albums have been released from tracks created in GarageBand so you may never feel limited by it. However, if you DO feel limited, Logic can read GarageBand files, so you’ve lost no effort and a lot of the basic way it works will carry over, so there’s that benefit, too.

SkweeBop

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2024
I meant to say "load up". Same thing was reported by quite a few folx on the Apple community. The problem was that I'd get the bouncy icon for about three minutes, then dead for a varying number of minutes, and then the app would spring up out of nowhere.

I ended up just grabbing a previous version from my most recent Time Machine backup and all is back to normal.

Schnitzel1979

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
Hi everyone,

since Apple will most likely not release a new Mac Studio in 2024 I will go for a Macbook Pro m3 Max. Has anyone tried Logic Pro 11 with such a machine ? Does it run good ? Is the Neural Engine enough for the AI Features in Logic Pro 11 ?
Thank you !

Best regards,
Schnitzel

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

since Apple will most likely not release a new Mac Studio in 2024 I will go for a Macbook Pro m3 Max. Has anyone tried Logic Pro 11 with such a machine ? Does it run good ? Is the Neural Engine enough for the AI Features in Logic Pro 11 ?
Thank you !

Best regards,
Schnitzel
The AI features in Logic Pro 11 are really basic, and they work perfectly on any Mac with at least an M1 processor.
So, yes, Logic will work great on a MBP M3Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.