Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garyhe23

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
I have this issue too, and very surprised that this thread is not hot enough. I guess it is an issue that probably everyone has it?

Chris289

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
My Apple Watch Ultra has exact the same issue. Yesterday it has worked for nearly 34 hours, today I face the issue after only 12 hours again. I suppose that it is a software bug. But talking to Apple support I don't have the impression, that Apple already is informed about the bug...

ocdeal

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009

Alexriolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
Italy, I also have the same problem on Apple Watch ultra stops working the microphone with showing voice messages dictation and Siri. Brought to Apple Watch service and shipped by Apple inspectors and they returned it to me saying there's no problem!! But the problem exists and in fact it doesn't work yet. We hope they fix it with an update as soon as possible.

Garyhe23

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
My Apple Watch Ultra has exact the same issue. Yesterday it has worked for nearly 34 hours, today I face the issue after only 12 hours again. I suppose that it is a software bug. But talking to Apple support I don't have the impression, that Apple already is informed about the bug...
Thanks for the info, why you don’t think it is a software bug anymore after talking to the Apple support?

Alexriolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
Yes yes, I wrote that we hope they update quickly to solve the problem, because in the Apple service centre they confirmed to me that it is not a problem hardware.

ocdeal

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
It would be great if folx would file a case with Apple Support (whether this is happening with your S8 or Ultra). They are currently collecting logs from my watch to figure out why it happens. This would be easier if I knew how to reproduce it on command . . . unfortunately my mic issue just randomly happens throughout the day.

The more logs they can collect, the quicker they'll be able to identify and fix the issue!

I'm US-based and just started with the Apple Chat through iMessage. It got elevated to a "Senior Advisor" who have been in contact with me over multiple days now.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I daily have issues with JustPressRecord an app that is one of the reasons I own an iW.
No pattern has emerged that clarifies what could be done to resolve this irritating distraction.
BTW, the noise app tends to trigger false alerts so what would I lose to delete it?

fraternihil

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
Same problem here on my S8. People cannot hear me in Walkie Talkie and in phone calls until I switch off/on the Watch.

Alexriolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
Apple confirms the problem with the microphone of some Apple microfono
Series 8 and Ultra

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
Apple confirms the problem with the microphone of some Apple microfono
Series 8 and Ultra
Do they say exchange for a new watch?
While walking my dog this morning, only 1 of 3 messages using JustPressRecord worked as expected.

Alexriolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
I went to an Apple Store and they didn't change it for me they did all the checks and they told me it's not a hardware problem anyway now Apple has formalised the problem saying it will release a software update as soon as possible

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
If Apple says the fix is software rather than hardware, do those upthread who got new AWs report mic success or failure in their new AW?

Reactions: ocdeal

Acevalsl

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2018
In the fourth replacement I have been given a watch that I have been working for a week without any problem. Not everyone has the same flaw. The difference with the other three is that I took it out of the box and it didn't ask me for any kind of update.

henni2016

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Anyone tried 9.1 Public Beta? Someone on a german forum said, that it fixed the problem for him.

Reactions: ocdeal

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
7 days after replacing it with a new piece, the microphone still works
Did anyone else get a replacement watch that can also report no problems with your mic?
If so, please specify one of the apps that you use.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I tried to make an appointment at the local 'genius bar', but first available was Sunday. The first available were are BBs.
I purchased this iW8 at BB and have 'elite' status so could I not just show up at BB?
Those who went to Apple stories, did you have an appointment or just show up?

Alexriolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2022
I made an appointment at the genius Apple, after various checks and sent to assistance they did not replace me. They say it's not a hardware problem and to wait for the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.