Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes so, at least for me. Here’s a video:

I can rotate the Watch through 360 degrees and the band doesn’t touch the body at any point. To be fair, I have removed quite a few links as my wrist isn’t huge.

When I laid my first Apple Watch down with the screen up, it rested on the band in the clasp area.

Great movie but I did not watch it. I had NO links removed.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
If i reverse my Mercedes up against a brick wall, the bumber will scratch and dent. If I rub the stainless steel strap against the back of my Rolex it will scratch. Are you saying that Rolex don't make quality watches.

Not the best examples.

If I paid additional for OEM Seat covers for my Mercedes, and after pulling them off saw marks all over my seats, would it be fair to say I should had been warned, or Mercedes should not be selling them?

Why would one “rub” the stainless steel strap against any watch? I lay my Omega Watches flat on top of the bracelet, I don’t have any scratches on the back, same with most of my watches.

When I laid my first Apple Watch down with the screen up, it rested on the band in the clasp area.

Great movie but I did not watch it. I had NO links removed.

So what he’s saying is if you TRY to scratch your SBSS Apple Watch with the link Bracelet you could. But in normal use, it is safe to use.

I thank everyone for the feedback in this post. I considered purchasing the Milanese Loop, and will be taking a pass.

A question that was asked is being that the scratches are on the bottom, what’s it matter....my concern is scratching it enough where sensor readings may eventually get affected.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Not the best examples.

If I paid additional for OEM Seat covers for my Mercedes, and after pulling them off saw marks all over my seats, would it be fair to say I should had been warned, or Mercedes should not be selling them?

Why would one “rub” the stainless steel strap against any watch? I lay my Omega Watches flat on top of the bracelet, I don’t have any scratches on the back, same with most of my watches.

So what he’s saying is if you TRY to scratch your SBSS Apple Watch with the link Bracelet you could. But in normal use, it is safe to use.

I thank everyone for the feedback in this post. I considered purchasing the Milanese Loop, and will be taking a pass.

A question that was asked is being that the scratches are on the bottom, what’s it matter....my concern is scratching it enough where sensor readings may eventually get affected.

The black DLC coated link bracket or Milanese band will scratch the back of the watch for sure. I guess if you did it enough it could hurt the sensor enough to skew readings. The DLC coated band should be fine if watch is set on it's side when not in use to keep the contact from happening.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
The Apple™ branded link bracelet is very ridged. It must be manipulated forcibly to get clasp to make contact with the back of the Apple watch. In fact, if stored in the closed position it is impossible to force the bracelet to contact the back of the watch without breaking it.

Any one who as used one should know this.

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
I had an SS S2 for only a few days with the Milanese band and until you get the hang of putting them on without flipping it up onto the case, that’s what’ll happen. My SS had a bunch of micro scratches until I clued in and figured it out. The trick is to complete the loop and pull the whole thing over your hand onto the wrist, pretty much like you’re forced to do with a sport loop. This way you don’t have a ‘free’ end flailing around. I’m sure a lot of folks find out he hard way. S

rdy0329

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2012
I can't imagine someone coming up to you to check the back of your watch an go like: "you ain't perfect anymore".

I do agree about handling Milanese loop with caution.

Reactions: Vermifuge
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.