Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What are your feelings from the new Journal app?

• I absolutely love it!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Undecided as of yet

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Don't like it. But maybe it could grow on me?!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I can't believe it's this terrible.

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoYoung

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2015
Fixed it for you.
As much as I like the journal app, objectively there's no reason why Apple not released a Mac and iPad app alongside the iPhone one. I'm a little tired of weird Apple decisions like this. I'm using my computer like 90% of the time (in term of tech I use), if I want to write something, it's there. Aside from phone and messaging stuff, my phone is probably the tech I use the least. Not having this app on my iPad or Mac is simply a thing I don't understand and make me looking for alternatives in the long run (for all their weird decisions over the years).

Reactions: teerexx52

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
I am still using two journaling apps as I am hoping Apple release it for the IPad, if they don’t then I will just use Diarium full time.

It needs an export and import feature to be taking seriously as a true journaling app.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
As much as I like the journal app, objectively there's no reason why Apple not released a Mac and iPad app alongside the iPhone one.

Perhaps “there’s no reason why Apple has not released a Mac and iPad app alongside the iPhone one.”

Or perhaps there is a HUGE reason that you are not privy to. You have no idea at all.

I find that mode of argumentation very tiring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.