Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ubisoft today announced plans to release Assassin's Creed Shadows, the next game in the Assassin's Creed franchise, on November 15. It will be available on Macs with Apple silicon through the Mac App Store, as well as Windows PCs, the Xbox Series X or Series S, and the PlayStation 5.

Assassin's Creed Shadows takes place in 16th century Japan, with players set to take on the role of Naoe, a shinobi assassin from the Iga Province and Yasuke, a powerful samurai. Each character offers a different playstyle, progression path, skills, weapon options, and stats. Naoe focuses on stealth skills, while Yasuke excels at combat.

The game has a vast open world to explore, and Ubisoft says players can expect a variety of landscapes that have evolving weather and seasons. There will be castle towns, bustling ports, pastoral landscapes, and peaceful shrines.

As with past Assassin's Creed games, players will need to hunt down targets and build spy networks, with the game featuring a customizable hideout and recruitable allies.

The standard version of the game will be priced at $70, but there are more expensive Gold, Ultimate, and Collector's Edition options that include additional unlocks and merchandise. Pre-orders are available from the Mac App Store starting today.

Article Link: Assassin's Creed Shadows Coming to Apple Silicon Macs in November

BabyBoii

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2022
Can't wait to ditch my PC and only use a Mac. 2024/2025 are gearing up to be big years for gamin on Mac!

Reactions: ikir

Tom Caper

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2024
This crab mentality that everything should be on steam is hurting Mac gaming… how about celebrate and demand developers release more games on Mac OS first..
Steam is a game store on Mac OS. In my opinion, steam would be the best place to purchase a game so it can be played on Mac… you are calling it a crab mentality but failed to understand the previous commenters statement.

MacLawyer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
Stupid to not support Intel Mac's, the majority of the customer base still and will be when Apple goes back to x86 in a few years after the Taiwan fiasco
I can tell you X-plane 12 made my maxed out 2020 Intel iMac's fans to spin so loudly I barely could hear the sim. On my Studio X-Plane gets 60 FPS at max settings and the case doesn't even get warm.

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2021
Wow this meh. i just hope assassin creed try to tell original stories which might sparks my jadded heart.
looks average, and of course the black guy is a brutish type of character ( i swear black characters are the american Russians) I am shocked they did not give him a minimum.
jokes aside I do love the whole weeb phase in the entertainment industry. we did get blue eye samurai ( gigidi)

toobravetosave

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
it’s not apples fault it’s not going to be on steam but i’m not spending that kind of money on a cross platform game to have it stuck on the appstore which, frankly, is an embarrassing storefront for games

steam is amazing and is probably the primary way most games are played on mac (edit that and maybe battle net altho they’ve also abandoned supporting apple hardware)

Reactions: rmariboe

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
too bad it’s not on steam
Why?? Steam sucks. You dont actually own any of the video games you buy off steam.
you are renting them. Your digital rights to play any game bought on steam can be taken away at any time.
much like your entire music collection off iTunes. allowed to run thru the use of digital certificates

getting a physical disk for a video game for your PS5, PC, Xbox is always best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.