Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Chip NoVaMac said:
Yep, the D-Lux 2 is an amazing camera!

Like this image. The only thing I would prefer to see in it, is the man getting to release the fly, as opposed to after.

Thanks for the feedback Chip :) Yeah, that would look really well, although I think by having it the way it is at the moment, it conveys a sense of tranquility and peacefulness. However, having him release the fly would give the shot a bit of motion in what is otherwise a very still shot.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
It's been raining here the last few days. When it stopped for a bit, I went out back to check on the Asian poppies, and saw the drops on them.

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

L

Lau

Annk - great pictures. The second one is amazing - you can really see the hairs pushing the surface tension of the water drop.

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
annk said:
It's been raining here the last few days. When it stopped for a bit, I went out back to check on the Asian poppies, and saw the drops on them.

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

Great Macro shots, the detail is great.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Thanks. :)

I especially like D Lux 2's water-on-leaves, snap58's droplets, Forcedperfect's duck-on-water and...this list is gonna be long, I'm afraid - I've got the thread open in another tab and I just keep wanting to add on here. :p I really like LOTS of these shots.

I like gauchogolfer's take on the theme.

Nezza

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2005
Guernsey
A couple taken with my new lens. Not pictured is me trying desperately to stay on my feet in the face of fiercely blowing wind. I came back from the beach feeling sand-blasted.

Attachments

• srf1.jpg
    srf1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 135
  • srfsun.jpg
    srfsun.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 149
  • wsrfsun.jpg
    wsrfsun.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 143

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA

Nezza said:
A couple taken with my new lens. Not pictured is me trying desperately to stay on my feet in the face of fiercely blowing wind. I came back from the beach feeling sand-blasted.

i like the second one. have you used a filter to make it look like sepia or did the colors really turn out like that?

sjl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
And now for something completely different.

I figured that I'd do something rather different for this assignment. Et Voila:

Yes, I took that from underwater: Blairgowrie Pier, in Port Philip Bay, Victoria, Australia (not really in Melbourne; it's about 90 minutes from where I live, give or take a bit.) Be gentle; I'm still figuring out the whole underwater photography thing. :eek: There's a few other underwater shots I've taken and posted on Flickr (take 150 shots, cull them down to 39, and even then, there's only a few that I'm really happy with ...)

I need a decent strobe, I think. :D (not for that shot, though; a strobe wouldn't have improved it, and may actually have diminished the shot quality.)

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
Took this out about a week ago right before a thunder stom. Critiquing greatly appreciated, I'm a beginner but very interested in photography...

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
I was looking out for water while on holiday. I missed out on a shot showing out clear/turquoise the sea was though... just couldn't get it into a decent shot at all since was trying not to get my camera wet.

So... here's my 'Goldsworthy' moment on the beach, a tap on a Roman fountain and just to have a 'reflection' that wasn't on the Tiber, the flower market at Campo di Fiori after the cobbles had been soaked while watering the flowers from the fountain (which I've cropped down... I might post a wider crop though since I'm not sure it gets the scene truly over as is)

Attachments

• seashore.jpg
    seashore.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 116
  • dragon.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 111
  • flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.