Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color and storage option are you getting?

• Total voters

iFJM

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
Welcome to the thread for the AT&T 2018 iPhone pre-order thread.

If the rumors and leaks are true; which iPhone will you be getting? And are you using the myATTApp, ATT.com, Preordering at a AT&T store or just camping out on launch day.

Let us know.

This thread will be updated on new information when the New iPhones are launched.

Official Apple Announcement September 12, 2018.

If everything is true I’m going for the highest GB iPhone(even though I don’t need it), the largest phone size and the gold color.

Reactions: Christocentric

Guda.FL

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
Probably the app. Coming from 8plus, Im going for the Xs. Tired of the large bazels. White this time around, Going to be wild this year, ive always done black / space grey.

musclecarpower

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2018
TX
Undecided in regards to configuration, though leaning towards X model of sorts, with more storage capacity to be certain.

Guda.FL

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
As to ordering, last year the apple store app was delayed for 3m past 3am, att web store went online 1m before 3pm. You just never know, but i do feel att did get better over the years.

Reactions: Tikatika

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Trading in my X and getting the X+, whatever the biggest one they have lol-256G and I will be waiting 1st in line at the apple store this year instead of pre-order like I did last year!

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I strongly recommend Apple’s desktop site for pre-ordering. Apps tend to freeze or cause you to constantly quit and re-open versus just refreshing your web browser.

Reactions: Glideslope

havenyoung

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I'm planning to order from AT&T Premier portal this year, as I am under a corporate plan.
Does anyone have any experience with that?

travod

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Is there a difference between using ATT Next and using Apple's seemingly identical 24 month-trade in after 12 month plan?

circlel05

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2018
Oklahoma
Just paid that early upgrade fee. Eyeing that Gold iPhone XS Plus. :D
I'll do the same in a day or two. Replacing my daughters 6S+ and making the switch from Samsung to the Xs Max myself. Had good luck with AT&T when I preordered my Note 8 so I'll try them again.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Is there a difference between using ATT Next and using Apple's seemingly identical 24 month-trade in after 12 month plan?
AT&T Next does not include AppleCare whereas with Apple it is included so you will see a difference in monthly pricing.
[doublepost=1536724017][/doublepost]My friend signed up for Next Every Year last year and will be upgrading this week. He was asking if he can use the Apple Store App to process his Next order or will he have to use the AT&T website or MyAT&T App?

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
AT&T Next does not include AppleCare whereas with Apple it is included so you will see a difference in monthly pricing.
[doublepost=1536724017][/doublepost]My friend signed up for Next Every Year last year and will be upgrading this week. He was asking if he can use the Apple Store App to process his Next order or will he have to use the AT&T website or MyAT&T App?

Yes you can use the Apple store app to do a NEXT order.

iLOLWUT

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Have a 8+ 256, hoping for a 512 gig Xs +

Used the apple store app last couple years and got on release date, fingers crossed

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
As to ordering, last year the apple store app was delayed for 3m past 3am, att web store went online 1m before 3pm. You just never know, but i do feel att did get better over the years.
Yes. Last year was fooked with the Apple Store online and the Apple Store Apps on both my iPad and iPhone. I ended up getting into ATT really quickly so I just ordered from there and got the X on launch day.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
So does this early upgrade fee apply to Next 12 who bought the iPhone X at launch last November?

Reactions: Tikatika

Firocity

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I am hoping AT&T offers a sweet trade in promo like they did on the Iphone 7. I traded in my 6 and got the 7 for free with bill credits!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I am hoping AT&T offers a sweet trade in promo like they did on the Iphone 7. I traded in my 6 and got the 7 for free with bill credits!
Same here. Also considering a move to TMO.

If no decent deals I'll just keep my 7 as it's in fine shape and doing what I need it to do.

mfa81

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
att is asking me to pay 3 months, since I got mine a few weeks after iphone x release date. if I do it through apple store, how do I trade in my phone back to att and how do I pay the 3 extra months?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Questions for this group:

I am not tied to a contract with ATT and will pay for my phone outright.

So if I do the preorder early Friday AM and get in on the first batch:

1. If I preorder to do an in store pickup - when is the X S Max expected to be at the store for pickup? On the 21st?

2. If I preorder, when is the X S Max expected to ship? Ship on the 21st or for expected delivery to the customer on the 21st?

3. For the pre-order, I’ve heard that you need to select a carrier and they won’t have the simless phones available. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I appreciate the advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.