Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color and storage option are you getting?

• Total voters

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
ATT will only sell the ATT model locked to ATT. If you pay full price you can request an unlock. Delivery is the 21st, home and store. Makes no difference.

nolegirl

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2013
Does anyone know if we will be able to order more than one during pre ordering? Both my fiance and I are upgrading so I wanted to order both phones in one go instead of having to order one at a time and risking backorder. Will use which ever company allows ordering multiple phones, Apple or AT&T. TIA!!

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, haha!!

Hello again to all the pre-order people!!

XS Max in 256gb for me, along with a 44mm S4 AW in SG.

Come on 12:01 :D

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
This is my first time using att to upgrade with next. I paid my phone up to the upgrade so I see the option for trade in. Currently the iPhone max isn’t displayed but I’m sure it will appear... at 12? Anyone have experience upgrading with next through the myatt app? Should I use the website instead?

Also, does anyone know if I chose to ship to store (assuming that’s an option) how long they would hold it at the store?

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
Anyone have experience ordering a new iPhone through myAT&T app or similar? Hopefully smooth? Just now learning you could preorder through Apple which sucks... I didn’t prefill my info. Hopefully the att app is smooth.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Last two years I’ve been more successful getting in the att site quicker than the Apple store would open up for me.

Reactions: Jayright99

iLOLWUT

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
For me I used to order thru the at&t site, but it was always slow, and never went live on time, and rarely got it on release date

Order thru the apple store app has been easiest and you can get it on launch day

scorpioria

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
So does this early upgrade fee apply to Next 12 who bought the iPhone X at launch last November?

If you did the ATT Next Every Year and got your phone in November you would have to pay 2 more payments in order to upgrade (you must pay 50% of the device cost to upgrade)

For me I got the iPhone 8 Plus last year in September and my bill that was due in August just made it in time where I had paid 50% of my phone cost so I dont have to pay any extra to upgrade

Hope this makes sense :)

Reactions: Tikatika

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
If one orders through the ATT store, does the phone deliver on launch day, or some day thereafter? I only ask because the following Monday after launch day I will be at a doctor appointment during the time when I usually get deliveries. I would not want an iPhone delivered while I was that far from home.

scorpioria

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
If one orders through the ATT store, does the phone deliver on launch day, or some day thereafter? I only ask because the following Monday after launch day I will be at a doctor appointment during the time when I usually get deliveries. I would not want an iPhone delivered while I was that far from home.
The phone should be delivered on launch day 9/21 usually is shipped overnight so they have until Thursday to ship or they are usually waiting at a hub

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.