Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backstreetboy

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2023
Sorry. I rather not settle for an inferior Os
Inferior? It can run Stremio or Kodi.
You can sideload apps.
USSD menu doesn't take up the whole screen.
You can run apps side by side.
Apps in my country are better because Android has 90% marketshare.
Actual T9 dialer.
You can disable dialpad tones.
Homescreen customisation.
Work profile so you can install 2 Whatsapps etc.
Google assistant that unlike Siri doesn't suck and comes with an app to change morning routines etc.
Better notifications.
Can access settings from the quick settings bar.
Proper dual sim instead of having to muck about with esim or import from China.
Play store actually update apps not like the App store where you have to refresh it manually to see app updates.
Can sort photos unlike on iOS.
Share sheet that isn't broken.
Apple mail can't do background sync.
Icloud storage space is buggy and takes months to update on the backend if you deleted a lot of files.
Apple Music hires is useless and you only get it if you plug a 3.5mm adaptor and cable in your iPhone / iPad like it's 1999. Even Airplay 2 can't do hi res lossless music.
App store reviews are localised so you might think the app has just 1 star ratings meanwhile if you Google it, it has 4.5 out of 5 rating.
You can run other browser engines.
Browser can update from the Play store and don't require a full software update and reboot like on iOS.
Can't read SMS on the web like with Google Messages.
Safari addons costs money whereas the same is free on Chrome / Kiwi browser etc.
Apple music is not available on the Google home here.
15gb of free storage unlike the low 5gb Apple gives you.
60Hz refresh rate on iPhone 15 meanwhile the Moto G for $150 has 90Hz refresh rate.
Old phones not getting newer software features like battery charge count or Standby always on on the iPhone 13 Pro even though it does have LTPO.
Can't install apps from the web like on Android.
Apple not supporting Vulkan so gaming is nonexistant.
A/B partition so system updates are much faster unlike iOS.
You can have multiple profiles.
Can change more default apps.
Android can pause video when recording.
I could go on and on...

Need to close Safari to update an addon like it's 1999.
Better free apps. I can use Stremio or Kodi but on iOS I had to pay for Infuse or Vidhub.
Android syncs better with Windows. I can see my passwords with Chrome but if I download the iCloud passwords app I need to enable Windows Hello to see my passwords.
Google Maps is superior. I've send a request for Apple to fix a wrong location and I've been waiting for months with no feedback.
More services are available in more locations. Can't even get Apple news here.
Android settings are cleaner. iOS adds all the apps you've installed at the bottom of the settings page for some reason.
Less browser ******tification https://mozilla.github.io/platform-tilt/ than with Apple.

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It still pops up, the problem is if you select falls below 20%, it pops up on 20% before it's fallen below 20%.

I believe when I tested it before, I selected 25% to see if that would fix it, but I'm pretty sure it still popped up on 20% when it was on but I'd have to try it again
It is working as it should for me. Try deleting the shortcut, restart phone, and create again.

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
I'm going to do this at 21% so I don't keep seeing the stupid notification asking me if I want to go into Low Power mode.

toobravetosave

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
You can still toggle it from Control Centre. This is just a way of adding automation.

you used to be able to toggle it turning on at 20% from battery settings

apple continues to needlessly complicate their own platform year after year it no longer “just works”

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
I’m honestly surprised that Apple hasn’t implemented a hard “80%” battery charge setting that owners can select instead of some useless optimized mode that works only when it wants to.

BA2020

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2017
I’m honestly surprised that Apple hasn’t implemented a hard “80%” battery charge setting that owners can select instead of some useless optimized mode that works only when it wants to.
My 15plus has that ability but why isn't it available on everything (including my SE2 watch??? And iPad Pro). About half the time though, it still will charge over the hard 80% limit to "calibrate" the battery.

Reactions: delsoul

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Inferior? It can run Stremio or Kodi.
You can sideload apps.
USSD menu doesn't take up the whole screen.
You can run apps side by side.
Apps in my country are better because Android has 90% marketshare.
Actual T9 dialer.
You can disable dialpad tones.
Homescreen customisation.
Work profile so you can install 2 Whatsapps etc.
Google assistant that unlike Siri doesn't suck and comes with an app to change morning routines etc.
Better notifications.
Can access settings from the quick settings bar.
Proper dual sim instead of having to muck about with esim or import from China.
Play store actually update apps not like the App store where you have to refresh it manually to see app updates.
Can sort photos unlike on iOS.
Share sheet that isn't broken.
Apple mail can't do background sync.
Icloud storage space is buggy and takes months to update on the backend if you deleted a lot of files.
Apple Music hires is useless and you only get it if you plug a 3.5mm adaptor and cable in your iPhone / iPad like it's 1999. Even Airplay 2 can't do hi res lossless music.
App store reviews are localised so you might think the app has just 1 star ratings meanwhile if you Google it, it has 4.5 out of 5 rating.
You can run other browser engines.
Browser can update from the Play store and don't require a full software update and reboot like on iOS.
Can't read SMS on the web like with Google Messages.
Safari addons costs money whereas the same is free on Chrome / Kiwi browser etc.
Apple music is not available on the Google home here.
15gb of free storage unlike the low 5gb Apple gives you.
60Hz refresh rate on iPhone 15 meanwhile the Moto G for $150 has 90Hz refresh rate.
Old phones not getting newer software features like battery charge count or Standby always on on the iPhone 13 Pro even though it does have LTPO.
Can't install apps from the web like on Android.
Apple not supporting Vulkan so gaming is nonexistant.
A/B partition so system updates are much faster unlike iOS.
You can have multiple profiles.
Can change more default apps.
Android can pause video when recording.
I could go on and on...

Need to close Safari to update an addon like it's 1999.
Better free apps. I can use Stremio or Kodi but on iOS I had to pay for Infuse or Vidhub.
Android syncs better with Windows. I can see my passwords with Chrome but if I download the iCloud passwords app I need to enable Windows Hello to see my passwords.
Google Maps is superior. I've send a request for Apple to fix a wrong location and I've been waiting for months with no feedback.
More services are available in more locations. Can't even get Apple news here.
Android settings are cleaner. iOS adds all the apps you've installed at the bottom of the settings page for some reason.
Less browser ******tification https://mozilla.github.io/platform-tilt/ than with Apple.

I’m not reading all of that. Yes for me the operating system is inferior to me and millions of others. I have used android for 13 years. I would never use an android again.

I’d rather go phoneless than ever use another android.

• Disagree
Reactions: backstreetboy

mprime_17

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2018
Are there any good articles or YouTube clips where they study the impact of low battery mode on how much it saves? I’ve never found a solid answer.
Phonebuff has a video comparing two iPhones 12 on a battery drain test.

TLDW: it could save up to 10% back then.

In my experience, it saves a ton of battery when using BT headphones.

Samuel Sosa

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2020
This is old news. I've been doing this for a while. I even got fancy and set up a smart switch to turn off once the charge reaches 100% Then back on once the phone reached less than 10.

backstreetboy

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2023
I’m not reading all of that. Yes for me the operating system is inferior to me and millions of others. I have used android for 13 years. I would never use an android again.

I’d rather go phoneless than ever use another android.
Just ask Siri to summarise it for you... /oh wait.

Last edited:

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
the performance even in low power mode is so good I usually wake up, unplug my phone from the charger and turn on low power mode lol.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
the performance even in low power mode is so good I usually wake up, unplug my phone from the charger and turn on low power mode lol.

My main annoyance is display turning off after like 30 seconds so I tend to disable it when I’m actually using the device.

It seems quite useful for reducing standby battery drain though. I guess less ET phone home going on.

• Haha
Reactions: geta
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.