Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speed38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
WDC Metro area
KnockKnock provides more detailed information when you press on the info sign ⓘ ;)
Well, well. Something else I learned today.

Allow me to share this great site as a source of neat diagnostic software, all of which the creator offers for free: theeclecticlightcompany.com

Go here https://eclecticlightdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/appselectionchart0621.pdf for a clickable link to all his software.

I use his
KeychainCheck 2
Mints
T2M2
LockRattler
silnite

I just noticed that some of his apps have not been updated f/u/w Ventura

Have a healthy and happy new year all!

stradify

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
USA
Well, well. Something else I learned today.

Allow me to share this great site as a source of neat diagnostic software, all of which the creator offers for free: theeclecticlightcompany.com

Go here https://eclecticlightdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/appselectionchart0621.pdf for a clickable link to all his software.

I use his
KeychainCheck 2
Mints
T2M2
LockRattler
silnite

I just noticed that some of his apps have not been updated f/u/w Ventura

Have a healthy and happy new year all!
Everyone should consider installing SilentNight 2 or silnite, the Terminal version, on their macs running Ventura. If they're running an earlier OS there are other versions available on Howard's website: https://eclecticlight.co/ .

jamisonj

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2023
Found this thread googling this morning when a Corsair notification showed up for me. After a little digging, it appears that it was a new version of the Stream Deck app that I updated yesterday.

kk_streamdeck.jpg

Speed38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
WDC Metro area
Hmm. It is amazing how often Corsair Memory, inc pops up on our Macs, isn't it?

I thought I had it solved, but I do not. It is now, however, popping up once every few days instead of multiple times per day and so I have made some progress.

The hunt continues!

jamisonj

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2023
Hmm. It is amazing how often Corsair Memory, inc pops up on our Macs, isn't it?

I thought I had it solved, but I do not. It is now, however, popping up once every few days instead of multiple times per day and so I have made some progress.

The hunt continues!
Best of luck tracking it down!

kamui

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
I've been getting this same thing too. Do you have any software or hardware from Elgato (owned by Corsair)? I have WaveLink for my Wave microphone from them. I haven't been able to nail it down either yet.

Speed38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
WDC Metro area
Just checked and could find nothing associated with Legato. Thanks. Hope someone else who finds this thread and the solution posts it for the benefit of the rest of us.

Dethpickles

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2023
I get that message from either the elgato stream deck or key lights software. Pretty recent and totally annoying.

unQuestionable

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2018
Fargo/Moorhead Area
When I do a restart of my 2020 iMac, SSD, macOS 13.1 I get an alert that slides out revealing this:
View attachment 2135284

I went hunting online and found that Corsair Memory are the developers of the free Memtest application which I probably ran at some time in the past to check my RAM.

I no longer have the Application and when I do a thorough search of my iMac for the word “corsair” using Find Any File, it finds absolutely nothing.

I went into System Settings and turned off Corsair but I would love to be able to find it on my Hard Drive and eliminate it once and for all.

I did another search, using Find Any File/Startup Disk for [Name] [Contains] “corsair" and then repeated it again for “memtest”, and FaF found nothing.

Where could this “background Items Added” possibly be???

For the record in Login Items in Ventura I have:
• Calendar.app
• CloudClip Manager.app
• Cookie.app
• Itsycal.app

Corsair Memory, Inc., does show in Login Items > Allow in the Background but it is turned to Off.
Do you happen to have an Elgato Stream Deck?

They are owned by Corsair, so I believe that's what it is.

Len Banks

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
I see it on my computer as well and when you mentioned memtest, it triggered a thought that perhaps the CleanMyMac program has something installed and licensed within its program. Do you also use that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.