Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
iPhone 7 on iOS 10.1

This was last night, phone just went down to 49% when I took the first screenshot and I straight after locked the phone.

This morning as soon as I unlocked the phone I took the second shot, look at how much usage and battery overnight without the phone being touched.

This is getting to annoy me now as this is my 4th iP7, 1st one the screen went mad with lines on it, 2nd had a really uneven screen, dark on left side, 3rd had touch problems and now this. I don't really want to do a DFU restore as I have nearly 200gb of music on it.

View attachment 668034 View attachment 668035

That's this usage looks very similar to my usage. But I use an app that monitors my sleeping. When I don't use that app I wake up with about a 3% drain. What's using your phone while your sleep.

dianp

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
São Paulo, Brazil
I was watching the Apple forums right now and many people (not all) still having battery issues with 10.1 sadly.

Yes, here the problem is still happening on my iPhone 6S (5 months old).

The apple is really ignoring this problem (on older iPhones). They don't say if they will or won't release a update to fix it.
On twitter (search for 'iOS 10 battery"), they only show 'tips' to battery saving. This is ridiculous!

And of course that the 10.1 iOS does not solve the problem, because the build of iOS 10.1 does not explain anything about battery improvements....

Reactions: smorrissey

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
That's this usage looks very similar to my usage. But I use an app that monitors my sleeping. When I don't use that app I wake up with about a 3% drain. What's using your phone while your sleep.

I have nothing only one outlook account running push in the background. I tried deleting it but it wasn't any different.

Btw all the new phones were sealed new phones so on a plus point I now have 4 sets of lighting EarPods and chargers plus all the chargers and 3.5mm headphones from the disaster that was the 6s last year.

The screen on this one is perfect for me(not too blue) so if I can't sort it out I'm going to do a DFU restore and set up as new and see what happens.

Reactions: dianp and IsaiahL

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
I have nothing only one outlook account running push in the background. I tried deleting it but it wasn't any different.

Btw all the new phones were sealed new phones so on a plus point I now have 4 sets of lighting EarPods and chargers plus all the chargers and 3.5mm headphones from the disaster that was the 6s last year.

The screen on this one is perfect for me(not too blue) so if I can't sort it out I'm going to do a DFU restore and set up as new and see what happens.

Lucky to have all those spar charges. I would have one for work one for the car and two for the house. The headphones I don't use I'd I just put it on eBay. The dongles I'd keep, imo you could never have too many of those.

Reactions: dianp

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Lucky to have all those spar charges. I would have one for work one for the car and two for the house. The headphones I don't use I'd I just put it on eBay. The dongles I'd keep, imo you could never have too many of those.

You can sell spare chargers? I have 2 from when I got my iP6's, 6 from my iP6s debacle and now 4 from the iP7

I use either my iPad charger or my Anker power bank connected to my lighting dock on my table in my living room. In the car I just plug it into the Apple CarPlay if I need it.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
You can sell spare chargers? I have 2 from when I got my iP6's, 6 from my iP6s debacle and now 4 from the iP7

I use either my iPad charger or my Anker power bank connected to my lighting dock on my table in my living room. In the car I just plug it into the Apple CarPlay if I need it.

Yeah lol put it on eBay. Sell it for like 10-15$ or maybe even 20$ since it's actually authentic and not one of those fake Chinese ones that short the phone out.

Reactions: Will22

rdy0329

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2012
I'm really disappointed with the battery life on the 7 plus. When I got my 6 plus 2 years ago, it'd be at 30% by 7PM (my day starts at 7AM). Now, the 7+ gets me to 10-15% at 7PM. I hope Apple optimizes the efficient cores further.

robert05au

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
Dubbo, NSW
I have an iPhone 6S Plus and a iPad Air 2 both have rather serious battery drain issues since iOS 10 and now 10.1 is even worse for me I seem to only get a few hours on a full charge for both. I have both bluetooth and wifi turned off when not in use and only selectively use location services. Hoping this gets sorted soon it is driving me nuts havubg to charge so frequently. Both have had the battery checked at an apple store and both came as being normal.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
I'm really disappointed with the battery life on the 7 plus. When I got my 6 plus 2 years ago, it'd be at 30% by 7PM (my day starts at 7AM). Now, the 7+ gets me to 10-15% at 7PM. I hope Apple optimizes the efficient cores further.
same for me the 6 plus had the best battery for me when it first came out

ISRMafia

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2016
Israel
I know it has only been 24 hours but I am finding ios 10 on my 6s to have noticeably worse battery life. Anyone else noticing this?
Raise to wake is battery draining in iOS 10-iOS 10.0.3 but iOS 10.1 optimized it and its draining less now so update to iOS 10.1 :)

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
My 5S is very good. Currently on 6 hours usage, and 34 hours standby - 30% battery left.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I bit the bullet and did a DFU restore and ran the phone for 24 hours and this is the result. If you want to see what my usage was like before look at post 1083

iPhone 7 on iOS 10.1, now to download over 200gb of music again.

IMG_0139.PNG
IMG_0140.PNG
IMG_0141.PNG

salzrat

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
Battery % drop in iOS is far from linear.

Actually, battery % drop in iOS is almost perfectly linear once you hit 99% if the battery is loaded with a constant load (on a reasonable healthy battery). I created some battery graphs using the data from geekbench, which has a perfectly even load, and they are really straight. Just the drop from 100% to 99% takes longer (up to 10min of usage, or 1 hour of standby).
[doublepost=1477665896][/doublepost]Btw, recently my (new) 6s has become better with 10.1. After a couple of days of desaster (<3 hours usage), I now get 4 or up to 4:30 hours of usage. Still not stellar, but far better from my previous 6s on 10.0.2. I guess the effect might be mostly the new battery, though. I still have some screenshots from the early days of my older 6s when it got above 5 hours usage...

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Actually, battery % drop in iOS is almost perfectly linear once you hit 99% if the battery is loaded with a constant load (on a reasonable healthy battery). I created some battery graphs using the data from geekbench, which has a perfectly even load, and they are really straight. Just the drop from 100% to 99% takes longer (up to 10min of usage, or 1 hour of standby).

I was quoting someone showing a screenshot with 97% left and something like 30 min of usage, my point was actually that the first % are not linear, I should have been more specific.

Usually my first % is more than 10 minutes, sometimes up to 20 or 25 min if it's light usage.

Reactions: Nisaja and dianp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.