Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Going to have this placed on my screen tomorrow. I decided I would go without since the screen was beautiful without a protector, but my replacement phone came without the smudge-resistant coating and only had water-restiance applied except for the part around the notch. However; the screen was beautiful and even. So I don't want to play that lottery again.
If you are in question as to whether or not your screen has the Oleophobic coating applied, you should make an appointment at the Apple Store (if possible). If it doesn't have it, that is a defect and worthy of a replacement. Not a good idea to keep a potentially defective phone and put a protector on it.

Last edited:

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Well mine chipped at the bottom in like 5 spots out of nowhere today. Called Belkin and they said they are not sending them out to Apple anymore and are revising it one more time due out in late March. Called Apple and the lady confirmed it.

Guess ill keep it on until the chips get bigger.

Do NOT recommend this product as it didnt last 3 weeks.

Reactions: SRLMJ23

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Well mine chipped at the bottom in like 5 spots out of nowhere today. Called Belkin and they said they are not sending them out to Apple anymore and are revising it one more time due out in late March. Called Apple and the lady confirmed it.

Wow. Not good news at all. I wonder if Belkin even did quality testing with the latest release.

I was considering getting a new phone and was going to have Apple apply the new model. Sounds like that may be off the table. Did Belkin offer a refund?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Wow. Not good news at all. I wonder if Belkin even did quality testing with the latest release.

I was considering getting a new phone and was going to have Apple apply the new model. Sounds like that may be off the table. Did Belkin offer a refund?
No Apple did though. Apple is an hour drive for me though so idk if I’m going to drive to get back 40$. Belkin is shipping me one late March that is fixed. I’ll have to apply it myself.

Idk how it chipped either. Nothing in my right pocket but phone. I swiped up and saw tiny glass on my thumb.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
No Apple did though. Apple is an hour drive for me though so idk if I’m going to drive to get back 40$. Belkin is shipping me one late March that is fixed. I’ll have to apply it myself.

Idk how it chipped either. Nothing in my right pocket but phone. I swiped up and saw tiny glass on my thumb.
Maybe it was due to pressure you may not have been aware of at the time?

I wouldn't drive back to Apple. I would have them credit my card over the phone. My time is and gas is worth a lot more than $40.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York

Glad you mentioned this because the closest Apple Store to me is an hour away, and I bought and had Apple install the Belkin Antiglare since that was all that was available at the time (Belkin/Apple machine install wise) and was going to drive out to Apple one of these days to have it replaced. Apple was going to credit me $20.00 towards the glass, since I hate the antiglare so much.

Thanks for saving me a trip to get nothing!

Edit: Oddly enough, Apple is still selling these on their website. Says I can pick one up today, but I will obviously still wait.

:apple:

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Mine that I bought last month is still going strong. Crazy how they are re-designing it a 2nd time. Wonder if they will just keep making it thicker, since this is what they did the first time.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Mine that I bought last month is still going strong. Crazy how they are re-designing it a 2nd time. Wonder if they will just keep making it thicker, since this is what they did the first time.

I spoke too soon haha. Randomly crack by setting it down next to me on the carpet. I actually heard it crack.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I spoke too soon haha. Randomly crack by setting it down next to me on the carpet. I actually heard it crack.

This is ridiculous! How could Belkin mess up the “2nd Generation” this bad, and now we have to wait for the “3rd Generation!”

I have Belkins Anti-Glare on my iPhone X, and I really do not like it but it is better than nothing.

I have been waiting for Belkin to release a “stable” version of its Invisiglass, which seems like we may get to the launch of the iPhone X Plus before Belkin releases a new “stable” version of the Invisiglass!

Pretty sad Belkin, pretty sad.

:apple:

Sonnto

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
So mine has been cracking up for a while without a single drop and I did shoot an email to their support but they ignored me. I supplied them with my purchase number, receipt and everything. How did you guys get in touch and get a response? I live in Toronto Canada if that makes a difference...

Edit: I emailed them here warranty.verification@belkin.com

EnJaNir

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Mine finally joined the club (installed on launch day). Went to Apple store today and was told that I needed to contact Belkin.

Did an online chat with Belkin and have an updated replacement coming in a week or two. Obviously the original Apple store specific part number no longer exists so a new part number it is.

EnJaNir

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Replacement came today... was able to install perfectly with the included installation tray. Honestly I felt like the customer service from Belkin was pretty good.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I couldn’t see spending $39.95 for a screen protector, so I had the Belkin Anti-Glare screen protector installed at the Apple Store few months ago. I was happy with it, but as others stated it makes the screen darker.

I had the updated InvisiGlass Ultra screen protector installed at the Apple Store this morning. They refunded the $19.95 for the anti-glare screen protector no questions asked. Perfect install as usual. The clarity and feel of this thing is amazing...

All I gotta say is once you go glass, you never go back!

Well, after 10 months, mine cracked. There’s a small spider crack on the edge towards the upper left corner and a hairline going across the top. No drops that I’m aware of. The only thing I can think of is maybe I banged the phone against something while it was my pocket. Will The Apple Store replace it under warranty or do I have to go through Belkin?

Attachments

• E3F5468D-7E9F-46A8-9649-1863F8E756FF.jpeg
    E3F5468D-7E9F-46A8-9649-1863F8E756FF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 309

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Had this installed on my new xs last week and one side is lifting in two spots .Will they replace for free? Or are they gonna tell me it's minor and normal?

TeamFortress

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2018
Got the Belkin installed at the Apple store for two XRs and they're perfect. I found one very small piece of lint on mine (noticeable for me against white background). Went back to the Apple store and they swamped it for free. Super nice, quick and free. Pricey but worth it imo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.