Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nelly22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I hope all Bitcoin users chat about crypto currency here.

First question: Any good Mac software wallets which supports many altcoins not just bitcoin?

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
I just started looking into this myself.

I use multibit for my BTC.

Got into ETH when it was $13. I have 50.84 ETH on my phone! I use Jaxx for mobile and may use it for Mac OS. I need to get the ETH off of my phone as it has become too valuable. Going to download Jaxx for Mac OS tonight and give it a whirl.

I also am investigating some hardware solutions.

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
image1.JPG The new bull in town

Last edited by a moderator:

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Hindsight is 50/50. It's really easy to say you'd have become wealthy if you bought it back when it was a buck a coin in 09 or whenever. I think we'll see stability in BTC as time goes on. No more crashed of massive proportion, but also no huge gains. Traditional banks are looking into vesting into BTC, which is good, but BTC advocates don't like that. Thumbs up to that young lad. I hope he's put away some money in case things go south.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Hindsight is 50/50. It's really easy to say you'd have become wealthy if you bought it back when it was a buck a coin in 09 or whenever. I think we'll see stability in BTC as time goes on. No more crashed of massive proportion, but also no huge gains. Traditional banks are looking into vesting into BTC, which is good, but BTC advocates don't like that. Thumbs up to that young lad. I hope he's put away some money in case things go south.
In 2008 the after the stock market and housing markets crashed the rebound started. Houses have gone up 2-3 times since then. Stock market was around 8000 after the crash and this month it hit over 22,000. We are most likely due for a correction now as we have climbed for 8-9 years now. While stocks rose and housing prices rose people for the last 8-9 years thought it would drop and everyone who shorted over the last 8-9 years lost money.
Cryptocurrency is about 1 year in. I reckon we have more to go before it corrects or something major happens.
Japan recognized it and now Russia is about to recognize it. You have Chase,Fidelity and Morgan Stanley also backing them as well. Could they drop...? Yes, but for now the trend has been up and not down. All corrections have been followed by huge gains after which means the drops were profit taking.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
In 2008 the after the stock market and housing markets crashed the rebound started. Houses have gone up 2-3 times since then. Stock market was around 8000 after the crash and this month it hit over 22,000. We are most likely due for a correction now as we have climbed for 8-9 years now. While stocks rose and housing prices rose people for the last 8-9 years thought it would drop and everyone who shorted over the last 8-9 years lost money.
Cryptocurrency is about 1 year in. I reckon we have more to go before it corrects or something major happens.
Japan recognized it and now Russia is about to recognize it. You have Chase,Fidelity and Morgan Stanley also backing them as well. Could they drop...? Yes, but for now the trend has been up and not down. All corrections have been followed by huge gains after which means the drops were profit taking.
Yes, thank you for reiterating my past posts on the issue. Crypto is what one year in? There have been several crashes. The housing bubble barely affected the immediate market here. My real estate holdings except a few in NorCal saw growth in value. The housing and land market in some areas in the country will quickly rebound from any crash due to the area's natural qualities.

Though in middle America, banks and other lenders are already back to their old practices. I'd like to say everyone is entitled to the American dream, but the reality is it's not easy for many to achieve unless you're ready to give up a lot initially if you're not economically stable.

Last edited:

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Yes, thank you for reiterating my past posts on the issue. Crypto is what one year in? There have been several crashes. The housing bubble barely affected the immediate market here. My real estate holdings except a few in NorCal saw growth in value. The housing and land market in some areas in the country will quickly rebound from any crash due to the area's natural qualities.

Though in middle America, banks and other lenders are already back to their old practices. I'd like to say everyone is entitled to the American dream, but the reality is it's not easy for many to achieve unless you're ready to give up a lot initially if you're not economically stable.

The housing market supply is what what supply and demand is for the local market. The supply and demand for the Cryptocurrency is worldwide (not just the local market so the difference is quite large).

I was looking into supply and demand by looking at circulating supply. The circulating supply is actually not so much and when you then add the Government of Japan accepting it as a legal currency with Russia possibly on hoping on board we see a lot of changes coming up towards Cryptocurrency.

Reactions: 0388631

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
The housing market supply is what what supply and demand is for the local market. The supply and demand for the Cryptocurrency is worldwide (not just the local market so the difference is quite large).

I was looking into supply and demand by looking at circulating supply. The circulating supply is actually not so much and when you then add the Government of Japan accepting it as a legal currency with Russia possibly on hoping on board we see a lot of changes coming up towards Cryptocurrency.
This is true, if the market is being broken down per county basis. California real estate including land did suffer, but bounced back. I can't say the same for land out of state. I bought land out of state after the bubble for cheap, and it has yet to return to pre-bubble pop values. A poor investment on my part.

One of the greatest investment mistakes I've made was brush away the marina area of SoCal, where tech companies have now made a home in the last 10 years. The prices have tripled if not quadrupled. A safer purchase than the shares I bought in Netflix and Amazon during their sub $20~10/share days. As I said, hindsight is 50/50. If BTC ever drops to pre-explosion prices, I'll be buying it. Funny enough, my oldest nephew recommend I invest some money into it. I brushed it off, but he, according to his word, did buy many coins when it was dirt cheap. I believe he traded them in when they were a few hundred dollars, and kept a few. Good for him, I guess.

I started off investing in college. I'd go to flea markets and whatnot and dig through what was available. I knew a great deal about antique furniture and art at the time thanks to our neighbor then who worked in the field. I was able to find some very cool stuff including classic Native American art, which I sold a few years later for much more. I believe this is harder these days due to the internet, however, I've scored a few first editions where the owner/seller was absolutely unaware of the rarity.

I tend to invest in smart tech stocks and medicine. I would say if you have the funds, land and property have a better ROI over time.

Reactions: stylinexpat

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
This is true, if the market is being broken down per county basis. California real estate including land did suffer, but bounced back. I can't say the same for land out of state. I bought land out of state after the bubble for cheap, and it has yet to return to pre-bubble pop values. A poor investment on my part.

One of the greatest investment mistakes I've made was brush away the marina area of SoCal, where tech companies have now made a home in the last 10 years. The prices have tripled if not quadrupled. A safer purchase than the shares I bought in Netflix and Amazon during their sub $20~10/share days. As I said, hindsight is 50/50. If BTC ever drops to pre-explosion prices, I'll be buying it. Funny enough, my oldest nephew recommend I invest some money into it. I brushed it off, but he, according to his word, did buy many coins when it was dirt cheap. I believe he traded them in when they were a few hundred dollars, and kept a few. Good for him, I guess.

A while ago a friend of mine told me to put in $50K and forget about them. He said pretend you lost them and sit on them. Down the road they will be worth millions and you will thank me. He has been right so far. That is about all I can post here
[doublepost=1503207135][/doublepost]Always new news coming out about these Cryptocurrencies

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash...partnership-reaches-fifth-place-in-market-cap

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/

On weekends they make their biggest moves up.
[doublepost=1503207528][/doublepost] IMG_8471.jpg IMG_8470.jpg These two are good buys also

Reactions: 0388631

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
A while ago a friend of mine told me to put in $50K and forget about them. He said pretend you lost them and sit on them. Down the road they will be worth millions and you will thank me. He has been right so far. That is about all I can post here
[doublepost=1503207135][/doublepost]Always new news coming out about these Cryptocurrencies

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash...partnership-reaches-fifth-place-in-market-cap

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/

On weekends they make their biggest moves up.
We have the same friend. :p A friend, but more like a "cousin" of mine, recommended I invest about $40K in gold ages ago. I had nothing to lose at the time as I was financially sound, and gold is gold. It was and still is the best investment I've made in precious metals aside from buying coins, new and centuries old. These days I'm extremely careful about buying old coins, money or paintings in case it violates antiquities laws or the painting was stolen.

Some people buy silver bars, too. I don't follow silver bullion values, so I can't say whether it's worth it or not. BTC or any crypto is great if you can invest when it's dirt cheap. You have no where to go but up. I think you'd have to be daft to invest now or when it was $200~ a pop.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I'm a poor school teacher so I don't have thousands to invest. But I did have $40. I bought Bitcoin. I currently have $100 in my Bitcoin wallet (I use Coinbase), and I've put $100 in the bank twice.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
TenX looks like it found support around $3.50
I like this one around $3.50

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 377

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I'm a poor school teacher so I don't have thousands to invest. But I did have $40. I bought Bitcoin. I currently have $100 in my Bitcoin wallet (I use Coinbase), and I've put $100 in the bank twice.

Keep the money. It may explode in the future and you can retire. Teachers don't get paid enough. Oh, but the schools surely need a $5M football field. :rolleyes:

Impressive. I think we're going to see major banks take more and more control of the currency, pushing out private companies like Bitmain. They simply have more assets to cash in and go big. Ideally, BTC was developed to get away from banks, but a system with little regulation reminds me a little about Kye loans and the Hawala brokers. Both used more or less for crime.

I've found Grant's Observer to be worth the hefty sub fee.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Keep the money. It may explode in the future and you can retire. Teachers don't get paid enough. Oh, but the schools surely need a $5M football field. :rolleyes:

Impressive. I think we're going to see major banks take more and more control of the currency, pushing out private companies like Bitmain. They simply have more assets to cash in and go big. Ideally, BTC was developed to get away from banks, but a system with little regulation reminds me a little about Kye loans and the Hawala brokers. Both used more or less for crime.

I've found Grant's Observer to be worth the hefty sub fee.

Speaking of $5 Million Dollar Football field. I went to my daughter's High School Orientation the other day and one of the first things I noticed was that the classes or educational part of the high school consisted of about maybe 15% of the school campus size. The rest was for sports and parking lol..

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Speaking of $5 Million Dollar Football field. I went to my daughter's High School Orientation the other day and one of the first things I noticed was that the classes or educational part of the high school consisted of about maybe 15% of the school campus size. The rest was for sports and parking lol..
That seems to be in line with what I'm seeing now with our 'local' schools. Very different in my day. Very much like universities and the sciences departments getting the newest and greatest, while departments like history get shafted.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
That seems to be in line with what I'm seeing now with our 'local' schools. Very different in my day. Very much like universities and the sciences departments getting the newest and greatest, while departments like history get shafted.
High Schools are beginning to look more like a Sports Arena these days. Classrooms are locker rooms.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
I'm surprised BTC has stayed as high as it is right now, thought it'd crash back down to ~£2k but nope still over £3k! We all wish we could have bought some back in 2010, but I can't even keep BTC in my wallet for more than a week before spending it. I had a fair bit in 2013 when they were about $200 each... all spent on Agora.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image1.JPG
When Zcash,Qtum,Ripple,Ethereum,TenX,Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash drop or pull back BUY!!

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
image3.JPG New record high for Bitcoin

FullSizeRender.jpg

QTUM doing well too

FullSizeRender.jpg

TenX also doing well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.