Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
IMG_8964.jpg IMG_8965.jpg IMG_8966.jpg IMG_8967.jpg

Major bloodbath this week. Should create a good buying opportunity soon

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Yes, it was very close to $20k even and thennnnn Coinbase crashed LOL
A friend of min bought 3 Bitcoin at $600 for a total of $1800. When Bitcoin hit $19000 he had $57000 had he sold. He bought them two years ago. Basically a $1800 investment has made him about $1800 a month over the last two years. Good return on investment.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Why? Bitcoin could easily be totally worthless.
No, not worthless but not sure if exact value. If it was worthless it would not have been approved to be traded and listed on Futures markets. That needs US security approval.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
It could have been worthless. It wasn’t approved to be traded from day 1.
If that was true Japan would not have approved it. Have you ever been to Japan before..? Their regulations are very very strict. If it also was not going to be accepted by the US the government here in America would also have cracked down very hard at it from the beginning.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
If that was true Japan would not have approved it. Have you ever been to Japan before..? Their regulations are very very strict. If it also was not going to be accepted by the US the government here in America would also have cracked down very hard at it from the beginning.

So much reading comprehension failure on your part.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
That’s cool but has nothing to do with anything I’ve said

When I said this "No, not worthless but not sure of exact value. If it was worthless it would not have been approved to be traded and listed on Futures markets. That needs US security approval." If should have been "of". I had said that I was not sure of exact value but as I said before Bitcoin has gained quite a bit since it was launched. Surely it has gone up and down with big swings both ways but if you look back to the beginning you will see that the graph trend has been up and not down.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
When I said this "No, not worthless but not sure of exact value. If it was worthless it would not have been approved to be traded and listed on Futures markets. That needs US security approval." If should have been "of". I had said that I was not sure of exact value but as I said before Bitcoin has gained quite a bit since it was launched. Surely it has gone up and down with big swings both ways but if you look back to the beginning you will see that the graph trend has been up and not down.

US approves security was irrelevant to anything I said. At the beginning it could have easily gone nowhere.

senseless

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
This reminds me of the dot-com bubble. My UPS driver was giving out stock tips daily. Message boards were full of hype-sters talking about the Porsches they were buying, saying people didn't understand the internet and why valuations didn't apply in the new age. "It's all about the eyeballs, page views, the endless stream of ad revenues". CNBC had daily spectacular (soon to be worthless) IPO stories. Peter Lynch of Fidelity had the golden touch and could see the future. Mere mortals just had to get in line. Thanksgiving dinners were dominated by newly rich relatives giving out IPO advice.

Internet mutual funds popped up. "Buy the Qs!" (the nasdaq 100). People late to the game became afraid they were missing the boat and tossed common sense overboard. Nearly all paper AOL millionaires held on until the bitter end. "It'll bounce back; this is just a correction!". Those lucky to choose only AAPL or AMZN over thousands of other companies did well. Company IPO founders and their agents made hundreds of millions. Not so for millions of ordinary investors. I was not immune and will never forget that experience.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
This reminds me of the dot-com bubble. My UPS driver was giving out stock tips daily. Message boards were full of hype-sters talking about the Porsches they were buying, saying people didn't understand the internet and why valuations didn't apply in the new age. "It's all about the eyeballs, page views, the endless stream of ad revenues". CNBC had daily spectacular (soon to be worthless) IPO stories. Peter Lynch of Fidelity had the golden touch and could see the future. Mere mortals just had to get in line. Thanksgiving dinners were dominated by newly rich relatives giving out IPO advice.

Internet mutual funds popped up. "Buy the Qs!" (the nasdaq 100). People late to the game became afraid they were missing the boat and tossed common sense overboard. Nearly all paper AOL millionaires held on until the bitter end. "It'll bounce back; this is just a correction!". Those lucky to choose only AAPL or AMZN over thousands of other companies did well. Company IPO founders and their agents made hundreds of millions. Not so for millions of ordinary investors. I was not immune and will never forget that experience.
Perhaps $60000 first and then $1000 after. Let's see.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/us/politics/jared-kushner-beny-steinmetz.html

Back over $17000 again after recovering from a drop to just over $12000 this week
7CC2245F-513A-4659-8717-6C7466556641.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.