Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waluigi

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2003
Connecticut
From their site (translated):

Genuine input device sale of Bluetooth correspondence
As for Apple it seems that announces the input device of Bluetooth correspondence on the 25th.
According to information, this time in announcement only of the Bluetooth corresponding mouse, adjusting to the shipment time of PowerMac G5 concerning the keyboard which at the beginning is planned, when it is announced, it is thing. Furthermore, when it selects these devices in iMac, and eMac when it purchases, with Apple Store it becomes BTO product treatment, it is thing.

....hahahaha, engirsh! Anyway, does this imply that it will ship on the G5's orders? I'm a little confused......

--Waluigi

stefman

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Has Apple ever launched/announced products on a Friday? Just wondering.

I wouldn't mind looking into a Bluetooth mouse. My Apple Pro mouse recently started acting funny.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
It's just two short days away so I guess we'll see soon enough if this rumor has any basis in fact. Although I'm not that thrilled at the prospect of a Bluetooth mouse as the Logictech wireless mice eat batteries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
My dream specs:

Firewire rechargeable via a firewire cable (no dock)... works as a wired mouse while charging.

3+ buttons, with a scroll wheel "click" being the 3rd button.

:)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by job
Although I'm not that thrilled at the prospect of a Bluetooth mouse as the Logictech wireless mice eat batteries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

My Logitech uses ordinary AA batteries, the wireless mice that have internal, non-replaceable ones last longer, I suspect an Apple wireless mouse would use that type of battery vs AA or AAA or whatever...

I'm intrested in the idea because I'm looking to purchace a Powermac and/or a Powerbook in the near future and it would be nice (if I were to buy both) if I could just take the mouse and use it with my Powerbook when I'm away from my other computer, without doing or having to carry around anything else...

Although if this doesn't have three buttons and a scroll wheel, my money is going elsewhere...

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
I have no insider knowledge, but I bet Apple mice will continue to have only one button and no one will be terribly imressed by the new offering.

I really like the eight buttons plus scroll wheel of my cordless Logitech. Even if Apple were to go multiple-button, I doubt they will have more than two or three buttons, and I probably won't be inclined to get one unless perhaps they incorporate that iPod-like scroll dial they applied for a patent for a few months ago.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i would love a bluetooth mouse. that would be awesome. but friday? tuesday i the magic day! or maybe they want to get people to buy it on the weekend at thier local apple store:)
looks like a trip to the palisades for a new mouse/bluetooth adapter:D
mom! i need money!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
The PowerBooks are what really NEED this. Carry a mouse, but no cords!

I hope if it exists that it's easily rechargeable. Battery waste IS a problem.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Well 2 days to wait.... Technically 1 day I guess since it is 3 AM.

Same day as tomb raider comes out but that is something totally different (but also cool none-the-less)

I hope it comes with a recharge stand type thing like that one kensington does.

And I hope it isn't hella expensive ;).

scem0

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by Waluigi
Anyway, does this imply that it will ship on the G5's orders? I'm a little confused......

--Waluigi

Absolutely not. Remember, the average G5 doesnt even have a bluetooth module.

iMatt

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by stefman
Has Apple ever launched/announced products on a Friday? Just wondering.

I wouldn't mind looking into a Bluetooth mouse. My Apple Pro mouse recently started acting funny.

hmmm... Isn't Kodawarisan a Japanese site? So, their Friday is our Thursday?

Just wondering....

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
My dream specs:

<snip>

3+ buttons, with a scroll wheel "click" being the 3rd button.

:)

Keep dreaming... it's never going to have 3 buttons.

As far as I'm concerned, i'd never buy a 1 button mouse, bluetooth or not - so this is a waste of time.

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
i'm afraid of how much this thing is gonna cost. i imagine apple will drop the price of the regular optical mouse, but they are gonna have to keep the new bluetooth one around $70 or so, especially if it lacks certain features of other M$ or Logitech mice (many buttons, scroll wheel). I would think that they would include a BT module with the mouse, but a lot of people already have bluetooth. i think it would be nice if there was an option to get it w/o the module with like a $20 price drop or something.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
My dream specs:

Firewire rechargeable via a firewire cable (no dock)... works as a wired mouse while charging.

This is stupid. Apple keyboards and LCD displays have USB ports on them. Using USB as the recharging method makes a lot more sense. Especially since a mouse is a low bandwidth item.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Bear
This is stupid. Apple keyboards and LCD displays have USB ports on them. Using USB as the recharging method makes a lot more sense. Especially since a mouse is a low bandwidth item.

not if this is the long-rumored Mouse/videoPod/Cellphone thingy. This baby will require nothing less than Firewire800...

ipiloot

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2001
Friday = no way

For PR reasons Apple will not announce anything in the end of the week. They usually announce things either in Monday or Tuesday.
Which is smart. Apple will announce things in Friday only if they don't have other options and I don't think this is an issue right now.

MetallicPenguin

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2003
NC, USA
I couldn't understand from the article, but how do we know this isn't the next 25th? That would be a Monday and the person above me says that that would be a good time for the Press Release stuff, so.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Originally posted by nagromme
The PowerBooks are what really NEED this. Carry a mouse, but no cords!

I hope if it exists that it's easily rechargeable. Battery waste IS a problem.

Definately. My wireless mouse is great, but the dongle for it is essentially the size of a wired mouse.

However, unless it is two-button + wheel, I won't be buying it.

AppleMatt

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by Bear

GL charging via USB man.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I think Apple could make a multi-button mouse while maintaining their mantra of 1 button = simpler for the every day user. As long as they call the new mouse Super Duper Pro Mouse, Steve can be like, "most people will never need more than 1 button, but we feel that there is a small market that requires more than 1, so here it is." Regardless of the validity of that statement, I think it could happen. Defining it as "Pro' would allow Apple to not admit they were wrong about the 2 button mouse. we all know Steve doesn't like to be wrong.

cc bcc

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2001
nl
I just checked my online order status of my new G5 :D :cool: :D
Anyway, it contains this in the list:

Keybd Wired+Wired MS -N N065-4161

Is that new? Why specify the keyboard and mouse as "wired" when "wired" is the only option?

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by Freg3000
I think Apple could make a multi-button mouse while maintaining their mantra of 1 button = simpler for the every day user. As long as they call the new mouse Super Duper Pro Mouse, Steve can be like, "most people will never need more than 1 button, but we feel that there is a small market that requires more than 1, so here it is." Regardless of the validity of that statement, I think it could happen. Defining it as "Pro' would allow Apple to not admit they were wrong about the 2 button mouse. we all know Steve doesn't like to be wrong.

Is that small market 95% of all computer users? :)

I just hope I don't ever hear Steve say, "And I'm proud to introduce the world's first and only wireless 1-button mouse!"

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.