Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I had the Andar for my 14 pro max, but keep hearing great things about bullstrap. If you had to pick one for the 15 pro max which would it be??

harpua626

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Upstate NY
Got both for my 15PM. Bullstrap leather feels much nicer and the color is much deeper. Andar feels a little slimmer but not by much, also has a closed bottom but I have AppleCare+ so an open bottom isn’t a dealbreaker for me. Andar buttons have sharp edges too.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
im in the same boat... but also have RyanLondon as an option.
I want to choose the thinnest one. Last year i had RL for 14P but i kinda felt it a bit too thick. Is Bullstrap thinner?

harpua626

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Upstate NY
I want to choose the thinnest one. Last year i had RL for 14P but i kinda felt it a bit too thick. Is Bullstrap thinner?
From what I’ve heard, they’re virtually indistinguishable aside from the Bullstrap logo

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020

The upcoming closed bottom case from Ryan London is thinner than the open bottom case. Basically the same as the Andar, Keyway, Decoded design just with their own leather. Same buttons, same metal camera surround etc…

Reactions: kvlq

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I decided to order the Bullstrap in black for my 15PM. I already own one of their wallets so I'm expecting the same attention to detail and quality..

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I went with Bullstrap for their lifetime warranty. Plus their Black Friday sale in addition to a 20% off from a referral (found on Reddit) got me to bite. Got packed confirmation early yesterday morning. Eagerly awaiting shipping notification.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Got both and returned both, as still prefer the Apple leather case and now just prefer to go naked or use the FW case when needed.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have both. (And Decoded, Mujjo and Bare)

Andar: Thinner than Bullstrap. Mine is VERY tight to put on. In fact so tight I'm afraid of bending the phone taking it off. Button feel is great, but why are so many cases making the buttons so prominent--and sharp!. Looks like plastic around the camera bump, which is fine with me.

Bullstrap: Nice leather--smells like leather too. Thicker than Andar but so thick it bugs me. Buttons don't stick out so far! Leather camera bump which I prefer to aluminum as I don't like to scratch my wooden desk. Open bottom. Easy to put on and take off, which is a big plus to me. I have dropped my 13Pro onto a concrete floor with Bullstrap and come through fine, so there is a trust factor too.

Of the two, I will be using the Bullstrap when I want a leather case. Otherwise I find the Apple Silicone case just about perfect for me. Seems like it collects less dust than previous models used to.

My other leather options--it's like there are one or two companies making these for everyone to rebrand. With the exception of Bullstrap I think all the buttons are too prominent.

Last edited:

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I have both. (And Decoded, Mujjo and Bare)

Andar: Thinner than Bullstrap. Mine is VERY tight to put on. In fact so tight I'm afraid of bending the phone taking it off. Button feel is great, but why are so many cases making the buttons so prominent--and sharp!. Looks like plastic around the camera bump, which is fine with me.

Bullstrap: Nice leather--smells like leather too. Thicker than Andar but so thick it bugs me. Buttons don't stick out so far! Leather camera bump which I prefer to aluminum as I don't like to scratch my wooden desk. Open bottom. Easy to put on and take off, which is a big plus to me. I have dropped my 13Pro onto a concrete floor with Bullstrap and come through fine, so there is a trust factor too.

Of the two, I will be using the Bullstrap when I want a leather case. Otherwise I find the Apple Silicone case just about perfect for me. Seems like it collects less dust than previous models used to.

My other leather options--it's like there are one or two companies making these for everyone to rebrand. With the exception of Bullstrap I think all the buttons are too prominent.
Yeah i find the Andar very tight and hard to take off as well.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. Just received my bullstrap case for the 15 pro max. So far so good!! It brings a classy vibe to it. When I’m not using this I’ll be using the Pitaka slim fit case as it has good grip on the back despite only protecting the corners and back but hey that’s why I have Apple care!

Sad when the lady at Apple encouraged me to go naked with my iPhone as she explained the different prices to get your fixed. She did not recommend the fine woven ah ha but I still like the case just too slippery and $$

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. Just received my bullstrap case for the 15 pro max. So far so good!! It brings a classy vibe to it. When I’m not using this I’ll be using the Pitaka slim fit case as it has good grip on the back despite only protecting the corners and back but hey that’s why I have Apple care!

Sad when the lady at Apple encouraged me to go naked with my iPhone as she explained the different prices to get your fixed. She did not recommend the fine woven ah ha but I still like the case just too slippery and $$
Which color BS leather did you go for?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

Congratulations! I also just received my Bullstrap case for my 15PM and am very happy with it!

Reactions: landonalder
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.