Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
eBay please....

Managed to get a beta version from eBay

6FC4EE93-70DD-46DB-8070-23E137BB237D.png

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Right now, eBay and Amazon are the only big apps that are lacking an update on my iPad Pro. It’s quite crazy that these two are so lagging behind, even behind Facebook and google!

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
To be honest, this is making me reconsider the 11” model. I have a 12.9” gen 2 pro now and I preordered a 12.9” gen 3 pro, but I use my iPad for a lot of video consumption and I’ve never liked the 4:3 aspect ratio.

The 11” might not be 16:9, but it’s a step closer in that direction. The apps might not be there yet, but they’ll get there. Saving $200 and getting a better aspect ratio might be worth dealing with a slightly smaller screen for me.

You know, it’s really not widescreen, what you are getting is 70mm flat, anamorphic is widescreen, standard television was 35mm flat...that is there (unless somewhere there is a anamorphic screen as some projectors have) is no actual widescreen, this is why except for some televisions which digitally can show the anamorphic picture there is the letterboxing.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Right now, eBay and Amazon are the only big apps that are lacking an update on my iPad Pro. It’s quite crazy that these two are so lagging behind, even behind Facebook and google!

Even more annoying than Amazon is ComiXology (owned by Amazon). If I had an app that was designed for displaying art, I’d be making damn sure my app used every inch of those gorgeous displays.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Temptation rises today considerably.
Chance to visit Apple store- 11" i pad is nice indeed, 1st impressions a little taller effect via horizontal stand.
And apple Smart Keyboard was attached-yet to see this return in stock via sky mobile rewards.
Must revisit re cycle options for current 10.5-only wish apple smart keyboards were more reliable as this is 3rd past 2 years approx.-1 warranty replacement and 1 chargeable replacement.
Apple store seemed very busy indeed.

dljor

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
anyone has problem with the photos app? in full screen, photos are always stretched to fit the screen. this causes the photos to be cropped if not in the perfect aspect ratio. on the 12.9, you get black bars, but are able to see the whole photo ...

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
anyone has problem with the photos app? in full screen, photos are always stretched to fit the screen. this causes the photos to be cropped if not in the perfect aspect ratio. on the 12.9, you get black bars, but are able to see the whole photo ...

Yes I have noticed this too; it's very annoying. It now seems to me that this aspect ratio change was a misstep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.