Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
Unfortunately, due to bugs in WatchOS, a number of our users are having difficulties with our watch app. Right now, the only thing to do is to keep trying the restart/reinstall process until it works. Other customers have reported success here. I'm sorry we can't offer any further help at present, but we're dependent upon Apple to provide further fixes.

Best wishes,
Adam

I received the EXACT same email from Adam and I agree it is pretty lame.

TxWatch

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
Maybe we should all ask for a full refund. That might get their attention...

TxWatch

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
It just seems like a cop out. "Sadly, it's apples fault not ours. We wrote a good app and they screwed it up. Until they fix it, it's not an us problem".

That is what I read, anyway.

Reactions: LtCore

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Since the new update, has it been working better for folks on the watch?

In my day and a half since updating, it has been more consistent. Not sure if it's fixed yet but the reminders have shown up when I looked for them.

LtCore

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2014

In my day and a half since updating, it has been more consistent. Not sure if it's fixed yet but the reminders have shown up when I looked for them.

Same old story for me. It's never worked, except Add Event. Now Fantastical on my Mac is not seeing my Outlook Calendar. I think it's a sync problem between Outlook and Mac Calendar app but not sure.

I need a new solution, haha!

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
Texas

Same for me. I guess they were able to overcome the "Apple Watch OS" bugs they reported in their emails to us. ;)

I have been able to add an event from my Watch, as well.

I will keep trying over the next few days to see if things remain stable. (fingers-crossed)

TxWatch

By the way, the only way I was able to update the F2 App on my Watch was to remove and re-install it from the Watch App on my phone. I also had to power-cycle my Watch to get it to show my calendar after the update. (The same as before)

Is it normal to have to manually update Watch applications or should they automatically update?

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Same for me. I guess they were able to overcome the "Apple Watch OS" bugs they reported in their emails to us. ;)

I have been able to add an event from my Watch, as well.

I will keep trying over the next few days to see if things remain stable. (fingers-crossed)

TxWatch

By the way, the only way I was able to update the F2 App on my Watch was to remove and re-install it from the Watch App on my phone. I also had to power-cycle my Watch to get it to show my calendar after the update. (The same as before)

Is it normal to have to manually update Watch applications or should they automatically update?
Well, I have never done that. I assume that since I did the update on my phone that it was updated on the watch now that it seems to be more stable (for the time being). How can I see if the watch app has been updated?

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
I can't see why many are raving over this app.

Since when is an all day event not an event?

Any all day event I want to show up in my complication I have to put a time to it instead of all day.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I can't see why many are raving over this app.

Since when is an all day event not an event?

Any all day event I want to show up in my complication I have to put a time to it instead of all day.
I agree. For me, an all day event at work would be 9am to 5.30pm. There should be a default setting to account for this. An all day event is unlikely to be 12.00 midnight to 11.59pm the following day.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
The Add Event and Reminders from my Watch only worked for about a day, then it stopped working again. I guess they really did not fix it, but it was working temporarily because I updated the App and power-cycled my Watch.

TxWatch

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2015
Thanks for digging into this. I have the problem here too. I like Fantastical, and the complication works fine for next appointment, but most other Watch functions are flakey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.