Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cochinet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
Hi there, I have AT&T Mexico and just updated to iOS 16 and then cellular data stopped working. Restarted the phone, turned off / on cellular data, etc, etc.

Just posting here to see if anyone else is having the same issue or if it is an issue with the carrier or maybe apple?

Holy smokes.

Reactions: sorgo †

cochinet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
Using a SIM... apparently my carrier or something during the upgrade process change the APN value for a new one. Changing it back fixes the issue.

Reactions: Rok73

topbin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2020
UK
Hi,

I've upgraded to iOS16 overnight and this morning I have really atrocious signal on both my O2 sim (UK) and Vodafone sim. In a place (the office) where I would usually get nearly full 5G signal, I'm now occasionally getting 1 bar of 4G, but often no signal or just 'Edge'.

Has anyone else had any similar issues? I've tried a forced restart but no luck.

Thanks!

Reactions: Johnny London

JemTheWire

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
Are you sure that no cell mast maintenance work is ongoing at your ‘usual’ cell tower. Many providers share masts so not too unusual to get issues with otherwise unrelated providers.

topbin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2020
UK
Are you sure that no cell mast maintenance work is ongoing at your ‘usual’ cell tower. Many providers share masts so not too unusual to get issues with otherwise unrelated providers.
Yeah I checked both Vodafone and O2's service statuses and both said they were fine :(

topbin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2020
UK
Yeah I checked both Vodafone and O2's service statuses and both said they were fine :(
Oh now O2 is saying there is an issue. This could all just be a coincidence 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂

Johnny London

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
My e-sim stopped working since update to iOS16: Weak signal and no data plan!
This happened with a previously installed e-sim.
I am on iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 16.0 and previously installed Holafly e-sim to access the internet in Turkey. My carrier is Turkcell.
Urgent fix needed! Thanks!

Johnny London

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Hi,

I've upgraded to iOS16 overnight and this morning I have really atrocious signal on both my O2 sim (UK) and Vodafone sim. In a place (the office) where I would usually get nearly full 5G signal, I'm now occasionally getting 1 bar of 4G, but often no signal or just 'Edge'.

Has anyone else had any similar issues? I've tried a forced restart but no luck.

Thanks!
I just asked my e-sim vendor and they said they are checking with the signal provider. Behold, a few minutes later the service returned fully. I am suspecting that carriers need to update something internally due to the iPhone iOS16 upgrade?
Good luck.

Reactions: JohnKay

topbin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2020
UK
I just asked my e-sim vendor and they said they are checking with the signal provider. Behold, a few minutes later the service returned fully. I am suspecting that carriers need to update something internally due to the iPhone iOS16 upgrade?
Good luck.
Cheers Johnny L - I'm walking home from work today so if it picks up when I hit different cell towers I'll assume it's just my local work one gone down, otherwise will check with O2 who gave me the e-sim.

cochinet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
Can you explain to me how you did it? I have the same problem with AT&T MX
Of course, of course :)

LOL

There you go the screen shots.

If your APN is web.5g.attmex.mx you just have to remove the 5g and leave it in web.attmex.mx

In the photos I used another APN that was modem.nexteldata.com.mx that still worked for me.

I hope it works for you :)

Attachments

• IMG_AA2C76FEBAE2-1.jpeg
    IMG_AA2C76FEBAE2-1.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_AA2C76FEBAE2-2.jpeg
    IMG_AA2C76FEBAE2-2.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_AA2C76FEBAE2-3.jpeg
    IMG_AA2C76FEBAE2-3.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: saulomon28

saulomon28

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
You deserve heaven, I was two days without cell data and trying to restore my phone thousands of times!!! Thank you very much it worked perfectly!!!

• Love
Reactions: cochinet

cochinet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
You deserve heaven, I was two days without cell data and trying to restore my phone thousands of times!!! Thank you very much it worked perfectly!!!
HAHAHA the chorcha was armed on twitter and from there a kid passed me the tip and I already put it here just because I was in a hurry I didn't put more detail. Glad you managed to find this and write :)

Reactions: saulomon28

omegatemplar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
Hello guys!

I work with telecom here in Japan with the company MVNO and we were affected by this issue. As soon as we realized this, we rushed to resolve it, and the solution we found was to make the profile again and reinstall it.

Nodens

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2017
I'm also experiencing an issue with my iPhone XS and the mobile carrier in my country.
After the iOS 16 upgrade, cellular data has stopped working (calls are working fine).

Reactions: JohnKay

Nodens

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2017
I'm also experiencing the same issue with my iPhone XS and the mobile carrier in my country.
After the iOS 16 upgrade, cellular data has stopped working (calls are working fine).

omegatemplar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
If you still facing problem and you have mac, you can make your own profile and install it.

You have to know the APN settings.

Then go to Mac App Store and download the: Apple Configurator

Opent it and follow the image instructions:
how to create profile.png
After completion of the setup, go to FILE menu and save it with desired name.

Then transfer to your iPhone and install it.

If the process fail, you can do it again.

Cya

Nodens

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2017
I opened a ticket with my mobile carrier and the issue was fixed a few hours later.

Thanks for your help however! Really appreciate it!

JohnKay

macrumors member
May 26, 2014
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Page Plus (Verizon towers) data stopped working for me on my Xr. I deleted and reinstalled APN tracfone.vzwentp and still nothing. I swapped SIM card into an iPhone 11 running iOS15 and data is running.

Reactions: Theman0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.