Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asiqwdae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Could I activate the Verizon iphonex with tmobile sim?
I pre order online on that day and paid in full. can I just put in my tmobile sim before turn it on?
what will it say? I don't want the previous sim void.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
so, can I just take the sim out and pop in the tmobile sim, then activate it without being asked Verizon account info?

Yes, thanks to the chip they use in it. I am not sure if you will be able to utilize the major bands T-Mobile has.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Yes.

I had a Verizon Note 3 and Pixel. Swapping sims was no problem. None would be void.

Verizon are the best for unlocked and not being stuck with Intel modems.

Reactions: Fast16

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Yes, thanks to the chip they use in it. I am not sure if you will be able to utilize the major bands T-Mobile has.
It will.

Most iPhones in US come in two variants. The ones for Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile are the same but AT&T and T-Mobile aren't unlocked and stuck with Intel. The other variant is catered only to Sprint. Only Verizon comes unlocked and isn't stuck with the Intel modem.

asiqwdae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Yep you should be good to go. Currently using my 7 plus which was Verizon on T-Mobile network.
wow, u ordered it online? when u put in ur t-mobile sim, does it asking ur Verizon account info?
[doublepost=1509214166][/doublepost]
Yes.

I had a Verizon Note 3 and Pixel. Swapping sims was no problem. None would be void.

Verizon are the best for unlocked and not being stuck with Intel modems.
thanks, when u purchase the note3, did u being asked for Verizon account info?

Fast16

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Michigan
When you put in the tmobile sim it doesn't ask for any of your verizon information. Just restart the phone and you'll see activate by itself. That's all.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I pre order online on that day and paid in full. can I just put in my tmobile sim before turn it on?
Yes, you can activate it on T-Mobile.

All Verizon LTE capable phones are unlocked out of the box because of an agreement Verizon has with the FCC.

Since your phone will be unlocked you can use in with your T-Mob SIM.

iDevices are carrier agnostic. You will only be asked details pertinent to the SIM of the carrier you insert.

Reactions: Applejuiced

asiqwdae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
It will activate with any sim card in the world.
The verizon iphones are fully unlocked. You can even activate it with old inactive sims also.
Even though I put in the Verizon account info at the time I ordering?

dreamroar

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2013
When you put in the tmobile sim it doesn't ask for any of your verizon information. Just restart the phone and you'll see activate by itself. That's all.
I don't think so. The phone is naturally unlocked but it will ask for Verizon account holder's SSN on first start and after that the phone is activated and ready to go. The previous Verizon sim wont be void

asiqwdae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think so. The phone is naturally unlocked but it will ask for Verizon account holder's SSN on first start and after that the phone is activated and ready to go. The previous Verizon sim wont be void
to me, as long as the previous sim wont be void, that ll be good. So, the condition what u said happens when I put in tmobile sim before first start?

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
I’m a T-Mo user and I will be picking up 1 Verizon X in-store on Friday, and having 2 T-Mo Xs delivered that morning as well.

Last year, decided to try a 7Plus and wanted the qualcomm (Verizon Model) due to my international travels. I didn’t pre-oder, rather I watched istocknow.com to find which local store had a verizon or Sprint model in stock).

Long story short, I ended up walking into an Apple store and buying a 7Plus Verizon and a 7plus Sprint model outright. Popped in the t-mo sim prior to first boot and never had any issues. I was never asked for an SSN or anything. Worked like every other unlocked phone I’ve ever had.

asiqwdae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
I’m a T-Mo user and I will be picking up 1 Verizon X in-store on Friday, and having 2 T-Mo Xs delivered that morning as well.

Last year, decided to try a 7Plus and wanted the qualcomm (Verizon Model) due to my international travels. I didn’t pre-oder, rather I watched istocknow.com to find which local store had a verizon or Sprint model in stock).

Long story short, I ended up walking into an Apple store and buying a 7Plus Verizon and a 7plus Sprint model outright. Popped in the t-mo sim prior to first boot and never had any issues. I was never asked for an SSN or anything. Worked like every other unlocked phone I’ve ever had.
yeah, if u buy it in store. that's totally fine

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA

in few weeks I believe you can buy the sim free that what I am going to do

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.