Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Crazy to think that this game was released almost a year ago, and now the next major update won’t be until October 2022.

Not to rehash any old discussions, but I’ve never been so disappointed with any game ever as much as I was with Cyberpunk. What happened with CDProjekt Red, literally changed the gaming industry forever, and they will always be the new norm of ‘what not to do’.

Reactions: Queen6

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I know the feeling... And they brought it to themselves, they've been hyping us up for years with that game... And then released something that lost loads of features along they way AND with a billion bugs...

And still I enjoyed the game after the first critical patches, we can only imagine what could've been...

Reactions: Queen6

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Overall I enjoyed the game but this still gave me a good laugh.

q9g2cdfr07381.jpg

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I always looked like a thrift shop explosion survivor. Just equipped the items with the best stats which resulted in Justin Bieber outfits indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: Macalicious2011

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
what are peoples experiences with the game as it is now, on a stock ps4?

from what i read it was pretty unplayable to start with, hence the refunds and removal from PS store.
It’s alright on base PS4 with the latest patch. There are still some slowdowns and the NPC density is low so it doesn’t feel as alive as the Xbox versions.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
Is this game worth picking up as it is on discount now? I have a Xbox Series X

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Maybe? The Series X native version should be out by spring of next year. The existing game is basically the Xbox One X version and will be missing graphics options that may or may not matter to you. Supposedly if you get the “old” version you get a free upgrade to the XSX native one, but we will see if they still honor that.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Short answer? Yes. I think used copies of this game are around ~$20 or under. I wouldn’t pay more than $20 for it (Even though I payed full MSRP on release day), and there is a massive patch set to be released in the future. But it’s far more playable than what it once was a year ago. If you’re heavily into ‘RPG’ elements with customization and coupling a storyline of having multiple avenues with potential outcomes, then you’ll probably enjoy this game.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Maybe? The Series X native version should be out by spring of next year. The existing game is basically the Xbox One X version and will be missing graphics options that may or may not matter to you. Supposedly if you get the “old” version you get a free upgrade to the XSX native one, but we will see if they still honor that.
I wouldn't hold my breath that the next gen version will be a visual night and day difference from the Xbox One X version.

Expect 60fps for visual mode, improved reflections/lighting and maybe less popping. If you have free time to play CP now then it's better to do so now than waiting 4-6 months for the Next gen version that might only be marginally better.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I wouldn't hold my breath that the next gen version will be a visual night and day difference from the Xbox One X version.

Expect 60fps for visual mode, improved reflections/lighting and maybe less popping. If you have free time to play CP now then it's better to do so now than waiting 4-6 months for the Next gen version that might only be marginally better.
Yeah I have the PS version, gonna wait for them to fix the crowds on the PS5 Native version before continuing my play through.... Or at least I hope they fix the crowds, lol.

Queen6

macrumors G4
CDPR needs to deliver as promised, not interested in their lies or their false promise's. Cyberpunk 2077 remains to be a shallow looter/shooter not the deep rich RPG we were promised. As many others have stated Witcher 3 is by far the better game by a wide margin, not even compatible.

CDPR want's to do it right do so, if not move on, but take note your reputation is burned...

Q-6

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Yeah I have the PS version, gonna wait for them to fix the crowds on the PS5 Native version before continuing my play through.... Or at least I hope they fix the crowds, lol.
The problem with next-gen variants of games is the gamers expect too much. What we have seen so far, next-gen versions tend to be refurbishments or a new lick o paint, rather than a refurbishment. Draw distance is pop-in are the more difficult features to "enhance" without investing disproportionate resources into a re-release of a game.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
The problem with next-gen variants of games is the gamers expect too much. What we have seen so far, next-gen versions tend to be refurbishments or a new lick o paint, rather than a refurbishment. Draw distance is pop-in are the more difficult features to "enhance" without investing disproportionate resources into a re-release of a game.
Yeah that is true. That is why so many are excited about UE5. Epic did a good job with hiding any pop-in with the Matrix demo.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Is and remains a joke as CDPR blatantly lied about the games direction and core content. More fool us the early adopters, paid full price for a broken game with weak content.

I read that on the success of Witcher 3 some of the Dev's asked for a better deal management said no. Many left which explains the weak main story line of CP2077 and the beyond mundane side quests.

Cyberpunk 2077 is Mediocre at best CDPR should be fully ashamed of it's actions. That said made their money and beat the case. So we are stuck with yet another **** game...

Q-6

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Yeah that is true. That is why so many are excited about UE5. Epic did a good job with hiding any pop-in with the Matrix demo.
At some point. Studios might even stop doing next-gen or releases if it proves to generate more backlash than good will e.g GTA Definitive Edition.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
When this was first teased I was excited, hoping for a Red Dead 2 level of detail and world creation. Love customization and pretty much everything that comes with most open world games. The big let down to me was when I found out it was first person only, save for driving. Personally I hate being in first person, especially when you get to be creative with your character design. Really wished they had gone the GTA V route, let you choose to be in first person or go in 3rd and enjoy the game on a different level. I will probably still pick the game up when it is dirt cheap after I am able to track down a PS5.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
It's March soon! Not long before the next get versions are released and I can start a Pistol play through. However, it's a bit amusing that we have waited 1 year and 3 months to play a game that has already been released and we paid full price for. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.