Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which life path are you going to choose?

• Total voters

kuehneballmer

Suspended
Mar 14, 2022
Playing cyberpunk games is always a pleasure for me. It gives me an excitement. In my free time, I always listen to the Astroworld album with cyberpunk.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
The below is a polite way of saying: Our in-house engine is a dogs breakfast. Devs and designers hate it and almost no contractors or 3rd party studios went to touch it eith a barge pole. 😆

"One of the things that is really important to keep in mind when talking about open-world games versus, let’s say, linear games is the possibilities of the things that can go wrong or the scenarios that you have to consider are exponentially higher than linear games.

Players can go in whatever direction they want, they can handle content in any order that they want theoretically, and to really encapsulate that means that you need a really stable environment where you can be able to make changes with a high level of confidence that it’s not going to break in 1,600 other places down the line."

-Jacob Slama

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
conflicting thoughts. its only 20 quid on ps store. but i only have a pS4.... how bad would it be?
PS4 Pro you probably would see a jump
in performance, but the standard/base PS4, is completely underpowered. You really would have to take advantage of new GEN hardware with a PS5 to see the core differences.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
PS4 Pro you probably would see a jump
in performance, but the standard/base PS4, is completely underpowered. You really would have to take advantage of new GEN hardware with a PS5 to see the core differences.

thanks, if I could get a PS5 I would...one day....

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
thanks, if I could get a PS5 I would...one day....
Don’t give up.

And if you follow me on this ‘console forum’, I’ve mentioned multiple times to use Hotstock, which is an app that alerts you have in stock consoles and the other computer related hardware. I scored all my PS5’s using that app, but it’s all about timing. If you’re quick, you can do it, but you have to have all your information preinstalled on the retail site you intend on buying from.

If you have any other questions on this or need any info, let me know.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
Don’t give up.

And if you follow me on this ‘console forum’, I’ve mentioned multiple times to use Hotstock, which is an app that alerts you have in stock consoles and the other computer related hardware. I scored all my PS5’s using that app, but it’s all about timing. If you’re quick, you can do it, but you have to have all your information preinstalled on the retail site you intend on buying from.

If you have any other questions on this or need any info, let me know.

thanks, but i live in a wee portuguese island in the middle of the atlantic, we have two electrical chains here. saw one had XBOX series X in stock and nearly went to the dark side. figure at some stage ill end up with one of each just because of the exclusives (bethesda being the reason ill need an Xbox).

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
thanks, but i live in a wee portuguese island in the middle of the atlantic, we have two electrical chains here. saw one had XBOX series X in stock and nearly went to the dark side. figure at some stage ill end up with one of each just because of the exclusives (bethesda being the reason ill need an Xbox).
I also have a Series X. :D

Another outstanding console that has a huge future with some amazing titles coming. And one game I really like is Microsoft flight simulator, which is very intensive on the CPU, but is probably the most realistic game I’ve ever played in terms of actually manipulating/controlling an airplane, taking off and landing in any geographic environment that you can think of in the world. There’s nothing else like it and the Series X really shines here with displaying that power through stunning lighting/graphics.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I had two first-time experiences today. Both involving NCPD.

The first: Walking out of the apartment you can purchase in the Glen, an NCPD car drove past…lights on and sirens blaring! So I got in my car and followed. (Their car even showed on the map. The blue NCPD icon that shows you where the assault-in-progress quests are…it was that icon but in yellow). After following, they stopped at a corner and got into a shootout with the Valentinos. One thing that stood out to me is that this event did NOT show up on the map as that blue star with the red pulse around it.

The second: After all this time, I got into my first big fight with Max-Tac…and hooooooly crap! I remember hearing the complaints about NCPD/Max-Tac in the early days of the game and my experience today says those complaints have been answered. One “accident” in Corpo Plaza prompted a warrant and I decided to see how long I could hold out against Max-Tac with Mantis Blades. The combination of Max-Tac and the turrets are noooooo joke! After taking out a group, you get a little breather that you can use to run and then more show up. Sometimes behind you. Sometimes from an alleyway off to the side. It’s not much of a “breather” though because even if there’s no Max-Tac coming after you…the turrets are firing. Then Max-Tac hits again. Every single thing about that fight was telling me I messed up big time. Even if you manage to catch a break from Max-Tac AND the turrets…the music playing in the background is like the musical equivalent of telling you that you f***** up! Even the fact that it was nighttime just added to it! The goal was to hold up and at least make it out of Corpo Plaza. I managed to get a decent distance from where I started, but never made it out of Corpo Plaza 😂

There’s still room for improvement in a lot of aspects of the game of course, but I am officially wary of Max-Tac now!

Reactions: Macalicious2011

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
I re ordered 2077 whilst awaiting EV service yesterday.
Only had short experience of CyberPunk via X-Series.
This game is looking very good now I have it on ps5 Digi.
Is there a great deal off difference with Performance or Ray Tracing modes, also how is HDR Mode used, seemed to make ps5 ui much darker?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I re ordered 2077 whilst awaiting EV service yesterday.
Only had short experience of CyberPunk via X-Series.
This game is looking very good now I have it on ps5 Digi.
Is there a great deal off difference with Performance or Ray Tracing modes, also how is HDR Mode used, seemed to make ps5 ui much darker?
Mostly a visual difference of shadows. I can't tell you if you would prefer 30 or 60 fps though.

Reactions: Donfor39

jwhite9185

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Surrey UK
This game looked mega from the trailers, so I picked it up last summer when it was on sale.

I just can't get into it at all though. Maybe it's just me, but after the initial few hours of playing it hasn't really enticed me back.

And only having an Xbox series S, it took up way too much space for my liking.

Reactions: Macalicious2011

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
This game looked mega from the trailers, so I picked it up last summer when it was on sale.

I just can't get into it at all though. Maybe it's just me, but after the initial few hours of playing it hasn't really enticed me back.

And only having an Xbox series S, it took up way too much space for my liking.

i clicked on the thread basically to stay the same.

i really like the idea, sort of deus ex vibe. but i keep opening it, playing for 20 mins, closing it, finding something else to play.

i have an issue anyway, where i have to really enjoy a game to play it. so i struggle to find a game to play and then i play it until its finished.

Finished Horizon Forbidden West plus the DLC, and keep opening cyberpunk, but .......

a) theres too much dialogue. i like a nice story but i just find myself constantly clicking through conversations i dont really care about.

b) the graphics are great but the control is clunky like its the 1990s. especially the car driving.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
a) theres too much dialogue. i like a nice story but i just find myself constantly clicking through conversations i dont really care about.
The "journals" were worse. Excessive in number and amount of text - with little or minimal benefit for completing sin quest. Basically filler content.

Having played Zelda Tears of the Kingdom for 30-40hour, I have further opened my eyes up to how CB had the potential to be of similar calibre.

However I believe that the team was stretched top thinly concurrently architecting a new engine whilst developing a game for:
-PC
-Xbox One
-Xbox Series S/X
-Stadia

+Multiplayer version.

As a result game mechanics were removed, aspects like npcs and utility of vehicles were reduced to minimal viable. I genuinely hope that CDPR remakes the game using unreal engine 5 and produce a "complete" game.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
They could at least have labelled the journals as lore. That would have marked it as optional reading and saved users time and energy.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
i really like the idea, sort of deus ex vibe. but i keep opening it, playing for 20 mins, closing it, finding something else to play.
Same, I tried it, got through the prologue and into the first act but it just didn't hold my attention. I've picked it back up two or three more times, and I just can't seem to stick with it.

I was wondering if I'd have a better experience on my PS5 with the controller (vs. mouse/keyboard) but I'm not about to spend a lot of money on it and I think its in the 50 dollar range in the playstation store

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Same, I tried it, got through the prologue and into the first act but it just didn't hold my attention. I've picked it back up two or three more times, and I just can't seem to stick with it.
This sometimes happens whether it's with a game or tv series. I have witcher 3. Enjoy and respect it but there is no dopamine rush when I play it. Will probably sell my physical copy of it soon.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Liked the trailer for the DLC, might pick it up when it's on sale... Played CP2077 when it just got released (crashing every 15-50 minutes) so got a bad aftertaste on this game...

Reactions: Donfor39
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.