Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmilioCube

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2023
Karlsruhe, Germany
Nice find. I really enjoy my WiiU, still playing "Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild" on it and "Mario Kart 8" and of course, it's great for all of my Wii games. As a bonus you can STILL play online games for free instead of paying for the privilege on the Switch using this free nonintrusive method...

Enjoy!

:)
MK7 online was the game I played the most time by far. From the beginning over the server shutdown on April to today playing over pretendos servers. Its just too much fun to play anything else.

Rairii

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2024
So I found a Lombard on eBay.

I've been interested in a dev system with Grackle+Paddington for a while, so when one showed up on ebay listed as parts or not working, with a broken hinge; a column of dead pixels on the screen; and powering on but not booting, I ended up submitting an offer of £40 which was accepted.

When it arrived, I got it booting into OSX easily enough (someone blessed the OS9 system folder, but OSX was still installed, so I booted into OSX through OF then blessed the OSX system folder).

Once booted I had a nice surprise. The eBay seller couldn't boot the system so listed it under the stock specs on the sticker on the bottom. Turns out it had been upgraded heavily. I was expecting G3 at 333MHz, 64MB of RAM and 4GB HD, I got G3 at 400MHz, the full 512MB of RAM and 20GB HD (I noticed the HD has an apple sticker on it so I guess it came out of some other mac?). Full of the previous owner's personal data of course.

(One of the first things I did was figure out how to reset nvram in hardware. After figuring that out I tried enabling OF little endian mode, because theoretically that should work on grackle systems. Unfortunately it didn't work, either there's a bug in the endianness switching code, or some other part of OF failed to initialise. For anyone else interested, resetting OF nvram on a lombard can be done with the PMU reset button.)

Doq

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2019
The Lab DX

I happened upon a Quad.

20240510_140330_HDR.jpg

How??

Certificate of Excellence

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2021

I happened upon a Quad.

View attachment 2376720

How??
Good luck LOL. :D

Ive always responded to the macg5 CL auctions Ive run into over the years in the hopes that Id find a quad but the best I have done is my DC 2ghz ... which in its own right is no slouch and one of my favorite PowerPC macs I own. So while my mind says LCS? yes please, perhaps acquiring only air cooled models is a blessing in disguise with the small margin of free time I've had lately.
:)

Reactions: Doq

Certificate of Excellence

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2021
Well apparently I don't have that much good luck. It didn't come with a power cable and the one I just had two-day'ed is lost in post. 💀

So I can't even turn it on yet.
Yep the a1117s take a special power cord so a cable even from an earlier a1047 will not work.

I hope everything works well for you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.