Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Again quoting the useless Woz.

Again making false equivences because you adore Trump and Musk and badly want Jobs fans to see them all in the same light.

Never stop failing. You do a great job at that.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.

Again making false equivences because you adore Trump and Musk and badly want Jobs fans to see them all in the same light.

Again quoting the useless CNN.

Again making false equivences because you adore Biden, Zuckerburg, and other US Gov corruption. And badly want Elon fans to see them all in the same light.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022

You have no knowledge of my politics. This topic has nothing to do with Trump or Biden but I understand the ad hominem.

Woz made the comparison which you challenge. I gave you the source. I quoted his feelings accurately.

I am apparently more familiar with Jobs turnaround at Apple as well. It was not all unicorns, party favors, and balloons but in the end Jobs got it done. I summarized his transition accurately and provided corroboration.

Bradl and you might consider being less emotional and more familiar with topics.

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2022
Sure! Right after you tell me about how a bunch of nitwits not bringing guns, entering a federal building, breaking a few items, yelling at the ceiling in costume, and posing for pictures in the Speaker's chair represents the most violent, treasonous, coup ever perpetrated.

I loathe disinformation, especially such lazy and uninformed drivel as this.

So, the mob did bring guns, explosives, weapons, etc., and people (incl. police officers) were terrorized, crippled, and killed by the mob of dupes, dolts, and petite fascists.

"Police stopped only a fraction of the violent protestors Jan. 6, but we still know of guns and explosives seized in and around the Capitol. And we know rioters brought knives, brass knuckles a stun gun and other weapons.

Just as notable, video plainly shows the mob using all manner of makeshift weapons to attack police and force their way in, including hockey sticks, flagpoles, fire extinguishers and a police shield stolen from an officer."

Source: https://www.politifact.com/factchec...jan-6-capitol-assault-was-armed-insurrection/

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
I loathe disinformation, especially such lazy and uninformed drivel as this.

So, the mob did bring guns, explosives, weapons, etc., and people (incl. police officers) were terrorized, crippled, and killed by the mob of dupes, dolts, and petite fascists.

Source: https://www.politifact.com/factchec...jan-6-capitol-assault-was-armed-insurrection/
If that’s an insurrection, a college basketball celebration must be genocide

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Deflection at its best, and offtopic.

Bringing it back, a little bit of grammar. From Dictionary.app:

evict
e·vict| əˈvik(t) | verb [with object] expel (someone) from a property, especially with the support of the law: he had court orders to evict the trespassers from three camps. past tense: evicted​

See also: Elon Musk, Twitter.

So not only is the guy causing two companies' values to fall horribly, the guy is cheap, skimping out on bills that he now has to pay because he owns his sandbox. And stans think he's a responsible businessman.

BL.

Reactions: 1885507

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2022

No statement was more worthy of a Dunning-Kruger study nor less a flagrant disregard for democracy and human life.

Put simply, just because you haven't read anything since 8/21 (it shows), well over a year old, doesn't mean the world simply stopped spinning and information hit a plateau.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
No statement was more worthy of a Dunning-Kruger study nor less a flagrant disregard for democracy and human life.

Put simply, just because you haven't read anything since 8/21 (it shows), well over a year old, doesn't mean the world simply stopped spinning and information hit a plateau.
Did you refute my source? You were so focused on my analogy

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Political theater. Sure glad I’m not supporting a party that mirrors chinas governing policies.

Of course not. However when you do support a party that wants to do away with parts of Article II so a certain person can remain in office ad infinitum, you are supporting a party that mirrors DPRK.

Back on topic, we have yet another episode of Rules for thee, but not for me in the latest sad saga of Elon Musk’s Soapbox Twitter. This time, it involves reducing availability to Family planning. You know.. something he used to have 8 children himself.

And more than that, he just let go of more people.. you know.. those that make him money.

Meanwhile, Twitter user’s data is being sold on the dark web for $2.

Got to love that new ownership.

BL.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeard331

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Of course not. However when you do support a party that wants to do away with parts of Article II so a certain person can remain in office ad infinitum, you are supporting a party that mirrors DPRK.

Back on topic, we have yet another episode of Rules for thee, but not for me in the latest sad saga of Elon Musk’s Soapbox Twitter. This time, it involves reducing availability to Family planning. You know.. something he used to have 8 children himself.

And more than that, he just let go of more people.. you know.. those that make him money.

BL.
Seems like Elon and Twitter are doing fine, no matter how you paint the picture

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021

Jan6 denialism is the new 9/11 denialism.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Back on topic, we have yet another episode of Rules for thee, but not for me

Hardly seems like unreasonable changes for a failing company…or even one that isn’t.

Lifetime fertility benefit reduced from $80k to $40k​
No more WFH without prior approval​
New hire orientation reduced from three days to one​
COVID pandemic allowance for daycare is cancelled​
Travel meal per diem reduced to $75 / day​
Revised travel and expense policy​
Holding managers more accountable for approving expenses not covered in the policy​
Employee mobile phone allowance reduced to from $150 to $50/mo​
Coffee, beverages, and snacks will continue to be free for all employees, but they need to pay for their meals now in the company cafe​
Vacations without notice will no longer be approved. Managers will approve vacation requests based on work balances, and project deadlines assigned​

Cutting fat in departments where fat needs cut is what leadership does in a failing company. As explained before, not everyone likes the changes a new CEO makes to turnaround a failing company.

Pre-Musk and the issue looks to have been addressed.

While troublesome the data did not contain sensitive details like credit card information, SSNs, or home addresses.

Last month Musk refused to pay the ransom consistent with Cybersecurity recommendation as paying only encourages future attacks from bad actors.

By the way, that data now looks to be free.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
If this is true Musk is erm an agent of a foreign power?

(kinda obvious)

1673037081569.png

• Wow

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Hardly seems like unreasonable changes for a failing company…or even one that isn’t.

Holding managers more accountable for approving expenses not covered in the policy​
Coffee, beverages, and snacks will continue to be free for all employees, but they need to pay for their meals now in the company cafe​
Vacations without notice will no longer be approved. Managers will approve vacation requests based on work balances, and project deadlines assigned​
Dang, tech companies I have worked for (who has billions in the bank) never had such generous expenditures for corporate HQ staff. Pretty egregious for a company with no product.

Reactions: SnappleRumors

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Dang, tech companies I have worked for (who has billions in the bank) never had such generous expenditures for corporate HQ staff. Pretty egregious for a company with no product.

Then you have never worked for a decent tech company. Even the lesser ones I have worked at have offered more for their employees. Perhaps an employer change is in order; I hear Twitter is hiring. Just be careful not to get a position in San Francisco; you may be stuck with paying the rent while the emplyoer tries to keep up with as many children as Nick Cannon.

BL.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Cutting fat in departments where fat needs cut is what leadership does in a failing company. As explained before, not everyone likes the changes a new CEO makes to turnaround a failing company.

Leadership without personal action = management. Leadership is sticking to your values and morals when you speak them or let them be known to the public.

Musk has done neither. Cases in point:
  • advocating "free speech", then banning journos and/or anyone criticizing him;
  • Claiming that a certain user is doxxing him, then goes on to dox another user himself;
When one backpedals the way he has, that isn't leadership; that is a narcissist wanting people to give him the attention he craves, and then gets upset when what he wants is used against him, but is the very exact thing he advocates. He can't handle it, and is an absolutely horrible owner.

But you don't have to take my word for it; just look at Twitter's value plummeting as well as the anger in Tesla's shareholders.

Pre-Musk and the issue looks to have been addressed.

Pre-Musk? Musk OWNS IT NOW. One can't claim that it wan't his fault, for when he bought the company, he assumed all responsibility for the company, including the problems he has. It is now his problem that he has to deal with, and now makes him and his company liable for the damages.

While troublesome the data did not contain sensitive details like credit card information, SSNs, or home addresses.

Last month Musk refused to pay the ransom consistent with Cybersecurity recommendation as paying only encourages future attacks from bad actors.

By the way, that data now looks to be free.

And Twitter's responsibility for that data getting out; and by extension, Musk's responsibility for the cleanup. He bought the problem; now he must resolve it, and he can't do that by tweeting his way out so that his stans can still kiss the ring. But I digress with the deflection.

BL.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Then you have never worked for a decent tech company. Even the lesser ones I have worked at have offered more for their employees. Perhaps an employer change is in order; I hear Twitter is hiring. Just be careful not to get a position in San Francisco; you may be stuck with paying the rent while the emplyoer tries to keep up with as many children as Nick Cannon.

BL.

I see you’ve never worked in a real tech company before. At least not Apple, AMD, Intel, Or any other chip manufacturer.

There is a reason the big ones stay big, because they are smart with money. Especially apple.

But hey, I guess working at Snapchat getting free yoga lesson is “tech” to some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ponzicoinbro

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Leadership without personal action = management. Leadership is sticking to your values and morals when you speak them or let them be known to the public.

Musk has done neither. Cases in point:
  • advocating "free speech", then banning journos and/or anyone criticizing him;
  • Claiming that a certain user is doxxing him, then goes on to dox another user himself;
When one backpedals the way he has, that isn't leadership; that is a narcissist wanting people to give him the attention he craves, and then gets upset when what he wants is used against him, but is the very exact thing he advocates. He can't handle it, and is an absolutely horrible owner.

Leadership is vision.
Management is the execution of the vision.
Musk is doing both.

Twitter’s free speech policy and the journalists‘ temporary suspension has been explained yet still struggle with characteristic obstinacy.

But you don't have to take my word for it…

I read every post so trust me you needn’t worry about this.

Pre-Musk? Musk OWNS IT NOW. One can't claim that it wan't his fault, for when he bought the company, he assumed all responsibility for the company, including the problems he has. It is now his problem that he has to deal with, and now makes him and his company liable for the damages.

Yes the leak was pre-Musk. As awesome as he is he has yet to invent a time machine.

And Twitter's responsibility for that data getting out; and by extension, Musk's responsibility for the cleanup. He bought the problem; now he must resolve it, and he can't do that by tweeting his way out so that his stans can still kiss the ring. But I digress with the deflection.

The leak occurred before him.
The api was fixed.
Twitter refused to pay a ransom.

What’s to resolve about this leak Bradl?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.