Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calleweird

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
Kortrijk, België
My label was also created this morning. After that nothing.. only the email from Apple that my package is send.

But ups customer service says they haven’t received my package yet so it can’t be delivered tomorrow. Apple Store says it’s still coming tomorrow. Im now not sure it’ll arrive tomorrow..

Has your status changed from ‘label created’ yet?
No, but keep in mind packages have to be scanned every step to ensure the updates on the site are correct. I’ve had a few times the track and trace doesn’t update yet they ring my doorbell the day after.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
No, but keep in mind packages have to be scanned every step to ensure the updates on the site are correct. I’ve had a few times the track and trace doesn’t update yet they ring my doorbell the day after.
Yeah I was hoping for that indeed. Because they have a lot of packages with iPhones and watches.

Fingers and toes crossed then!!

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
Yeah I was hoping for that indeed. Because they have a lot of packages with iPhones and watches.

Fingers and toes crossed then!!

In my order, assuming in yours as well, it states that it will be send via express. Id imagine there is barely any chance for not having a delivery attempted tomorrow.

I wonder how it will be having the new one. Kinda only upgrading because otherwise my bonus money with health insurance would start disappearing into void. Between the six and this one in terms of features to play there is so little difference. Happy to move from silver to black, not a super into black guy but you know, just to have a notable difference. Looking forward to seeing it and trying how it looks with my bands. But hell, even the unboxing looks the same. I guess I'll just put it on and here's on to the next four years. :D

Calleweird

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
Kortrijk, België
In my order, assuming in yours as well, it states that it will be send via express. Id imagine there is barely any chance for not having a delivery attempted tomorrow.

I wonder how it will be having the new one. Kinda only upgrading because otherwise my bonus money with health insurance would start disappearing into void. Between the six and this one in terms of features to play there is so little difference. Happy to move from silver to black, not a super into black guy but you know, just to have a notable difference. Looking forward to seeing it and trying how it looks with my bands. But hell, even the unboxing looks the same. I guess I'll just put it on and here's on to the next four years. :D
I’m coming from a S6 too. Just going to miss my blue colour. Other than that i presume the OS updates will stop for the S6 next year - so now’s the time. Not expecting a big refresh either next year.

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
I’m coming from a S6 too. Just going to miss my blue colour. Other than that i presume the OS updates will stop for the S6 next year - so now’s the time. Not expecting a big refresh either next year.
I think Apple spoke of a big redesign this year, so I’d imagine the next two Apple watches won’t bring to gigantic news. It was kinda fun, when watch os 10 hit suddenly the bezels became very apparent with the ui brightening up quite a bit and I feel like they toned that down with the smaller updates within the year. Probably they decided for this more bezel design because the big visible updates in the next years will be filling up series 10 bezels in 11 and 12.

When checking out the series six page earlier today I also remembered the blue. Thats so cool. Loved the red as well, but that’s less suitable for wearing everywhere. One of the reviews I saw this week pointed out that there is the rumor of the next SE being plastic, so it might be the case that all these fun colors might be with the se from now on. The jet Black might be a trial run to make the ”middle class model” look like the old stainless steel while titanium takes over the rich people tier. I think last year we still had the product red and the pink in the mix.

tolili alert

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2022
I think Apple spoke of a big redesign this year, so I’d imagine the next two Apple watches won’t bring to gigantic news. It was kinda fun, when watch os 10 hit suddenly the bezels became very apparent with the ui brightening up quite a bit and I feel like they toned that down with the smaller updates within the year. Probably they decided for this more bezel design because the big visible updates in the next years will be filling up series 10 bezels in 11 and 12.

When checking out the series six page earlier today I also remembered the blue. Thats so cool. Loved the red as well, but that’s less suitable for wearing everywhere. One of the reviews I saw this week pointed out that there is the rumor of the next SE being plastic, so it might be the case that all these fun colors might be with the se from now on. The jet Black might be a trial run to make the ”middle class model” look like the old stainless steel while titanium takes over the rich people tier. I think last year we still had the product red and the pink in the mix.
I would say that the chances of seeing any visual changes in the Series 11 and 12 are ridiculous.

There have been three redesigns in a decade: Series 4, 7 and now 10.

After each redesign… Series 5 just with first but poor AOD and Series 8 with literally with three new features: worst new sensor ever (wrist temperature, car crash detection (very cool, I like it a lot) and bluetooth 5.3 instead of 5.0.

I would say that in the series 11 or 12 we will see the fourth generation of the heart rate sensor as a major new feature (same since Series 6 until now). And then, with Series 13 we will see those bezels shrink and the screen grow a little bit more.

Regarding shipments…

I made two orders, DHL take care of one and UPS of the other. UPS says they have not the package. DHL has already processed the package at one of its facilities. I want to believe that both of them will arrive tomorrow.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Regarding shipments…

I made two orders, DHL take care of one and UPS of the other. UPS says they have not the package. DHL has already processed the package at one of its facilities. I want to believe that both of them will arrive tomorrow.
UPS says the same about mine. Also on the phone. But Apple support says it’ll definitely be delivered tomorrow. So I hope apple is right!

It’s interesting that so many people get deliveries tomorrow from the Apple Store, but with two different couriers.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020

Yes in my order in the Apple Store app they also write its send with express delivery. I hope you’re right!

I’m super excited as well. It’s my first Apple Watch. I’m switching from Garmin.
And im really happy they have a true black one now, instead of midnight, I’m definitely a super into black kinda girl 😄

I already have my two bands (sequoia green leather link and clover sport band that I found really cheap), so I really can’t wait! Also because the Garmin watch software and app is riddled in bugs. Was waiting since March for the Apple event in September :D

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
I already have my two bands (sequoia green leather link and clover sport band that I found really cheap), so I really can’t wait! Also because the Garmin watch software and app is riddled in bugs. Was waiting since March for the Apple event in September :D

the asian shops (Ali express and such) are super amazing for picking up watch bands. Stuff like nylon and Milanese is something around 2,50€ a pop and they offer more colors. If you want to stock up it’s incredible quality (Considering it’s just fabric from a knitting machine Apple won’t be doing to much better, at the very least nothing 50-100€ better).
Still exited to see my first nylon sport band from Apple tomorrow. With my first watch I got a solo Loop and did not like it at all.

Reactions: Pixels7

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
After each redesign… Series 5 just with first but poor AOD and Series 8 with literally with three new features: worst new sensor ever (wrist temperature, car crash detection (very cool, I like it a lot) and bluetooth 5.3 instead of 5.0.

no car for me, but it’s nice to have. My hope is that the body temperature might give some fun readings, but I have never seen anyone talk about it. I think it was supposed to be able to tell you are getting sick before getting sick? The new water temperature reading can be a fun thing to nerd around with. Sometimes i do cold plunges.

At this point I hope for no new heart rate sensor, it would be sad if the blood pressure reading ended up hardware locked as I actually take lowering medication. It would be soooo nice to have the assistance via watch to see the trend go up or down and be more capable of adjusting medication with my doctor. It would be super extra cool if it’s next years new feature and gets retroactively put into the series 10 like the sleep apnea got this year.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Mine is still stuck on ‘label is made, UPS hasn’t received package yet’ and ‘waiting for delivery date’.

Apple Store still says it’ll be delivered tomorrow.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Yes!! It has arrived in Köln 😁
There are no other status updates between this one at 22.16 and the ‘label is made’ one this morning.

So UPS customer care was really wrong, they stated it would definitely not arrive at my house tomorrow.

Now I hope for a time frame for delivery. Other than ‘by the end of the day’.

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
Yes!! It has arrived in Köln 😁
There are no other status updates between this one at 22.16 and the ‘label is made’ one this morning.

So UPS customer care was really wrong, they stated it would definitely not arrive at my house tomorrow.

Now I hope for a time frame for delivery. Other than ‘by the end of the day’.
I had two scans at cologne. 20:28 and 20:46. Arrival and import scan. The way I know warehouse work it probably all arrived at the same time and now it’s just people unloading, putting it in the automatic sorting machines, scanning ect.

first level customer support usually can’t do anything more than read the same faq you can access on the website. its good for them that they have a job I guess. Absolutely useless in most cases, worst case they are so untrained that they become bitchy.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
I had two scans at cologne. 20:28 and 20:46. Arrival and import scan. The way I know warehouse work it probably all arrived at the same time and now it’s just people unloading, putting it in the automatic sorting machines, scanning ect.

first level customer support usually can’t do anything more than read the same faq you can access on the website. its good for them that they have a job I guess. Absolutely useless in most cases, worst case they are so untrained that they become bitchy.

Yes customer support can be interesting. I wanted to change the delivery to an access point and of course I also wanted to know what was up with my package. But delivering to an access point was not possible.

But most of the time when I call customer support from any company I get an answer, but I’m sure it’s wrong so then I’ll call them again with the same question and I’ll get a completely different answer.

My estimated delivery time is between 09.00 and 19.00. That’s always the case here, I live rural, that’s why I wanted to pick it up at an access point. Now I’ll just wait the whole day next to my door 😂

and I think you’re right about the scanning process.

I’m so annoyed by myself, I get so stressed out from these package deliveries sometimes 🙃 While I know that all will be well in the end. First world problems.

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Good morning! Mine is in Eindhoven, the Netherlands since 4.20. I live 45 minutes from there and the tracking says it’s on its way to me since 5. I don’t think that’s true :) But I hope UPS is here much earlier than 19.00 in the evening!

So exciting!

Reactions: DrRadon

Pixels7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Oh good, I got a smaller time frame. First one was between 9.00 and 19.00 and now it’s estimated between 12.30 and 16.30. So hopefully I can set it up before I have to cook dinner :cool:

Reactions: DrRadon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.