Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands
Wow that sucks! I always thought people were weird for saying Apple got AMAZING support... They try to screw us over regarding legal warranty (pretending we can only get 1 year while EU law states 2) etc...

I trust that they’ve done everything possible for me, and just hope my delivery date will be bumped to a sooner date

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
I trust that they’ve done everything possible for me, and just hope my delivery date will be bumped to a sooner date

Fair enough! Good luck. My 20-27th hasn't been bumped yet either so hopefully they will be bumped soon!

Reactions: Cremerhm

_LeaFy_

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
Weird, my is coming from Czech Republic about 400km away from me and Apple says it will be delivered on 13th. UPS doesn’t show date yet
Edit
Apple has just changed to 9th I’m so happy!!

Last edited:

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Unfortunately they didn’t do everything possible. For example, by letting people buy two iPhone Xs at launch despite the dearth of stock, Apple helped supply scalpers. Just check any website where individuals can sell electronics you’ll find plenty of iPhone Xs at marked up prices (sometimes for a pair). Also this 6am reservation system... why not give priority for those units to people who pre-ordered weeks ago instead of whomever just decided to get an iPhone X who has a relatively fast connection and good reflexes? And why is the US market so much better supplied?

Last edited:

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
I wrote yesterday an e-mail to Apple complaining about the market priority to USA and that this makes no sense, if you have a pre-order or launch for more countries, because customers from different countries should have the same preference. And we are not seeing this, with the delivery dates that are bumped.

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
I wrote yesterday an e-mail to Apple complaining about the market priority to USA and that this makes no sense, if you have a pre-order or launch for more countries, because customers from different countries should have the same preference. And we are not seeing this, with the delivery dates that are bumped.

So true. Keep us posted if you get a reply

le_cagou

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2017

What I don't understand is why Apple is launching the iPhone X in 70 more countries on 24th, while people who placed their preorder on november 3rd within minutes after the app store came back online have to wait till 28th.

(germany, delivery 21. - 28.11.)

jimmyX

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
West AUT
My Visa just got charged and status changed to „preparing for delivery“
Delivery date is still 22.-29.11.

Last edited:

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands

I also wrote an email to mr. T. Cook yesterday, but he hasn't answered yet.

I wrote about my situation (DOA and have to wait till December) ....

It won't help me and I really don't expect he will actually answer, but at least it felt as if I tried something more then only calling apple care.

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
I have received an automatic response saying that I will receive an e-mail in 2 days. I will inform about it and what is the answer.

Reactions: elhungarian

ice.

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
my order (SG 256, confirmed 5 minutes after release) changed to: "Preparing to Ship" but still "Delivers 21 Nov - 28 Nov"

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
my order (SG 256, confirmed 5 minutes after release) changed to: "Preparing to Ship" but still "Delivers 21 Nov - 28 Nov"

Yes my order was also just charged but I canceled it since I just picked up my iPhone X in store.

slaWter

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2016
Switzerland
Missed an in-store pick-up reservation by a few seconds on Monday but today it worked and I was able to pick one up early in the afternoon in Zürich.
Cancelled my online order. Got into the 14-21 Nov window and it hasn't moved since.

While I was at the Apple Store, two dudes just walked and asked if they had unreserved iPhone Xs. And indeed they did! Lucky guys.

Reactions: elhungarian

teobilly

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
I' ve canceled my pre-order

I was able to reserve a 64GB Silver model from the Milan Apple Store.

I drove for 7 hours (450km) and I managed to get my iPhone X

ITALY:
ordered mine on 11/4. Delivery Estimate: 12/6-12/14

Hai trovato disponibilità sul sito apple con ritiro allo Store ?
A che ora lo hai trovato disponibile sullo store? Cosi alla stessa ora controllo ! Grazie !

Attachments

• 59fdc7164db30_ordinex.jpg.d550be01e830a27bdb589fcd90b3f0c5.jpg
    59fdc7164db30_ordinex.jpg.d550be01e830a27bdb589fcd90b3f0c5.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 116

MattiaC28

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Milan, Italy
I' ve canceled my pre-order

I was able to reserve a 64GB Silver model from the Milan Apple Store.

I drove for 7 hours (450km) and I managed to get my iPhone X

Found the available Xs this morning but decided to wait for my 256Gb, glad you managed to get one ;)
[doublepost=1510164227][/doublepost]
ITALY:
ordered mine on 11/4. Delivery Estimate: 12/6-12/14

Hai trovato disponibilità sul sito apple con ritiro allo Store ?
A che ora lo hai trovato disponibile sullo store? Cosi alla stessa ora controllo ! Grazie !

This morning at 8.10am there were 64GB in both Silver and Space Gray at Apple Store Carosello and Apple Store Fiordaliso

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
I also wrote an email to mr. T. Cook yesterday, but he hasn't answered yet.

I wrote about my situation (DOA and have to wait till December) ....

It won't help me and I really don't expect he will actually answer, but at least it felt as if I tried something more then only calling apple care.
That’s just ridiculous Apple should really have replacements for defective devices. I can’t think of a higher priority. Why can’t Apple give you a replacement iPhone x from the inventory that ends up in the daily 6am lottery...?

MattiaC28

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Milan, Italy
That’s just ridiculous Apple should really have replacements for defective devices. I can’t think of a higher priority. Why can’t Apple give you a replacement iPhone x from the inventory that ends up in the daily 6am lottery...?
was thinking about the same solution. But with the expanded launch on 24th and the "lottery" they are really trying to sell everything they can...and we already paid for our phones

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands

I had a call from someone from "Apple Online Store Executive Relations" thanking me for the mail I've send to Tim Cook and he told me he takes over my case. Tomorrow we wil have contact again.

elhungarian

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2009
Missed an in-store pick-up reservation by a few seconds on Monday but today it worked and I was able to pick one up early in the afternoon in Zürich.
Cancelled my online order. Got into the 14-21 Nov window and it hasn't moved since.

While I was at the Apple Store, two dudes just walked and asked if they had unreserved iPhone Xs. And indeed they did! Lucky guys.
What time did you reserve online?

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Found the available Xs this morning but decided to wait for my 256Gb, glad you managed to get one ;)
[doublepost=1510164227][/doublepost]

This morning at 8.10am there were 64GB in both Silver and Space Gray at Apple Store Carosello and Apple Store Fiordaliso

Yes the 256 version is not easy to find. Yesterday at 23:00 there was also 256GB silver model in stock. Try to watch the store tonight! I hope your order will be dispatched soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.